• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Weber melt down again?

PlayerRep said:
Copper Griz said:
PlayerRep said:
Copper Griz said:
Choate has been at the helm for three years. Three - and he does not have a QB who can throw the ball. Not one apparently and Murray couldn't throw it either. Bad recruiting, which ultimately means bad coaching.

But Murray was a good and improving qb. He certainly took it to the Griz 2 years, especially in 1 of them. QB is more than throwing.

Murray could run and so can TA. No question and I won't argue that QB is more than throwing, but it is one half of the equation. Was he improving? Maybe, but that is conjecture since we did not see him this year. Don't forget they were a two headed monster with Anderson in the backfield and they still were not that good of a team. Top programs are not one dimensional. Don't get me wrong. I hope MSU keeps Choate around for a long time. If he did not beat the Griz last year I am not sure if his job would be secure. Beating the Griz the last two years is not a major accomplishment unfortunately. They were not a top tier program. Look at Hauck's teams when he was previously at Montana. They were balanced. NDSU - balanced. MSU is a middle of the pack BSC team. Maybe their fans are happy with that? I wouldn't be. I think the head coach is ultimately the one responsible for the W's and the L's. Stitt sure was and justifiably so. I find it odd that Choate was at Boise and Washington, yet he did not have the contacts or recruiting prowess to pull in a drop down QB or top recruit at QB. Now they are offered Jensen. (Good call IMO. I just don't see why he would take the offer). I made my points and I respect your opinion. The best move Choate made was hiring TG and finding a damn good kicker. I will give him that. I am just not impressed overall with his progress. Does not really matter. I care about the Griz. Off week and I am bored.

Murray is much faster and more dynamic than Anderson, and more of a threat than Anderson at QB, in my view. If you have a 2-year starter at QB, I'm not sure getting a good QB ready to play in the stater's 3d year is as much of a priority than it would be if your QB was going to graduate or become ineligible. The Cats got caught on this one. It's significantly affecting their season.

Agreed about Murray at QB > Anderson. For the record I take no pleasure in Murray's situation. Very unfortunate and he is a great athlete. They better figure it out quick because I don't see light at the end of that tunnel unless Murray comes back and he has improved throwing the ball next year. I would like to see Anderson get a shot playing playing on D full time as well. He is something else.

Copper Griz said:
PlayerRep said:
Copper Griz said:
PlayerRep said:
But Murray was a good and improving qb. He certainly took it to the Griz 2 years, especially in 1 of them. QB is more than throwing.

Murray could run and so can TA. No question and I won't argue that QB is more than throwing, but it is one half of the equation. Was he improving? Maybe, but that is conjecture since we did not see him this year. Don't forget they were a two headed monster with Anderson in the backfield and they still were not that good of a team. Top programs are not one dimensional. Don't get me wrong. I hope MSU keeps Choate around for a long time. If he did not beat the Griz last year I am not sure if his job would be secure. Beating the Griz the last two years is not a major accomplishment unfortunately. They were not a top tier program. Look at Hauck's teams when he was previously at Montana. They were balanced. NDSU - balanced. MSU is a middle of the pack BSC team. Maybe their fans are happy with that? I wouldn't be. I think the head coach is ultimately the one responsible for the W's and the L's. Stitt sure was and justifiably so. I find it odd that Choate was at Boise and Washington, yet he did not have the contacts or recruiting prowess to pull in a drop down QB or top recruit at QB. Now they are offered Jensen. (Good call IMO. I just don't see why he would take the offer). I made my points and I respect your opinion. The best move Choate made was hiring TG and finding a damn good kicker. I will give him that. I am just not impressed overall with his progress. Does not really matter. I care about the Griz. Off week and I am bored.

Murray is much faster and more dynamic than Anderson, and more of a threat than Anderson at QB, in my view. If you have a 2-year starter at QB, I'm not sure getting a good QB ready to play in the stater's 3d year is as much of a priority than it would be if your QB was going to graduate or become ineligible. The Cats got caught on this one. It's significantly affecting their season.

Agreed about Murray at QB > Anderson. For the record I take no pleasure in Murray's situation. Very unfortunate and he is a great athlete. They better figure it out quick because I don't see light at the end of that tunnel unless Murray comes back and he has improved throwing the ball next year. I would like to see Anderson get a shot playing playing on D full time as well. He is something else.

Yup, Anderson at qb is a double loss for Cats. Not a great qb. Not able to show his nice talents at other positions. It doesn't look like Cats have immediate qb help on the roster. Nevertheless, I like their fight and their winning or being in most games.

PlayerRep said:
Copper Griz said:
PlayerRep said:
Copper Griz said:
Choate has been at the helm for three years. Three - and he does not have a QB who can throw the ball. Not one apparently and Murray couldn't throw it either. Bad recruiting, which ultimately means bad coaching.

Is it "affecting" or "effecting"? According to google, "impacting" is a better choice. Less vague. On a serious note, the fact that we didn't have a better option than TA is all on Choate. Or is it then? Regardless. Or Irregardless, which is now accepted as acceptable, which is stupid.

Plainsman said:
Know from personal knowledge.

Not doubting you and would never make light of any injury.

I just wanted to chime in that, I too...know things from knowledge! :geek:

bobcatOninetails said:
PlayerRep said:
Copper Griz said:
PlayerRep said:

Is it "affecting" or "effecting"? According to google, "impacting" is a better choice. Less vague. On a serious note, the fact that we didn't have a better option than TA is all on Choate. Or is it then? Regardless. Or Irregardless, which is now accepted as acceptable, which is stupid.

It's "affecting".

Copper Griz said:
PlayerRep said:
Copper Griz said:
PlayerRep said:

Anderson is a NFL linebacker playing QB. I am glad though he is playing QB because it would make their D even better.

What I don’t get about Andersen is that he truly is an NFL prospect. Why his coaches aren’t developing him at a position where he could go on to great professional success is beyond me. Isn’t that what college is designed to do?

I wonder if there has ever been a situation like TA in the history of modern football outside of high school, where I guy starts as lb/rb as true freshman then only starts taking reps at qb in fall camp and is now 4th in the bsc in rushing after missing about a full game because of a broken hand? Hes only 150 yds behind conference leader Prothroe, but TA only has 99 carries compared to Prothroes 200 plus carries. They played Weber tough could very easily have won that thing even with their one deminsional offense. I believe now that they would have won if TA had been playing rb and lb and Jonsen at qb. I’m kinda worried how much TA is gonna be jacked up for the brawl though no matter where he plays.........

mtgriz said:
What I don’t get about Andersen is that he truly is an NFL prospect. Why his coaches aren’t developing him at a position where he could go on to great professional success is beyond me. Isn’t that what college is designed to do?
Despite appearances, D-I college football is not a development league for the NFL. Or if it is ... it does a piss-poor job of it, considering the tiny percentage of college players who even get a sniff at pro ball.

mtgriz said:

Idealistically, yes. But a lot of coaches know their job security depends mostly on wins.

Back