• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

WE'RE IN FOR A LONG SEASON WITH A PATHETIC COACH

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opion this is not the end of the Grizzlies "Golden ERA" but a huge bump in the road. The only way this would be the end is if us fans let it happen. If we don't contiune to support the team in every possible way then the program will falter and will not be able to maintain a level of exellence that it should. See the only thing that is constant in the equation of having a great program is the fans. The players graduate, the coaches move on or get fired, as does the AD, heck even the mascot leaves at some point and all these elements are replaceable. The one thing that has to be a constant is the fans. We have to support the program even if this set of coaches and players is not our favorite. Because, if we don't we won't get quality replacements and the team will continue in this pattern for years to come. If you don't belive me just look at NDSU they were 2-8 last year but there fans have toughed it out and they defineatly seem to be back at the top were they belong. There are two ways this thing can go either we say "the hell with the team" and the program falls off into oblvion or we put up with it and continue to support them and in a year or two we could be buying tickests to Chatanooga again. Personally, I think the Griz will bounce back from this lose. They have to have some pride and if this didn't hurt their pride and piss them off for the rest for the season then nothing ever will.

What a difference a day makes!

There has been negative criticism which is understandable. I can accept frustration from fans who point out that the team played with less enthusiasm in the second half. I can accept that the O and D lines didn't accept the challenge. I can accept the fact that the coaches may have made exercised poor judgement.

I can't accept hypocrisy.

Many so called fans who spent the last several months piling on the band wagon are bailing out after the first bump in the road. At least the team waited until the second half to quit. These people didn't even give the Griz a quarter of the season. We have talent. Yesterday we had confidence. As fans we can only offer support. To bailout now could only erode the remaining confidence.

The fans need to suck it up--take the good with the bad and keep supporting the team. The players are 18-22 year old kids. How easily was your confidence shaken at that age. A good teammate picks up his fellow player and encourages him. If we are to make up the 12th man it is our obligation to accept the same challenges we expect the players to accept.

We don't have to block, pass, receive or tackle.

Don't Quit. It is hard to accept loss but we can't allow ourselves to become losers.

Maybe i missed something, but despite all the complainging(justly deserved) i didn't see anyone saying they're quitting being Griz fans.

This is a message board and people typically vent their frustration and move on.

BTW Hauck knew what he was getting into.

He won't be nor should he be fired.

GrizMania said:
Maybe i missed something, but despite all the complainging(justly deserved) i didn't see anyone saying they're quitting being Griz fans.

This is a message board and people typically vent their frustration and move on.

BTW Hauck knew what he was getting into.

He won't be nor should he be fired.

I'll second that!

I don't believe that Greenacres was saying that 5 yards would make a difference in the field goal but with 40 seconds left, get the first down which would stop the clock and take a shot at the end zone. YOU NEVER LEAVE A FOOTBALL GAME UP TO A SOCCER PLAYER!! :roll:

Isn't it amazing how you can never be wrong with hindsight? Does anyone recall back in 1995 when the National Championship was left up to a soccer player? How did that turn out again?

If you go for the late first down you maybe get the extra shot for the endzone, but the game might be over right there. Hauck made the right call that time. Too many possible negatives with going for it. The kick was not out of Snyder's range.

He made that same kick in the first half. Remember, the NDSU Kicker, Cory Vartanian, had to make a 37 ydr but a penalty pushed it back to a 42 ydr which he also made. The FG at games end was the right call. You could have faked it like the BISON did?

you guys are the biggest bunch of fair-weather fains that i have ever seen. Look at the CATS- we lost to a good Central Washington team last year and still won the BSC. you guys have a good team with new coaches and a shitty attitude in the stands. thank you very much though, you all are making it that much easier to beat you senseless this year. CATS ARE BACK!

I agreed with everything you said except for the last part. We'll be ready alot sooner than the Griz/Cat game. Hopefully our fair-weather fans will catch on by then.

If you think you're gonna go 15-0 every year you are smoking crack. Upsets and losses happen. That is what is so great about the playoff system.

People do tend to over react and 2nd guess the coach after a loss. That's just frustration. I know I was very frustrated after GSU started off 1-2 last season. It turned out pretty good as we won the conference and made it to the semi finals.

This is the best time of year to lose. If you lose, lose early in the season and creap back up the polls as other teams get upset.

Like I said JIMUS. I don't give a rip if the field goal was the right thing to do at the end of a game that we should have won by 25. It's irrelevant. Our team has the depth and size to control both lines and they are not doing it...WHY? You tell me...you seem to know it all.

Fairweather my eye. I sat through loosing seasons when we played in the old parkinglot stadium in the rain. Well deserved criticism has nothing to do with being "fairweather". I gave optimistic predictions based on what this team SHOULD be doing. And I stand behind "lucky to reach 500" if they keep playing with NO HEART! You tout yourself as a realist when talking about the GRIZ not being able to hang with schools like Illinois but but after this nightmare of a game you predict what...big wins? A National Title? This may be the worst loss in school history...by far. It is like a 1-AA school beating Miami on their own friggin field! We were ranked #2 or 3 in the country! This was complete joke of a loss and we deserve all the SMACK we get. This team better grow a heart or we will go about 500. Mark my words.

