• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Week 1: Montana vs Valpo Game Thread

Who wins this game?

• Montana (0-0)

Votes: 47 79.7%
  • Valparaiso (0-0)

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Bobcats Suck

Votes: 46 78.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
jodcon said:
That punt was impressive
Besides a QB, looks like we've also found a punter. Isn't that the second one he's dropped in deep? A long of 58 and an average of over 50 (that from ESPN stat -- amazing if accurate). Luckily the Valpo punter ain't so hot.

Getting our asses kicked aside, I'm eager to see if Reese will be able to connect on some passes next week against a tough defense. He seems fearless.

Was waiting for a happy moment to deliver some news: Northern Colorado has found an opponent they can beat up on: they lead 38-7 over ... wait for it ... College of Idaho. Hell, I didn't even know they a had a football team at C of I (well, maybe they don't :lol: ). Despite the name, C of I is a private school, in Caldwell, with an enrollment of about 1,100. Damn good school academically, but they're NAIA for athletics.

BTW: TTU is now leading EWU, 35-10, midway thru the 3rd Q.

I believe that is Northern Colorado that is playing C of I. ID ST beat Wedtern Oregon Thurs night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigsky33 said:
I believe that is Northern Colorado that is playing C of I. ID ST beat Wedtern Oregon Thurs night
Yep, you're absolutely right. My bad. :oops:

I guess they're just kinda interchangeable in my mind. :lol:

Reese was very impressive. He was the highlight for the Grizzlies in this game. Made good decisions and has an accurate arm.

Glad to see things settled down a bunch. Big plays against our D remain a HUGE problem. Semore's D seems to attract them like flies to shit.

The QB situation, on the other hand... awesome! Glad we got a gamer there!

Was it them settling down or Valpo just running out of gas in the last qtr? I saw it as the latter.

One great thing for Valpo is that they have two QBs who can both start and come into games as needed. I think they will do pretty well this year relative to expectations.

Also (never thought I'd be saying this...) the gogriz feed was top notch! HD all the way! Looks like they fixed whatever needed to be fixed

Back