• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Voice of the Cats Sexually Harassed Just, MSU Investigation Says

Status
Not open for further replies.
alabamagrizzly said:
The fact that PR is defending this guy w/out coming right out and saying it and to downplay Just the same way makes me lose a lot of respect for him. I’m waiting for Fats to take his side on this because I’m sure he’s the only other person on this board that wouldn’t see that Sanderson is a predator and Amy was his victim.

I am not defending this guy. I have said from the get-go that what he did was inappropriate and that I was fine with him being moved on or fired. In fact, I said MSU, upon learning of the situation, should have talked to his radio employer immediately and told them to get rid of him. It is curious that MSU instead started a Title IX proceeding, which lasted many months. Was MSU not sure what had actually occurred? Was MSU looking for cover. Just seems odd.

If you can't read and understand what I have been consistently saying, then I guess I have "no respect" for you. Jeez, at least read what I write, if you are going to complain.

Given Fats' apparent recent time-out from egriz (what I was told), I assume he's going to be a lot more careful in how he posts in the future. But if Fats is your hero, go for it. I have "less respect" for you too. Ha.

PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:
All one has to do is read the texts that he sent directly to Just.....which are public and outlined in the articles....and you know 100% he is guilty. If you can’t see that I can’t help you.

Okay, show us the texts and explain what the circumstances were. You know they were pretty good friends, don't you?

Okay, a guy, who is a friend of a woman, is texting with the woman at a hotel. The man and woman are not in the same company, ie she doesn't work for him. She is responding. He texts her to come down to the bar and have a drink so he can see more of her. You think that is something horrible?

And then she doesn't complain about this. She waits multiple months, gets a new job out of state, and then makes a formal complaint about him in MT.

Let's see the texts. Let's have a discussion. Not saying what the guy did was right, or not stupid, or cool, but don't think what she did was cool either.

Like I said...if you can’t see the purpose and intent behind these, I can’t help you. I know you’re a lawyer and just like to argue sometimes for the sake of an argument, but you can’t be so blinded by “wanting an argument” that you can’t truly see this dude was a full on Creeper:

Sanderson texted:

“Come down here. We can get drunk and make bad decisions! Lol!!!”

“Looks like we have a love connection!!”

“Don’t fight it…”

Just responded to the last text with, “Considering I’m not interested…”

“Got someone else you’re interested in? Hmmmmmmmmmmm? I’m nosey!” Sanderson replied.

“I f--king hate you,” Just replied.

“No you don’t. You LOVE me… And you know it! Hahahaha It’s ok, I won’t tell!” Sanderson replied.

A couple hours later, at 3:19 a.m., Sanderson sent another text to Just.

“We have a shoot around at 9. If you wanna get together at like 10:30, I’d love to see more of you Lol…I’m trying SO hard not to say something inappropriately flirty. Haha. I don’t care really. Where would you want to go?”

Couple that with Just saying he grabbed her ass and reporting it to friends immediately after it happened, who said she was visibly shaken and it’s not hard to see this for what it is.

These texts happened over a several hour period one night on the road at a hotel [in Feb. 2018]. While I am fine with this guy being moved on what for things with the reporter, and I have consistently said that, I just don't see that what has been made public makes him a POS or creeper or whatever. He made some mistakes. He paid a price.

Butts get grabbed all the time. While someone in his situation should never have done that, and there is no excusing it in that situation, I generally don't see grabbing a butt as the crime of the century.

Some questions for you. Why did she continue to respond to him that night in Feb.? Why did she wait for multiple months to complain about him to MSU [she filed complaint in Sept.]? Why did she wait to file her complaint until she had another job and new she was moving out of state? Why didn't she complain earlier, if this guy was so horrible to her?

"...committed multiple acts of sexual misconduct and harassment” in February 2018 and again at the Big Sky Conference football meetings in July in Spokane, Washington."

There is so such thing as sexual harassment between two people outside of an employment, school, etc relationship, to my knowledge. It's a bit broader than that pure employment/school/etc. Outside of that, the behavior has to fall into a different category, like assault (minor assault). Grabbing a butt is minor assault.

