• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What would you have done different?

Exactly tnt. This is a "what have you done for me lately" business. The would ofs, could ofs are better left to those that are ACTUALLY getting paid by Pflugrad and O'Day to be their lawyers instead of some computer jockies. The team has moved forward. I suggest the rest of do as well. We are wasting our time crying over spilt milk.

On a side note, I was walking out of my girlfriend's office last week here in Great Falls, and there was an older man with an even older griz hat who noticed my griz jacket. He asked me, "what's going to happen to our griz?" I said without skipping a beat, "We are going to be fine, we are the griz!" His then said, "Yep, Mick will have them ready to go. He's our coach now!"

Mick Delaney is our coach now. Time to rally the troops and get behind this team. Quit your hand wringing and kvetching and get back on the horse.

grizatwork said:
On a side note, I was walking out of my girlfriend's office last week here in Great Falls, and there was an older man with an even older griz hat who noticed my griz jacket. He asked me, "what's going to happen to our griz?" I said without skipping a beat, "We are going to be fine, we are the griz!" His then said, "Yep, Mick will have them ready to go. He's our coach now!"

Mick Delaney is our coach now. Time to rally the troops and get behind this team. Quit your hand wringing and kvetching and get back on the horse.

This. We have the benefit of hindsight, but right now all we are doing is digging up bones. Football is just around the corner and I am personally excited for the scouting reports that Brint does, as well as taking in some games, regardless of who is, or should have been the coach.

grizatwork said:

Right on. :thumb:
Pflu and O'Day are now "old news" -- even more so now that whatever happens from here is in the hands of the lawyers.

Feedback from the spring game, etc. says the team has moved on and is ready to play for the coaches they have now. Some, at least -- and maybe most -- will recognize that a few individuals "let the team (and Pflu) down" and will be busting their butts to prove that they're not the bunch of thugs that some outsiders have chosen to portray them.

If the team can keep it rolling, I -- honestly -- would not want to be one of our first few opponents.

grizcountry420 said:
wbtfg said:
PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:
i would've given stiffer penalties to middleton, kemp, tj, kemp again. make them miss full games or more. that's what player's covet the most and doing that gets everyone's attention and might curb future bad behavior. as a coach if you win or lose the game that one of them misses you get respect from the fans, players, administrators because you were still able to win without them or you accepted losing without them.

fans need to learn that if players f up and don't play and it costs us the game, that's really o.k. it's not the end of the world to punish players for the long term benifit of the team, even if that means losing a game and bumming out the big donors.

Yippee, some specifics. Middleton missed the Tennessee game. Am I missing something on this, or is there another incident? So Kemp suspended a game for exactly what? Again, please be specific. Got it on Kemp/Tru for full game suspension for what turned out to be a disorderly conduct plea.

So did you just post this topic so you could argue or were you actually hoping for an adult conversation?

+1

What an ass jack......... :jack:

+2 His agenda never stops. I guess Phlu and O'Day were fired for wearing briefs, and not boxers. :roll:

How about 1 simple rule. If you make the paper, you are done. I think that is simple enough for all the players and coaches to understand.

getgrizzy said:
PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:
i would've given stiffer penalties to middleton, kemp, tj, kemp again. make them miss full games or more. that's what player's covet the most and doing that gets everyone's attention and might curb future bad behavior. as a coach if you win or lose the game that one of them misses you get respect from the fans, players, administrators because you were still able to win without them or you accepted losing without them.

fans need to learn that if players f up and don't play and it costs us the game, that's really o.k. it's not the end of the world to punish players for the long term benifit of the team, even if that means losing a game and bumming out the big donors.

I don't think there are any big or even small donors that would be bummed out for losing a game due to suspensions of players--as long as they believed the suspensions/punishment fit the crime. Big and small donors all want the program to be clean, including reduced numbers of player incidents. Personally, anyway who says that UM was just trying to win at all costs, both doesn't know the program and is a total idiot. That is just plain not true. It wasn't true under Hauck or Pflu.

middleton came here after being booted off or quitting uw under suspicious circumstances, then he got a dui last summer. he should've been given a 3-4 game suspension, because we did him a favor and gave him a second chance and he didn't care and abused it.

i don't know if kemp got a ticket for peeing in the street first or got into a row with the cops first, but after the second one he should've been benched for a full game at least. second time offender.

tj had been in trouble for gang-banging at a frat, then got nailed f'ing with the police. he should've been benched for two games.

i don't have a problem with not suspending montana or duncan since they were first time busts. i believe in giving a guy a second chance.

sorry, we have a lot of cry-baby big donors and small donors and non-donors who pout every single time they don't get their way. they want to fire the coach, fire the president, blame the press, blame the cops, and can't fathom anyone being accountable. it's what this program has become for that group. you're their unofficial leader. congrats.

Okay, you say 3 or 4 games for Middleton's dui arrest. I disagree. One game seems right to me, which is what he got. Certainly not more than 2. A ticket for peeing isn't a big deal to me, but okay I'll put you down for 1 game for the 2 incidents. TJ didn't get in "trouble for gang banging at a frat". No charges at all. Apparently threw one punch; didn't kick the kid. This was from a witness who was there, and previously reported on the board. TJ was benched for 1.25 games, which is not a huge difference than 2.0.

I just defend some players, coaches and administrators on the internet--from people like you who provide false information or lie about them. If you and your ilk didn't lie so much about these guys, you wouldn't see as many of my posts.

Clem_Griz said:
How about 1 simple rule. If you make the paper, you are done. I think that is simple enough for all the players and coaches to understand.

