• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Weather

:thumb:
Buttegrizzle said:
super_eagle13 said:
Nobody cares about your gay weather. Teams will simulate your din with their PA but they don't even bother with ice fans. its not about that.
:thumb:
Weather should be ok from where you are watching Super Eagle. If it’s cold in the basement have mom turn up the thermostat.

super_eagle13 said:
Nobody cares about your gay weather. Teams will simulate your din with their PA but they don't even bother with ice fans. its not about that.

So anyways, who do the eags got next week?

Everyone is freaked out because of Coastal Carolina. Of course weather is a factor. Look at the history. Look at Buffalo and Green Bay. Look at the Griz going to Texas in September. It’s a factor if you are not used to dealing with it, either very hot or very cold. Even a moderate 30 degrees is colder than most of those SELA kids have ever played in. They won’t just roll over, but you might see a few drops, a fumble or a bad pass because of it. Could make difference.

Buttegrizzle said:
Everyone is freaked out because of Coastal Carolina. Of course weather is a factor. Look at the history. Look at Buffalo and Green Bay. Look at the Griz going to Texas in September. It’s a factor if you are not used to dealing with it, either very hot or very cold. Even a moderate 30 degrees is colder than most of those SELA kids have ever played in. They won’t just roll over, but you might see a few drops, a fumble or a bad pass because of it. Could make difference.

On both sides of the ball

clawman said:
Buttegrizzle said:

True

I just hope Scelfo holds his team back until Montana is announced and then lets them run out to 20,000 cheering fans....because that worked so well for North Alabama.

signedbewildered said:
I just hope Scelfo holds his team back until Montana is announced and then lets them run out to 20,000 cheering fans....because that worked so well for North Alabama.

Seems like a liberal attendance estimate. I’m going to say closer to 15k, but 20 would be awesome. Folks used to plan on post season games in Missoula. The last few years might have upset that culture a bit. Might take a couple consecutive playoff appearances to begin to build it back, which I believe will happen.

BozAngelesGriz said:
signedbewildered said:

Seems like a liberal attendance estimate. I’m going to say closer to 15k, but 20 would be awesome. Folks used to plan on post season games in Missoula. The last few years might have upset that culture a bit. Might take a couple consecutive playoff appearances to begin to build it back, which I believe will happen.

“$25,000 on the Over please, sir”.

EverettGriz said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
signedbewildered said:

“$25,000 on the Over please, sir”.

I sure hope so! The decline in regular-season attendance this season makes me think it won’t sell more tickets than the Weber game, though. Are student tickets still free?

BozAngelesGriz said:
signedbewildered said:

I'm hoping closer to 20 than 15.

uofmman1122 said:
After the Coastal debacle, I'm never going to hype the cold as an advantage again.

This is a great offense coming in, and our defense is going to have their hands full, cold or not.
Nah, Nova held them to 508 yards passing; maybe we can keep them under 500. Shootout brewing.

kemajic said:
uofmman1122 said:
After the Coastal debacle, I'm never going to hype the cold as an advantage again.

This is a great offense coming in, and our defense is going to have their hands full, cold or not.
Nah, Nova held them to 508 yards passing; maybe we can keep them under 500. Shootout brewing.

The lows in Hammond this coming week are going to be in 20's. With the humidity of the south that will be cold. It at least gives them an opportunity to practice in the temperature. Many of the Griz are from warm weather locations and have commented of having to learn to get use to the cold here.

Triwest said:
kemajic said:
uofmman1122 said:

The lows in Hammond this coming week are going to be in 20's. With the humidity of the south that will be cold. It at least gives them an opportunity to practice in the temperature. Many of the Griz are from warm weather locations and have commented of having to learn to get use to the cold here.

Weather Underground has them at the lowest of 31, highs upper 50's and 60's. Assuming the 31 is 4 AM, them boys aren't awake anyway.

F IT... I'm moving to Hammond, never drops below 50 during the day.

38 degrees isn't going to intimidate anyone. From watching both games today I'd say MSU got the easier draw in the first game. After that, not so much.

Really the biggest weather factor is cold/bad weather keeping fans from driving to Missoula.

Thankfully we’re looking at great conditions next week. So weather isn’t a factor. Case closed

srgrizizen said:
38 degrees isn't going to intimidate anyone. From watching both games today I'd say MSU got the easier draw in the first game. After that, not so much.

It's not about intimidation. It's about creature comforts. I don't hang out in 38 degrees unless I have to work on something. They don't either. They will be forced to be in 38 or so degrees for 3 hours, with their bodies only adapting when they are moving quickly. They aren't used to doing that in 38 degrees, while that's a heat wave for the Griz.

Cuervohola said:
srgrizizen said:

It's not about intimidation. It's about creature comforts. I don't hang out in 38 degrees unless I have to work on something. They don't either. They will be forced to be in 38 or so degrees for 3 hours, with their bodies only adapting when they are moving quickly. They aren't used to doing that in 38 degrees, while that's a heat wave for the Griz.
The visiting team bench is in the shade. That can matter.

Buttegrizzle said:
clawman said:
Buttegrizzle said:

True

The Griz are about 18-2 in home playoff games against southern/warmer weather teams. I'm good with that. Coastal was an anomaly.

Triwest said:
kemajic said:
uofmman1122 said:

Oh BS. The Hammond lows are not in the 20s this week. It was 84 today. Mid 50s to high 60s for highs this week. No one practice at night anyway.

Back