MSU has said they don't have to furnish the records of the proceedings, because this guy was not in a position of trust under MT law. I continue to wonder (not doubt) what MSU's jurisdiction was for conducting a Title IX. While I am not a Title IX expert, this just doesn't seem like a Title IX situation. Neither party was employed by MSU, to my knowledge. This isn't a big deal; I'm just curious.

If the report comes out, I will read it. I would love to see the whole text exchange between the two that night.

Sexual harassment:

A definition.

From the EEOC website. Note the term "workplace".

"Federal Laws prohibit workplace discrimination and are enforced by EEOC."

"Sexual Harassment

It is unlawful to harass a person (an applicant or employee) because of that person’s sex. Harassment can include “sexual harassment” or unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature.

Harassment does not have to be of a sexual nature, however, and can include offensive remarks about a person’s sex. For example, it is illegal to harass a woman by making offensive comments about women in general.

Both victim and the harasser can be either a woman or a man, and the victim and harasser can be the same sex.

Although the law doesn’t prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not very serious, harassment is illegal when it is so frequent or severe that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it results in an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted).

The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or someone who is not an employee of the employer, such as a client or customer."

Unless yours is simply a game of Devil's advocate, help me understand how someone with extensive training and experience in this area, unless it was from just the perspective of the employer, could say what is highlighted above. I understand that a good share of married couples meet at work and that flirtation (which could be harassment if unwanted) regularly occurs, but this guy was married and doing this with an unmarried woman where each was required to work or interact with the other. On the issue of timing of the complaint, are you suggesting Amy was essentially playing along or hard to get and then only complained when circumstances changed (like she felt scorned?) The guy I worked with was married, only harassed (started with innuendo statements supposed to be jokes, and slowly moved on to rubbing shoulders and then back rubs) unmarried secretaries. They never complained to him or the business partners and he only stopped when I told him to knock it off or I would take it to the partners. Sure, its different now than the mid 80's (one of the partners told me it was expected back in the 60's and 70's the secretaries would sleep with the boss), but that doesn't mean harassment victims now are or have to be bolder in their responses to this kind of behavior to be believed. What am I missing here?

garizzalies said:
PlayerRep said:
Butts get grabbed all the time.

PlayerRep said:
I am not defending this guy.

Do you disagree with the first thing? Do you think butts don't get grabbed a lot, and have for years?

As for the second, I was the first, and have been the only, poster to say that MSU should have gone to the announcer's employee and told them to fire him, as soon as they learned of this situation. No Title IX proceeding that took at least 6 months. Is that your idea of "defending" the guy? I am the one who has taken the most extreme position against the guy, in terms of prompt firing.

horribilisfan8184 said:
PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Okay, show us the texts and explain what the circumstances were. You know they were pretty good friends, don't you?

Okay, a guy, who is a friend of a woman, is texting with the woman at a hotel. The man and woman are not in the same company, ie she doesn't work for him. She is responding. He texts her to come down to the bar and have a drink so he can see more of her. You think that is something horrible?

And then she doesn't complain about this. She waits multiple months, gets a new job out of state, and then makes a formal complaint about him in MT.

Let's see the texts. Let's have a discussion. Not saying what the guy did was right, or not stupid, or cool, but don't think what she did was cool either.

Like I said...if you can’t see the purpose and intent behind these, I can’t help you. I know you’re a lawyer and just like to argue sometimes for the sake of an argument, but you can’t be so blinded by “wanting an argument” that you can’t truly see this dude was a full on Creeper:

Sanderson texted:

“Don’t fight it…”

“Got someone else you’re interested in? Hmmmmmmmmmmm? I’m nosey!” Sanderson replied.

“No you don’t. You LOVE me… And you know it! Hahahaha It’s ok, I won’t tell!” Sanderson replied.

“We have a shoot around at 9. If you wanna get together at like 10:30, I’d love to see more of you Lol…I’m trying SO hard not to say something inappropriately flirty. Haha. I don’t care really. Where would you want to go?”

Couple that with Just saying he grabbed her ass and reporting it to friends immediately after it happened, who said she was visibly shaken and it’s not hard to see this for what it is.