So false accusations and minor things that got into the press would cause someone to be done? Your rule wouldn't survive legally. It would get the university sued. It would also kill recruiting. Recruits would chose to go to other schools.

grizatwork said:
What exactly is the point of this? Keep beating that dead horse if it makes you sleep better at night. There was a perception of apathy in the university about the bad publicity. Pflugrad's statement regarding JJ. Straw meet camel's back. The firings were as much about public perception than anything else. Doesn't make it right or wrong in my book. People get fired all the time for the perception of things, especially people in a position of leadership. Please...............................................let it go. Move on.

It's a message board. It's the internet. We get to discuss what we want. Don't read it or respond, if you don't like it. Everytime I see a post like this from you, I'm going to increase the number of my responses.

tnt said:
PlayerRep said:
tnt said:
I don't think its unpunished behavior, its behavior. If I was JOD I would have made it clear that There needed to be a better image of the team period. That even the appearance of "evil doing" would need to be dealt with. I would not have suggested anymore than a 1 year contract until things improved and made it clear to Pflu he was at best on a buuble. I would then have met with Engstrom and made it clear to him that Foleys "help" and spin doctoring was not helping but hurting.

What does your first sentence mean? What's JOD mean? Do you really think that O'Day, etc. didn't discuss the need for better image (and behavior) of the team? Pflu only had less than one year remaining on his signed contract. What "spin doctoring" did Foley do? Let's hear some specifics.

You are kidding right? Read the national articles. In this case THAT perception is reality. The concept of beyond a reasonable doubt exists ONLY in criminal court. A new three year contract I believe is what was mentioned (and supposedly is the basis of current negotiations and possible future litigation) Very little media failed to mention Foleys involvement in the tazer episode (nor his statement that his job was to protect the image of the university when these episodes occur)

But then you really don't want an answer to any of this do you. Somehow seem to hope that everybody will wake up having all of this was a big mistake and that anyone having a less than perfect impression of the U of M and its football team will see the error of their ways and line up with the fanboys to make sure JOD and Pflu are reurned to their former positions and everyone will hold hands and sing kumbyah.

Its not gonna happen. After labor day few people will care, (even fewer do now) by Christmas there won't be a whole lot that even will remember why they are gone. In two years there won't even be many who remember who they were.

You need to learn how to write better. Your writing is almost incomprehensible. Your writing is a bad as the person who submitted the federal harassment complaint. You are obviously way past your prime, if you ever had a prime. You may want to ask the UM fundraisers if everyone has forgotten the firings.

I did not have time to read every post, but I do want to offer my thoughts before heading home. It is a great question and one I am probably answering different with hindsight than I would have before the storm. #1 I do feel there was too little information coming out of the AD. They may have been handling everything perfectly, but just not letting people know. Maybe keeping it quiet fell in line with protecting the athlete's privacy, but obviously did not work with an agenda crazy reporter that would do ANYTHING to get her name in lights. So in hindsight, I would have been more forthcoming on information. #2) I feel Phlu's comments upon JJs return could have been more sensitive to the public's perception of what was happening. This could have been the one thing that put the puppet master (Pat Williams) over the top and thus puppet boy was put in a position of having to fire people to keep his job. So basically: Better Communication.

I don't really have an argument about the how and whatever that Robin Pflugrad disciplined his players. Jim O'Day I saw as a scapegoat since he hired Pflugrad, evidently. Pflugrad's comments about the stellar demeanor of one JJohnson was beyond what was necessary; totally uncalled for and lacking insight.

What is peculiar is how and what the University of Montana Administration did and didn't do with a perceived trouble maker in one Saudi foreign national that walked all over everyone and got away with it all. With a Law School nearby that was completely ignored by the UofM Administration, plus the State Department ignored as well when it comes to dealing with any type of criminal behavior by foreign nationals it surprises me that the UofM Administration doesn't just walk away from it all in total exasperation over their own inepitude. And these are supposed to be highly paid professionals?

PlayerRep said:
grizatwork said:
What exactly is the point of this? Keep beating that dead horse if it makes you sleep better at night. There was a perception of apathy in the university about the bad publicity. Pflugrad's statement regarding JJ. Straw meet camel's back. The firings were as much about public perception than anything else. Doesn't make it right or wrong in my book. People get fired all the time for the perception of things, especially people in a position of leadership. Please...............................................let it go. Move on.

It's a message board. It's the internet. We get to discuss what we want. Don't read it or respond, if you don't like it. Everytime I see a post like this from you, I'm going to increase the number of my responses.

Stupid is as stupid does...... and it certainly applies to you, dude!

Clem_Griz said:

yeah, but then nobody would want to score a touchdown.

Man, Play-A-RAPE really gets carte blanc on this site.

He starts a thread to stroke his small member then attacks every poster that responds. Then he threatens a poster and goes to his "Im a lawyer, you are worthless" signature move.

Runs To Sniff Jocks is such a fu*king tool

Tru was with his lawyer last week in Msla at a mexican restaurant on Reserve..............I know what they were talking about..................you dont.

:coffee:

PlayerRep said:

Player Rape are you an actual lawyer? That was my question number 5 last week and you never answered, so I'm still waiting. If you are an actual lawyer, why don't you stamp your real name on your posts so your possible future clients can see what a dumbass their lawyer is, if they in fact due choose your services. I mean you couldn't even get the scum of the earth to call upon your services with some of the ridiculous, desperate shit you spew on here. Your such a complete out of touch ass, you can't even take the things you say seriously can you? Do yourself a favor, JUMP!!!

wbtfg said:
PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:

Yippee, some specifics. Middleton missed the Tennessee game. Am I missing something on this, or is there another incident? So Kemp suspended a game for exactly what? Again, please be specific. Got it on Kemp/Tru for full game suspension for what turned out to be a disorderly conduct plea.

So did you just post this topic so you could argue or were you actually hoping for an adult conversation?

Looks like the former. Too bad.

Back