• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What would you have done different?

Hey PR, those donors who "quit". . . They'll be forgotten just about as quickly as the batch who quit when the last AD (what was his name again?) Got fired. Losing donors when there is any change of AD is pretty much a given, there are lots of joc sniffers out there.

BTW if you are a lawyer ( for which I have seen little evidence) I wouldn't talk about anyone being past their prime. The only way you could possibly be admitted to any bar (excep Al &Vics) is if you were grandfathered in before UM grads had to take the bar exam.

Personally, I would have typed the title of this thread with the correct usage.

That's what I would have done differently.... :cool:

PlayerRep said:
I just defend some players, coaches and administrators on the internet--from people like you who provide false information or lie about them. If you and your ilk didn't lie so much about these guys, you wouldn't see as many of my posts.

Specifics please. You're just using generalizations here. :butt:

EverettGriz said:
Personally, I would have typed the title of this thread with the correct usage.

That's what I would have done differently.... :cool:

Your wrong.........hes a lawyer, game over.

:coffee:

tnt said:
Hey PR, those donors who "quit". . . They'll be forgotten just about as quickly as the batch who quit when the last AD (what was his name again?) Got fired. Losing donors when there is any change of AD is pretty much a given, there are lots of joc sniffers out there.

BTW if you are a lawyer ( for which I have seen little evidence) I wouldn't talk about anyone being past their prime. The only way you could possibly be admitted to any bar (excep Al &Vics) is if you were grandfathered in before UM grads had to take the bar exam.

ROFL! This is good stuff!

MooUBaby said:
PlayerRep said:
It's a message board. It's the internet. We get to discuss what we want. Don't read it or respond, if you don't like it. Everytime I see a post like this from you, I'm going to increase the number of my responses.

Player Rape are you an actual lawyer? That was my question number 5 last week and you never answered, so I'm still waiting. If you are an actual lawyer, why don't you stamp your real name on your posts so your possible future clients can see what a dumbass their lawyer is, if they in fact due choose your services. I mean you couldn't even get the scum of the earth to call upon your services with some of the ridiculous, desperate shit you spew on here. Your such a complete out of touch ass, you can't even take the things you say seriously can you? Do yourself a favor, JUMP!!!

If everyone saw eye to eye on a message board, the message board would die a slow and agonizing death from boredom. As such, I appreciate the diversity of opinion on this board. And I believe that a message board should be an anonymous forum. I do not know PlayerRep personally, but know who he is because others have mentioned his name on this board. Not only is he an actual lawyer, he is an accomplished one at that and works with a very large and prestigious national firm. The issues he handles are complex and frankly above the capabilities of most lawyers. And yes, I have an legal background, but haven't actively practiced law for more than 20 years. All that being said, a person's occupation doesn't have any relevance to what he or she posts on a football fan message board. I respect and appreciate the posts of everyone who is passionate enough about Griz football to take the time to post on this board...but do I always agree with them, of course not! Egriz is full of witty, smart, funny and entertaining members and I do look forward to reading it every day.

OldtiredGRiz said:
MooUBaby said:
PlayerRep said:
It's a message board. It's the internet. We get to discuss what we want. Don't read it or respond, if you don't like it. Everytime I see a post like this from you, I'm going to increase the number of my responses.

Player Rape are you an actual lawyer? That was my question number 5 last week and you never answered, so I'm still waiting. If you are an actual lawyer, why don't you stamp your real name on your posts so your possible future clients can see what a dumbass their lawyer is, if they in fact due choose your services. I mean you couldn't even get the scum of the earth to call upon your services with some of the ridiculous, desperate shit you spew on here. Your such a complete out of touch ass, you can't even take the things you say seriously can you? Do yourself a favor, JUMP!!!

If everyone saw eye to eye on a message board, the message board would die a slow and agonizing death from boredom. As such, I appreciate the diversity of opinion on this board. And I believe that a message board should be an anonymous forum. I do not know PlayerRep personally, but know who he is because others have mentioned his name on this board. Not only is he an actual lawyer, he is an accomplished one at that and works with a very large and prestigious national firm. The issues he handles are complex and frankly above the capabilities of most lawyers. And yes, I have an legal background, but haven't actively practiced law for more than 20 years. All that being said, a person's occupation doesn't have any relevance to what he or she posts on a football fan message board. I respect and appreciate the posts of everyone who is passionate enough about Griz football to take the time to post on this board...but do I always agree with them, of course not! Egriz is full of witty, smart, funny and entertaining members and I do look forward to reading it every day.