These texts happened over a several hour period one night on the road at a hotel [in Feb. 2018]. While I am fine with this guy being moved on what for things with the reporter, and I have consistently said that, I just don't see that what has been made public makes him a POS or creeper or whatever. He made some mistakes. He paid a price.

Butts get grabbed all the time. While someone in his situation should never have done that, and there is no excusing it in that situation, I generally don't see grabbing a butt as the crime of the century.

Some questions for you. Why did she continue to respond to him that night in Feb.? Why did she wait for multiple months to complain about him to MSU [she filed complaint in Sept.]? Why did she wait to file her complaint until she had another job and new she was moving out of state? Why didn't she complain earlier, if this guy was so horrible to her?

"...committed multiple acts of sexual misconduct and harassment” in February 2018 and again at the Big Sky Conference football meetings in July in Spokane, Washington."

There is so such thing as sexual harassment between two people outside of an employment, school, etc relationship, to my knowledge. It's a bit broader than that pure employment/school/etc. Outside of that, the behavior has to fall into a different category, like assault (minor assault). Grabbing a butt is minor assault.

MSU has said they don't have to furnish the records of the proceedings, because this guy was not in a position of trust under MT law. I continue to wonder (not doubt) what MSU's jurisdiction was for conducting a Title IX. While I am not a Title IX expert, this just doesn't seem like a Title IX situation. Neither party was employed by MSU, to my knowledge. This isn't a big deal; I'm just curious.

If the report comes out, I will read it. I would love to see the whole text exchange between the two that night.

Sexual harassment:

A definition.

"Sexual Harassment

It is unlawful to harass a person (an applicant or employee) because of that person’s sex. Harassment can include “sexual harassment” or unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature.

Harassment does not have to be of a sexual nature, however, and can include offensive remarks about a person’s sex. For example, it is illegal to harass a woman by making offensive comments about women in general.

Both victim and the harasser can be either a woman or a man, and the victim and harasser can be the same sex.

Although the law doesn’t prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not very serious, harassment is illegal when it is so frequent or severe that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it results in an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted).

The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or someone who is not an employee of the employer, such as a client or customer."

Unless yours is simply a game of Devil's advocate, help me understand how someone with extensive training and experience in this area, unless it was from just the perspective of the employer, could say what is highlighted above. I understand that a good share of married couples meet at work and that flirtation (which could be harassment if unwanted) regularly occurs, but this guy was married and doing this with an unmarried woman where each was required to work or interact with the other. On the issue of timing of the complaint, are you suggesting Amy was essentially playing along or hard to get and then only complained when circumstances changed (like she felt scorned?) The guy I worked with was married, only harassed (started with innuendo statements supposed to be jokes, and slowly moved on to rubbing shoulders and then back rubs) unmarried secretaries. They never complained to him or the business partners and he only stopped when I told him to knock it off or I would take it to the partners. Sure, its different now than the mid 80's (one of the partners told me it was expected back in the 60's and 70's the secretaries would sleep with the boss), but that doesn't mean harassment victims now are or have to be bolder in their responses to this kind of behavior to be believed. What am I missing here?

I stand by what I said. That's what I think. I really don't understand what you are asking, as it is vague. I will ask you a question. How can you not understand what I am saying in plain English.

This wasn't a true work situation. She worked for the Missoulian. He worked for a third party broadcast company. Neither worked for MSU.

On timing of complaint, I am not suggesting anything. I am asking a question. You can either answer it or not answer it, but don't be suggesting that I am suggesting anything or taking a position or insinuating anything. Again, I asking a question. Why don't you either answer the question, or stop asking questions back at me?

What you are missing is what I have said all along. What he did was inappropriate in the situation. My view is that he deserved to be moved along promptly after MSU became of this situation. That's what you are missing. After clearly expressing that position, I am curious about some other things, and have been trying to have some side discussions. Why can't some of you read what I'm saying and understand it?

HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
All one has to do is read the texts that he sent directly to Just.....which are public and outlined in the articles....and you know 100% he is guilty. If you can’t see that I can’t help you.

