• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What would you have done different?

getgrizzy said:
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/log/index.php/2012/04/12/a-play-by-play-look?blog=2

chew on that playerrep. :coffee:

As long and (un)impressive as that list of transgressions is, I think they missed a few.

Actually Title IX requires an internal investigation. You know she was advised not to contact the police how?? and how do you explain the police departments delay (other than it was a holiday weekend?

wbtfg said:
getgrizzy said:
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/log/index.php/2012/04/12/a-play-by-play-look?blog=2

As long and (un)impressive as that list of transgressions is, I think they missed a few.

Its true, they never once mentioned the Griz beating the cats in all of the accomplishments.

In all seriousness, the tough thing about that list is all the alleged occurrences. While they are embarrassing to the school/community it is tough to toss a kid off the team for allegedly doing something. Any serious offense, that has proof, (not including DUI) the player has been immediately kicked off the team.

This is not as cut and dry as it seems.

wbtfg said:
getgrizzy said:

yep. they missed kemp pissing, stuberg warming up montelius et al, joyce and stapp's duis, parks assault. are they liars in p.r.'s book for not including them? :jack: that smiley is named jack. :lol:

br fan said:
tnt I've got ask, are you Engstrom's PR guy? Because your "shorthand" version of what happened with the Saudi student sure makes it sound like it.

A woman reported to UM authorities that she was assaulted by a Saudi student. UM advised the woman that they "would take care of it," and if they did not tell her she needed to do anything further they at least implied it. UM did not advise the woman that she needed to report the incident to the MIssoula police. UM did not follow Title IX protocol, but instead attempted to handle it "in-house," and met with the Saudi student and advised him of the complaints filed against him.

A week later a second woman reported to UM officials that she had been sexually assaulted. UM again advised the woman that they "would take care of it," and sent out a mass e-mail late on a Friday afternoon to the students with the warning. UM again did not advise the woman to contact the police, and again did not advise the police of either incident, even though UM lacked jurisdicition in handling the assault matters, and even though it contravened the arrangment UM had (has?) with the Missoula PD to handle incidents where UM lacked jurisdicition. The MIssoula PD was advised of the second incident when someone showed them a copy of the e-mail sent out to the students. In the meantime UM contacted the Saudi student and advised him of the second complaint that had been filed against him, and sometime over the weekend the Saudi student disappeared.

The next Friday a press conference was held. Engstrom was questioned on why the complaints UM knew of for a week were not passed on the the Missoula PD. Engstrom stated that the first incident was not an "assault;" instead he claimed it was merely a "minor in possession" complaint as he tried to justify why UM attempted to handle the matter internally. The alleged facts surrounding the first assault were in the first complaint that was filed. Either Engstrom lied in the press conference, which some people suspect, or Engstrom attempted to gloss over the fact that UM has no jurisdiction or business determining what facts constitute an assault. In either event, UM completely pooched the Saudi student incident, and pretty much destroyed the relationship (which wasn't great to start with) that they had with the Missoula PD.
This sounds more like what I have heard.

getgrizzy said:

The linked article has so many mistakes that it isn't even credible.

Freeman was not on team when much of this occurred. He was acquitted at trial in the June '07 beer bottle incident. Why isn't that mentioned? It is not true that Freeman refused to testify at Wilson's trial. The prosecution declined to call him as a witness because they assumed he would support Wilson.

Quinn's dui at OK was a baby dui. It was a .03. It is not true that Quinn pled guilty to the 2008 dui. The charge was dropped within a week or so.

The charges against Gregorak were completely bogus and were dropped. The person in the video at the strip club was someone else. Shoddy police work.

Kemp/Johnson did not plea no contest to all the charges; only to disorderly conduct.

Nothing has come of the alleged Dec. 2011 sexual assault. Just because the accuser had been with players earlier in the evening, didn't mean they were involved in anything.

Roots domestic assault charge looks bogus. The woman apparently paid his bail and picked him up from jail (according to posts on the board), and has said she doesn't want to pursue the charge.

Where's the personal accountability of this reporter? Why is he so sloppy? Can't he just stick with the facts. There's plenty of material to work with.

PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:

Freeman was not on team when much of this occurred. He was acquitted at trial in the June '07 beer bottle incident. Why isn't that mentioned? It is not true that Freeman refused to testify at Wilson's trial. The prosecution declined to call him as a witness because they assumed he would support Wilson.

Quinn's dui at OK was a baby dui. It was a .03. It is not true that Quinn pled guilty to the 2008 dui. The charge was dropped within a week or so.

