• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Weber 2.0

Overall I thought that was a good first half by 2 good basketball teams. The fouls are concerning but besides that I thought that was a very good 1st half of basketball by both teams.

Griz til I die said:
Overall I thought that was a good first half by 2 good basketball teams. The fouls are concerning but besides that I thought that was a very good 1st half of basketball by both teams.

More concerning than the foul numbers, are WHAT they’re calling fouls. That wasn’t a foul by Beasley there at the end, it wasn’t a foul (let alone flagrant) on Steadman earlier, Mac’s fouls are ALWAYS cheap and questionable....at least we start from scratch at halftime as far as bonus goes....when they got into the bonus with almost 10 minutes to go, that did NOT bode well....

Sorry, but a couple of crappy technicals don’t make up for a shitload of crappy foul calls...

UM needs a run here. I get the sense that all the ticky-tack fouls are starting to make the Griz a bit tentative on D.

That was a very poorly officiated game. They called a foul on us every time down the floor under the hoop and because of that we started playing looser on the block to avoid getting called. To Weber’s credit I will say they exposed when we did that, but that was a poor game by the officials.

Griz til I die said:
That was a very poorly officiated game. They called a foul on us every time down the floor under the hoop and because of that we started playing looser on the block to avoid getting called. To Weber’s credit I will say they exposed when we did that, but that was a poor game by the officials.

Most inconsistently reffed game in some time, for sure.

Refs made sure Weber had every opportunity to win today. Give them credit however, they made a lot of big shots at the end of the shot clock the last 4 minutes of the game.

AZGrizFan said:
Griz til I die said:
Most inconsistently reffed game in some time, for sure.
Just looked at the stats posted on ESPN. The refs called 26 fouls on the Griz, just 16 on the Weebs. The Griz were phenomenal from the line ... 21 of 22 (95.5%). WSU was not bad either ... 30 of 38 (78.9%). Not so fun fact: The difference at the foul line, 9 points, was exactly the same as the difference in the game. :(

Latest posts

Back