I remember several years ago I was on a business trip, employee and customer conference. There was a reception dinner\drinks the first night and one of my co workers (female) told me about one of our customers that was hitting on her right off the bat. She told me a couple of the lines he used, one of them was something like, "I love that outfit, it would look great crumpled up on the floor of my room" or something similar. We laughed about it. Later that night her and I texted back and forth a couple times about meeting for breakfast to go over a presentation. I texted something like, "Make sure you're on time, I know it will take you some time to find your outfit that will obviously be crumpled up on somebody's floor." That text could have completely gotten me in deep shit, but in context that was not harassment on my part in any way shape or form.

You sir are the biggest f*** stain Bobcat apologist I’ve ever seen. Get the f*** out of here with that bullshit. Two completely different conversations and you’re comparing apples to oranges. If that’s what you took away from Samdersons texts then you areca bigger idiot than I thought, which is saying everything because I already think you’re the king of idiots.

Lighten up Francis. The only point of my post was to prove that things are not always as they seem. You have no idea what texts or discussions came before the txts that were made public. Maybe she flirted with him in the beginning and quickly realized he was a creep and she wasn't going there. Nobody on here knows. My personal opinion is that he's probably a creep, but these assertions from the txts that were made public prove that he's a monster that was "grooming" for something... I think that might be overblown. Yes it's possible, but no way to know from that exchange.

poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

I remember several years ago I was on a business trip, employee and customer conference. There was a reception dinner\drinks the first night and one of my co workers (female) told me about one of our customers that was hitting on her right off the bat. She told me a couple of the lines he used, one of them was something like, "I love that outfit, it would look great crumpled up on the floor of my room" or something similar. We laughed about it. Later that night her and I texted back and forth a couple times about meeting for breakfast to go over a presentation. I texted something like, "Make sure you're on time, I know it will take you some time to find your outfit that will obviously be crumpled up on somebody's floor." That text could have completely gotten me in deep shit, but in context that was not harassment on my part in any way shape or form.

You sir are the biggest f*** stain Bobcat apologist I’ve ever seen. Get the f*** out of here with that bullshit. Two completely different conversations and you’re comparing apples to oranges. If that’s what you took away from Samdersons texts then you areca bigger idiot than I thought, which is saying everything because I already think you’re the king of idiots.

Lighten up Francis. The only point of my post was to prove that things are not always as they seem. You have no idea what texts or discussions came before the txts that were made public. Maybe she flirted with him in the beginning and quickly realized he was a creep and she wasn't going there. Nobody on here knows. My personal opinion is that he's probably a creep, but these assertions from the txts that were made public prove that he's a monster that was "grooming" for something... I think that might be overblown. Yes it's possible, but no way to know from that exchange.

I made a point long ago, that when it comes to anything negative with the Bobcats, you are a huge apologist and spin master. The example I used was that you could literally catch Choate sleeping with your wife or boyfriend, at the same time, and you’d find an excuse for it. And then you’d be over here trying to convince all of us (who dislike the cats and their fans greatly) of that excuse. Do you see how ridiculous that is? I’m glad you are doing that exact same thing here with Sanderson. Let’s just cut to the chase, CatApologist, do you think Sanderson is guilty or not? Do you agree with the findings of your own university?

PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:
PlayerRep said:
Butts get grabbed all the time.

PlayerRep said:
I am not defending this guy.

Do you disagree with the first thing? Do you think butts don't get grabbed a lot, and have for years?

As for the second, I was the first, and have been the only, poster to say that MSU should have gone to the announcer's employee and told them to fire him, as soon as they learned of this situation. No Title IX proceeding that took at least 6 months. Is that your idea of "defending" the guy? I am the one who has taken the most extreme position against the guy, in terms of prompt firing.

I don't think PR is defending the guy - just observing and commenting from all angles. My opinion on the "butts get grabbed all the time" is that just because it does happen or did happen doesn't mean it should happen (at least in the circumstance of one of the parties being uncomfortable with it).

horribilisfan8184 said:
PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Sanderson texted:

“Don’t fight it…”

Sexual harassment:

A definition.

"Sexual Harassment

You are missing the times in the 60’s and 70’s when the secretaries were doing the harassment to get the boss to sleep with them.