If the Griz continue to play the way they did Saturday then .500 might be a very lofty goal indeed. I don't see how they can possibly beat anyone in the conference other than the very lowest team. I have my doubts that they will beat Sam Houston State and Idaho. If they play like they did in that second half I'm not sure they wouldn't get beat by some good high school team. It was just that pathetic. Personally, I think that this will serve as a major wake up call and the players will not allow themselves to be embrassed like that again. Maybe the coaches learned something but I have very little faith in them. I predict that the Griz will end up with about 6-5 or 7-4 record. This is because the players will have to win the games in spite of the coaching and the system. If they had different coaches this team would be a NC contender and would easly finish in the top 4 or 5 in the Nation but the coaching is just to big of an obsticle to make that possible right now.

I dont feel anyone here is being fairweahter, wait untill the Sam Houson State game and if there are only 19,000 people in the stands then you can say people are being faiweather. Actually what's happening on this board is there are a number of people who are seeing something in this years griz team that really is making them worry. People are frustrated with our sputtering offense when we know we have the talent to explode. We watched our highly touted defense become pourus. Whats going on, whats to blame, is it the new syetem? Trying to learn it or does it just flat not work. If Bobby is a good coach he'll turn this around. Glen was about to be linched after the Hofstra game. He recognized his problem with the offensive coordinator, and fixed it. But glen HAD prior head coaching experience, and Bobby doesn't. Thats what worries me.

I agree whole heartedly with the last three posts. I posted "Still Mad" thread and thought that I would be linched by the masses who seem to have begun writing this off as a small loss, no big deal. This loss was huge. This conference is TOUGH this year and we will be FORTUNATE to make it through with less than two losses. A DII loss puts us on the sidelines if we are on any sort of bubble. That being said, the game is over so how do we adust. Therein lies my concern. It appears to me, and it is only my opinion, that Bobby may be in a little over his head. One more game will prove me wrong or reinforce my belief. In both games, it took trick plays to keep drives alive. We have no running game to count on and a passing game that is generally three yards short. And what is with the no huddle offense. All that has accomplished is tireing out our defense. It looks like the coaching staff are a bunch of kids with a shiny new sports car that will do anything, but they haven't taken driver's ed yet. I really hope I am wrong and the game was an anomoly. We'll see how they respond next week. Earn respect or hang on because it is not going to get any easier.

After we beat Sam Houston by thirty points in a dominating performance, I can't wait to hear some of you respond. They lost ONE game, what a bunch of meatheads. This type of crap is why Griz fans get a bad rap. Unbelievable. I would like to know how many people disprespecting the coaching staff have actually coached football? Watching football does not make anybody an expert. There are actually people on this board saying that the Program is falling apart!! At halftime Saturday, those same people were loving Disney's 15-21 effort. Dumbshits.

First of, those of you thowing around "fair weather fans" comments need to look up the definition...Fair weather fans aren't fans who critisize or make comments, they are fans who quit watching and following a team that doesn't win.
For you loyal. I'm as loyal of a Griz fan as you'll find. But to quote a friend of mine who knows the Griz better than I do "you can poor syrup on isht and call it pancakes". We have the talent on Offense to get the job done, althought I havent' seen this talent shine thru. Our O line needs to really step it up a notch and allow Disney some time.
Our D is in serious trouble this year, and anyone who doesn't see it needs some glasses. We have DBs and LBs who just don't have what it takes to allow for a great Griz squad. Now, I don't really fault the DB's and LB's, because we are playing the best we have, it seems. 3 years of terrible recruiting is showing thru.
There are too many reason to list why we lost. But I will tell you why we are in deep trouble in the Big Sky this year, DB's/LB's. We are going to be picked apart by some of our foes. And unless our Offence and Special teams provide the support the D used to give the O then we are looking at tops 4th in the Big Sky.
And no, I'm not a fair weather fan. Yes I love the Griz. Yes I support the Griz and won't miss a game. No, I won't lie to myself or anyone else by saying we are going to be a great team this year.

Let's see.... Billy Cockhill... schooled by the Don Read era folks... a winner for sure

Let's see.... our current Offensive Coordinator.... from WY me thinks.. and what have they done in the last couple of years on a I-A level... hmmmmmm suppose we have an Offensive Coordinator that needs to go back to the High School level and get a clue?

It's the coaches that have to take the blame from kickoff to the end.... The coaches are taking a National Power and turning it into a wanna be... I remember those years.

This weekend.... Sam Houston State will tell all.... Win and play a good game and we have a small chance for a good season. Lose and the season is over. You can bet your house that The Cats, Bengals, Eagles, Lumberjacks will have Griz for lunch.

We need some Coaches to coach our Coaches.... :bad-words:

You mean the same LB's we had last year. They are learning a new system, it will take time. We will see, I think by mid season you will find them a finely tuned machine. But maybe that's just me, someone who puts faith in the coaches and doesn't question anytime something goes wrong. If we go three or four games ina row like the second half of NDSU, then you would have a concern. For now, one half doesn't do it for me. And after seeing Maine's score last weekend, maybe we played better than we thought, but just did not know how good they were? Is that possible?

Actually Edward, Wyoming was one of the premier passing teams in their conference. It is their defense that was pathetic. As for Cockhill, people couldn't wait to get him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back