The charges against Gregorak were completely bogus and were dropped. The person in the video at the strip club was someone else. Shoddy police work.

Kemp/Johnson did not plea no contest to all the charges; only to disorderly conduct.

Nothing has come of the alleged Dec. 2011 sexual assault. Just because the accuser had been with players earlier in the evening, didn't mean they were involved in anything.

Roots domestic assault charge looks bogus. The woman apparently paid his bail and picked him up from jail (according to posts on the board), and has said she doesn't want to pursue the charge.

Where's the personal accountability of this reporter? Why is he so sloppy? Can't he just stick with the facts. There's plenty of material to work with.

:sleep:

PlayerRep said:
If you had been O'Day/Pflu, what, specifically, would you have done differently in the last year or so regarding player behavior issues? Be specific (name incidents). No generalities (like they should have reduced bad behavor, or had a zero tolerance policy without specifics). If you want to mention a zero tolerance policy, then be specific about how you would have administered it in specific incidents. Let's agree that Pflu's recent comments about JJ to the Missoulian could have been shorter and toned down (and rehash that one).

Everything was just fine. UM's image wasn't taking a hit at all. :roll:

UM just decided not to renew their contracts.

PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:

It is absolutely AMAZING how many run-ins people associated with the Griz football program have that end up just being "misunderstandings".

Oh, and FYI PR: do a little research on domestic violence. The face that Roots' woman "paid his bail and picked him up from jail and said she doesn't want to pursue charges" in no way makes the charge "bogus". In fact, it's an extremely common reaction from a battered spouse.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:

It is absolutely AMAZING how many run-ins people associated with the Griz football program have that end up just being "misunderstandings".

Oh, and FYI PR: do a little research on domestic violence. The face that Roots' woman "paid his bail and picked him up from jail and said she doesn't want to pursue charges" in no way makes the charge "bogus". In fact, it's an extremely common reaction from a battered spouse.

If a woman bites and scratches the guy, and starts hitting him, and he puts up his hands to protect himself and/or pushes her back, I say the charges are bogus. It's my understanding that the guy will get arrested in a situation like this, even if the woman is the aggressor. Again, bogus.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:

If a woman bites and scratches the guy, and starts hitting him, and he puts up his hands to protect himself and/or pushes her back, I say the charges are bogus. It's my understanding that the guy will get arrested in a situation like this, even if the woman is the aggressor. Again, bogus.

Apparently you never reproduced and had daughters. Thank God for that.

grizbrokebacker1 said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

5 kids and 2 daughters: one daughter in college now and one a UM graduate. I also know the law and practice on this type of domestic abuse. Apparently, you know little about anything, other than being a dick.

PlayerRep said:
grizbrokebacker1 said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

5 kids and 2 daughters: one daughter in college now and one a UM graduate. I also know the law and practice on this type of domestic abuse. Apparently, you know little about anything, other than being a dick.

I feel sorry for your daughters considering you think it's ok for a man to push them and put his hands around their throat. Good for you my mannequin, good for you.

PlayerRep said:

2 college daughters.................I bet they know dick.

:coffee:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
PlayerRep said:

any takers on whose side jack would take if a player ever got accused of physically or sexually assulting one of them.....? :shock:

i know where i'd place my bet. :?

ilovethecats said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
PlayerRep said:

any takers on whose side jack would take if a player ever got accused of physically or sexually assulting one of them.....? :shock:

i know where i'd place my bet. :?

He would side with the players.

I mean he kinda sold his daughters out on a message board the way he did so....yeah I would go with the players.

No one on this board would have or could have done jack shit differently. The issue really is all about perceptions that are based on changing conditions and public moods. Those have changed significantly since the child rape allegations in the penn state showers that surfaced last year as we all damn well know.

Now the reality is everyone seems to want to have the perfect "Role Model" athlete not just at the pro level but at the college level as well. These kids are to be put on a pedastal only to be torn down when they make any mistake or any allegation is cast their way. There are cases of student athletes that do deserve and get punished for breaking the law, but this goes way past that.

Athletes are NOT the role models that you need to have your children aspire to be, YOU SHOULD BE THAT ROLE MODEL!

Seems to me like 99% of the "string em up" Mob mentallity morons on here dont actually get that.

None of you with this thinking will actually make a real difference in the long run because your unwilling to change yourselves but would rather blame others for the issues in our society.

Hey dont you EVER make a post without bashing Royce Engstrom again.....................you hack. This board needs consistency Jokyo not half-assedness.

Back