Well said, too bad we just cannot fast forward to late summer/fall camp. The BS is at it's worse in the offseason.

I think Pflu and O Day should have been more public with what was going on. A press release something like:

' The coaching staff and Athletic Department is aware of an investigation by MPD into an incident by XXX. This is an on going investigation and we are cooperating to the best of our abilities with the MPD. We are waiting the results of the investigation but until such time interim disciplinary measures have been taken. Additional disciplinary measures will be taken, if warranted, upon the completion of the investigation. While we regret this matter has come up we want to assure the Administration, Faculty, Staff, Sudents of the University, Citizens of Missoula and the State of Montana that this kind of behavior is not characteristic of the majority of our student athletes at the University of Montana and will not be tolerated or go unpunished if warranted." Then discipline those that deserve it!

PlayerRep said:
If you had been O'Day/Pflu, what, specifically, would you have done differently in the last year or so regarding player behavior issues? Be specific (name incidents). No generalities (like they should have reduced bad behavor, or had a zero tolerance policy without specifics). If you want to mention a zero tolerance policy, then be specific about how you would have administered it in specific incidents. Let's agree that Pflu's recent comments about JJ to the Missoulian could have been shorter and toned down (and rehash that one).

I don't know because I don't know what they did, and neither does anyone else.

grizpsych said:
PlayerRep said:
If you had been O'Day/Pflu, what, specifically, would you have done differently in the last year or so regarding player behavior issues? Be specific (name incidents). No generalities (like they should have reduced bad behavor, or had a zero tolerance policy without specifics). If you want to mention a zero tolerance policy, then be specific about how you would have administered it in specific incidents. Let's agree that Pflu's recent comments about JJ to the Missoulian could have been shorter and toned down (and rehash that one).

I don't know because I don't know what they did, and neither does anyone else.

Jacques Sniffer does. At least he's heard it around town from some very reliable sources in the know.

PlayerRep said:
Okay, you say 3 or 4 games for Middleton's dui arrest. I disagree. One game seems right to me, which is what he got. Certainly not more than 2. A ticket for peeing isn't a big deal to me, but okay I'll put you down for 1 game for the 2 incidents. TJ didn't get in "trouble for gang banging at a frat". No charges at all. Apparently threw one punch; didn't kick the kid. This was from a witness who was there, and previously reported on the board. TJ was benched for 1.25 games, which is not a huge difference than 2.0.

I just defend some players, coaches and administrators on the internet--from people like you who provide false information or lie about them. If you and your ilk didn't lie so much about these guys, you wouldn't see as many of my posts.

the bolded is all you need to know about p.r. trouble to p.r., you see, only happens when the police get involved. the rest of the world knows, not just thinks, but knows, that trouble happens when kids take treats out of the pantry, when employees don't get their work done on time, when h.s. students show up for class late...you get my drift.

hauck, o'day, dennison, foley and by profession pflu all knew by t.j.'s own admission that he ganged up on a guy and broke his jaw. it doesn't matter that it's o.k. with the victim and his family, because its not o.k. with the u of m per its code of conduct. then he continued to get in trouble by getting multiple parking or traffic tickets and finally getting into it with the cops and getting tazed.

hauck, o'day, dennison, foley, and pflu did u of m, its fans, its players, tj and ultimately most likely themselves a disservice by not punishing him harsher.

getgrizzy said:
PlayerRep said:
Okay, you say 3 or 4 games for Middleton's dui arrest. I disagree. One game seems right to me, which is what he got. Certainly not more than 2. A ticket for peeing isn't a big deal to me, but okay I'll put you down for 1 game for the 2 incidents. TJ didn't get in "trouble for gang banging at a frat". No charges at all. Apparently threw one punch; didn't kick the kid. This was from a witness who was there, and previously reported on the board. TJ was benched for 1.25 games, which is not a huge difference than 2.0.

the bolded is all you need to know about p.r. trouble to p.r., you see, only happens when the police get involved. the rest of the world knows, not just thinks, but knows, that trouble happens when kids take treats out of the pantry, when employees don't get their work done on time, when h.s. students show up for class late...you get my drift.

hauck, o'day, dennison, foley and by profession pflu all knew by t.j.'s own admission that he ganged up on a guy and broke his jaw. it doesn't matter that it's o.k. with the victim and his family, because its not o.k. with the u of m per its code of conduct. then he continued to get in trouble by getting multiple parking or traffic tickets and finally getting into it with the cops and getting tazed.

hauck, o'day, dennison, foley, and pflu did u of m, its fans, its players, tj and ultimately most likely themselves a disservice by not punishing him harsher.