Butts used to get grabbed all the time. Now guys who grab butts get shitcanned all the time. Unless they are...”above the law”

PlayerRep, you’ve stated a few times that Sanderson was not employed by MSU. I don’t know all the specifics but the most recent article appears to contradict that:

“Sanderson, who technically was employed by Learfield Sports Properties but also was employed part-time with MSU and considered “The Voice of the Bobcats,”

Not sure if it makes any difference. I think it’s plain as day that he sexually harassed her and he even knew he was doing so.

You know that you’re old when friends compliment you on your new alligator shoes when you’re barefoot.
At your age, the porn you bring home is “Debby Does Dialysis”.
“Getting a little action” means you don’t need to take any fiber today, and “Getting lucky” means you find your car at the grocery store; an “all-nighter” means not getting up to pee.

garizzalies said:
You know that you’re old when friends compliment you on your new alligator shoes when you’re barefoot.
At your age, the porn you bring home is “Debby Does Dialysis”.
“Getting a little action” means you don’t need to take any fiber today, and “Getting lucky” means you find your car at the grocery store; an “all-nighter” means not getting up to pee.

:clap:

Reading the creepy shitbag comments in this thread.

Giuliani-2-696x464.png

HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:

I made a point long ago, that when it comes to anything negative with the Bobcats, you are a huge apologist and spin master. The example I used was that you could literally catch Choate sleeping with your wife or boyfriend, at the same time, and you’d find an excuse for it. And then you’d be over here trying to convince all of us (who dislike the cats and their fans greatly) of that excuse. Do you see how ridiculous that is? I’m glad you are doing that exact same thing here with Sanderson. Let’s just cut to the chase, CatApologist, do you think Sanderson is guilty or not? Do you agree with the findings of your own university?

No, that's not me - you must have me confused with someone else. I rip on cat players, coaches, anyone in the program if they're doing stupid shit, just like I do when other programs get caught doing stupid shit. To answer your question, of course I think he's guilty of being a creep. I just don't agree that the texts we've all seen prove that he's a monster that was terrorizing her, grooming her, ruining her life, etc.

HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep, you’ve stated a few times that Sanderson was not employed by MSU. I don’t know all the specifics but the most recent article appears to contradict that:

“Sanderson, who technically was employed by Learfield Sports Properties but also was employed part-time with MSU and considered “The Voice of the Bobcats,”

Not sure if it makes any difference. I think it’s plain as day that he sexually harassed her and he even knew he was doing so.

This info on Sanderson was the same as before. It looked to me that he was employed by Learfield, not MSU, but at times he had also worked part-time for MSU. I assume MSU was just trying to find a "hook", so that they could make an argument that they had jurisdiction over him under Title IX. If he wasn't working part-time for UM at the time of the incidents/bad behavior, then I'm not sure that the part-time things does the trick. I would love to see MSU's analysis of why they had jurisdiction under Title IX. It looked to me that neither of the people were employed by MSU.

How would you like it if MSU or UM started a Title IX proceeding involving you because you tried to get a date with Missoulian reporter at the GSA tailgate? I know that situation isn't quite the same as the MSU situation.

I agree that what the announcer did harassed her. However, "sexual harassment" is not illegal and is not even prohibited, except in the employment situations and Title IX (i.e. school) situations. If you don't understand the point, let me know, and I will explain further. Similarly, discrimination on the basis of race is not illegal generally. Only in situations like interstate commerce, which is defined very broadly, and housing/school. As long as you don't assault your neighbor (and assault can be just verbal), you call calmly call your neighbor names, without it being illegal or prohibition. You can call me a prairie nigger, if I'm walking down the street, if we don't work together, etc. Of course, either I or my kids would kick your ass.

If the reporter and announcer worked for the same company, or both worked for MSU, then it would be sexual harassment.

I did some quick research. Asked this question of my 29 year old lawyer daughter in NYC.

Question: How’s often do you think girls' butts get grabbed by guys?

Answer: Quite frequently, but depends on the situation. College and high school lots. Law school way less frequently. Especially in crowded bars, subways, etc.

I didn't asked her about work situations, but I assume her answer would be never (certainly in at work or in a work situation).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back