• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Weber 2.0

GrizBall said:
fanofzoo said:
But when Steadman gets the ball down there look at the other players, they don't move 6 inches.
How many times has he passed out.

I would make a counter-argument that when a skilled 6’10 big man gets the ball in the paint why not let him go to work 1-on-1? Does it not make sense for the others to stay on the perimeter and keep the paint clear for him?

In theory Steadman should be at an advantage over just about everyone in the BSC. Why cut to the basket or do any other movement drawing additional defenders in the paint? Get him the ball down low and stay out of the way. If they choose to double, then it seems like a kick-out to the perimeter or a cutter would be the next move. But I am not sure I see that many teams doubling him down low.

Hes not a "skilled 6'10" big man". How did our coaches not see that?

Mousegriz said:
GrizBall said:
I would make a counter-argument that when a skilled 6’10 big man gets the ball in the paint why not let him go to work 1-on-1? Does it not make sense for the others to stay on the perimeter and keep the paint clear for him?

In theory Steadman should be at an advantage over just about everyone in the BSC. Why cut to the basket or do any other movement drawing additional defenders in the paint? Get him the ball down low and stay out of the way. If they choose to double, then it seems like a kick-out to the perimeter or a cutter would be the next move. But I am not sure I see that many teams doubling him down low.

Hes not a "skilled 6'10" big man". How did our coaches not see that?

55% shooting. 9.9 points and 5.4 rebounds per game.

GrizBall said:
PlayerRep said:
55% shooting. 9.9 points and 5.4 rebounds per game.

Per 40 minutes he was the team’s leading scorer.

Stats are for preseason conference mvps. It's obvious when you watch the game the guy is far from the big man Griz need. He's got more travels trying post moves than assists on the season. He gets backed down and embarrassed on defense a lot. Stats don't tell the story on this guy. And his body language is among worst I've seen on a Griz player in my 45 years of watching.

Mousegriz said:
GrizBall said:
Per 40 minutes he was the team’s leading scorer.

Stats are for preseason conference mvps. It's obvious when you watch the game the guy is far from the big man Griz need. He's got more travels trying post moves than assists on the season. He gets backed down and embarrassed on defense a lot. Stats don't tell the story on this guy. And his body language is among worst I've seen on a Griz player in my 45 years of watching.

If you could take DH's attitude and put it in Steadman we would be leading the league

On a different note Bannan has the sweetest form for a shooter, reminds me of Manual. When he gets dialed in......

Latest posts

Back