So a "slight fracture in cheek bone" is a "broken jaw"? TJ probably admitted that he threw one punch, which followed an immediately prior incident in which the kid was after another guy who was with TJ/Swink. Again, according to an observer who was there at the time, TJ threw one punch and didn't kick anyone. That's hardly ganging up on anyone. See below quote from Missoulian. getgrizzy's version of the incident is a prime example of posters who post untrue things and outright lies.

"According to O'Day, UM officials followed protocol...."

"Bobby (Hauck) handled the thing like a pro, a gentleman, an honorable person."

"O'Day said Hauck went above and beyond what the university deemed necessary for punishment."

Here's the full quote:

"McCarthy was taken to the hospital for stitches and was found to have a slight fracture of his cheekbone. But he chose not to contact the police.

According to O'Day, UM officials followed protocol by looking into the incident and handling it internally. As per McCarthy's wishes, no incident report was filed at UM.

"It was resolved between them," said Grady's father, Kevin McCarthy of Missoula.

"It was an issue where there were two kids. They're friends now, that's the real irony. They're good kids that made a mistake. It was nothing that needed to be brought up and Bobby (Hauck) handled the thing like a pro, a gentleman, an honorable person."

Johnson and Swink were held out of Montana's Sept. 5 opener against Division II Western State and Hauck said they were "unavailable to compete" for disciplinary reasons. O'Day said Hauck went above and beyond what the university deemed necessary for punishment.

PlayerRep said:

Didn't Hauck make national news for how he handled the student reporter?

bisonboone11 said:
What is the story with the Saudi kid? Sorry, I'm a little out the loop on all of this.
The University followed the protocol in Title IX including having the victim contact the police. The police had the kid under "observation" whatever that was. In the meantime before they made an arrest he levt the country

PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:
PlayerRep said:

So a "slight fracture in cheek bone" is a "broken jaw"? TJ probably admitted that he threw one punch, which followed an immediately prior incident in which the kid was after another guy who was with TJ/Swink. Again, according to an observer who was there at the time, TJ threw one punch and didn't kick anyone. That's hardly ganging up on anyone. See below quote from Missoulian. getgrizzy's version of the incident is a prime example of posters who post untrue things and outright lies.

"According to O'Day, UM officials followed protocol...."

"O'Day said Hauck went above and beyond what the university deemed necessary for punishment."

Here's the full quote:

"McCarthy was taken to the hospital for stitches and was found to have a slight fracture of his cheekbone. But he chose not to contact the police.

According to O'Day, UM officials followed protocol by looking into the incident and handling it internally. As per McCarthy's wishes, no incident report was filed at UM.

"It was resolved between them," said Grady's father, Kevin McCarthy of Missoula.

"It was an issue where there were two kids. They're friends now, that's the real irony. They're good kids that made a mistake. It was nothing that needed to be brought up and Bobby (Hauck) handled the thing like a pro, a gentleman, an honorable person."

Johnson and Swink were held out of Montana's Sept. 5 opener against Division II Western State and Hauck said they were "unavailable to compete" for disciplinary reasons. O'Day said Hauck went above and beyond what the university deemed necessary for punishment.

thanks for reinforcing what i just said. idiot. :lol: :clap: since it was a broken cheekbone and not a broken jaw, he didn't do anything wrong? wow, thanks columbo.

it isn't your code, it isn't o'day's code, it isn't the mccarthy's code. it's u of m's code. t.j. f'd up, and he f'd up again and after that they suspended him for one quarter. you're just going to have to learn to live with the fact that they didn't punish him accordingly.

I think the broken jaw was in the dorm fight where the football players ganged up on a student who ended up with a broken jaw, a concussion, and chipped teeth.

wbtfg said:
I think the broken jaw was in the dorm fight where the football players ganged up on a student who ended up with a broken jaw, a concussion, and chipped teeth.
yeah, so many stories like this you'll have to forgive me if i mix and match some of them up. gee, i'm so sorry. :lol:

Back