• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"Wentzing" (Otherwise known as deer in the Headlights )

Hurts looking more than serviceable up 24-14 in the 4th. I have full confidence that the Eagles will blow it somehow because I want them to win, but we have to be pleased to have a chance v. the 10-2 Saints.

PlayerRep said:
Eagles win. One of the best programs in the NFL.

Really good win. It was nice to see all of the allegedly inept offensive players magically and suddenly improve with the QB change.

CDAGRIZ said:
PlayerRep said:
Eagles win. One of the best programs in the NFL.

Really good win. It was nice to see all of the allegedly inept offensive players magically and suddenly improve with the QB change.

Wonder if Wentz could afford to retire? :lol:

Dillon said:
CDAGRIZ said:

And forgo that guaranteed money? I don't think so.

Dillon said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Don’t know or care. Just want him off the books somehow.

Here's an article discussing how hard it will be to get him off the books. Seems like a very good article.

"Carson Wentz was once a promising franchise QB. He’s now NFL’s top trade storyline.
Jalen Hurts looks like the Eagles' quarterback of 2021 and beyond, and Philly needs another team to get Wentz off its roster sooner rather than later."

"Even with the mediocrity, mistakes and reported confidence problems of the franchise’s once-presumed cornerstone player — plus Jalen Hurts showcasing that he is now the better option — the Eagles and Wentz need to grind out one more win together.

Not on the field, mind you, but in the mind of at least one other NFL team. At some point between now and any Wentz departure, Philadelphia and its fast-depreciating quarterback need to engineer one more victory in a vital contest."

Read in Yahoo Sports: https://apple.news/A3aGj2byHSZqEOgByLTMQfQ

Raider said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Don’t know or care. Just want him off the books somehow.

Don’t care? Yeah, apparently. :lol:

Getting kind of sad my man....

You appear to care a great deal about what I say I care about. Getting really creepy, my man...

Nothing personal, so don’t flatter yourself.

I just occasionally pop on e-griz and like to poke fun a certain folks who appear to have nothing else to do but post on
e-griz......on the same subjects, over and over again. Kind of sad for an adult, but hey man, whatever floats your boat.

Raider said:
Nothing personal, so don’t flatter yourself.

I just occasionally pop on e-griz and like to poke fun a certain folks who appear to have nothing else to do but post on
e-griz......on the same subjects, over and over again. Kind of sad for an adult, but hey man, whatever floats your boat.

Seems like a fun hobby for you. It’s OK, bud, but let’s see if you can’t go ahead and focus the obsession on something else. Maybe make a bunch of shitposts about the weather, or something. That’s always entertaining.

PlayerRep said:
Here's an article discussing how hard it will be to get him off the books. Seems like a very good article.
https://apple.news/A3aGj2byHSZqEOgByLTMQfQ

That's the most clear and best article I've read on the situation facing the Eagles front office. The author takes a few (I believe) unnecessary digs at the kid, but lays out the financials very well. He also agrees with all the 2011 Bizon graduates that Indy might be the best trade partner. After reading that, I can understand why they tried to make it work for so long.

Thx for posting this. I just hope you cleared it with The Gatekeeper before posting about the biggest storyline in professional football.

CDAGRIZ said:
PlayerRep said:
https://apple.news/A3aGj2byHSZqEOgByLTMQfQ

That's the most clear and best article I've read on the situation facing the Eagles front office. The author takes a few (I believe) unnecessary digs at the kid, but lays out the financials very well. He also agrees with all the 2011 Bizon graduates that Indy might be the best trade partner. After reading that, I can understand why they tried to make it work for so long.

Thx for posting this. I just hope you cleared it with The Gatekeeper before posting about the biggest storyline in professional football.

Being a Vikings fan & playing college ball at NDSU I am shocked that his has not popped up at going to Vikes even as a backup!

https://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/30780/how-should-the-eagles-approach-carson-wentz-think-brett-favre

Dillon said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Being a Vikings fan & playing college ball at NDSU I am shocked that his has not popped up at going to Vikes even as a backup!

Vikings have a similar cap situation with Cousins. Sixty mill or so guaranteed the next couple years, with a monster cap hit if they cut him. As a Vikings fan since their first year the fan base does like locals (see Thielen, Joe) so at some point it's not unreasonable to speculate on the subject. Just not the next couple years given the contracts.

blob:null/7c3f614e-46e9-4c3b-84f1-6c198b7004c9

Wentz willing to restructure contract to facilitate trade.

PlayerRep said:
blob:null/7c3f614e-46e9-4c3b-84f1-6c198b7004c9

Wentz willing to restructure contract to facilitate trade.

At the risk of making this thread more about me, I think this is a very smart move by Wentz. Helps all parties involved, and shows that he just wants to play football somewhere. Great for the Eags and Wentz. Again, sorry to make this so much about me.

Back