• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vim's 2024 FINAL Montana High School Recruiting List

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
Just read a Nebraska blog earlier today. They are expecting Quinn Clark to verbal to Nebraska. Site said his father played I-back for Nebraska and passed away in 2013.

https://twitter.com/QuinnClark_1/status/1673754158963236880

81Hog said:
Wiens to MSU.

So close but yet so far, for awhile he had the Griz offer pinned on his Twitter and I thought we may have a chance until msu offered late and then it was all msu from there.

grizfan1984 said:
81Hog said:
Wiens to MSU.

So close but yet so far, for awhile he had the Griz offer pinned on his Twitter and I thought we may have a chance until msu offered late and then it was all msu from there.

https://twitter.com/WiensHudson/status/1681094238833111041

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
So now we’re 0-3 on the blue chips. Nice.

Which of the 3 did you think the Griz really had a chance?

And the cats are a mere 1 for 3. Seriously guy. Only one FCS blue chip guy had made his selection and you’re already complaining??? Let more than one FCS kid make his choice and if a trend actually develops then maybe you can hang your hat on something. Should we also remind you the only one to make his choice is from bozo?

firmgriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Which of the 3 did you think the Griz really had a chance?

And the cats are a mere 1 for 3. Seriously guy. Only one FCS blue chip guy had made his selection and you’re already complaining??? Let more than one FCS kid make his choice and if a trend actually develops then maybe you can hang your hat on something. Should we also remind you the only one to make his choice is from bozo?

And lets not forget that while this blue chip may be going to Bozeman, we also have landed another really solid class of transfers and the top rated recruit that the Griz have EVER landed. A kid who is not only talented, but also dedicated enough that he skipped his last semester of high school (the best semester!) to come join our team for winter conditioning and spring ball. I'd say we are doing alright.

If you’re up for a sobering exercise, count how many true recruiting battles Bobby and the boys have won over Vigen and his crew in the last two years. Recruiting battles are those in which both schools have offered a kid. You won’t like the numbers you uncover.

This year, it appears Eck will also trounce Bobby.

81Hog said:
If you’re up for a sobering exercise, count how true many recruiting battles Bobby and the boys have won over Vigen and his crew in the last two years. Recruiting battles are those in which both schools have offered a kid. You won’t like the numbers you uncover.

What are the numbers? Sounds like you have them.

Griz2k said:
AZGrizFan said:
So now we’re 0-3 on the blue chips. Nice.

Make that 0-5…

I very much appreciate the work Vim does on the in state players, but you guys put way to much emphasis on players and their abilities just because "Vim said so". Relax! Some players, even without Vim's "Blue Chip" stamp turn out to be pretty good football players. Vim, please do not take offense to this...I think you do a great job.

rgrizfan said:
Griz2k said:
Make that 0-5…

I very much appreciate the work Vim does on the in state players, but you guys put way to much emphasis on players and their abilities just because "Vim said so". Relax! Some players, even without Vim's "Blue Chip" stamp turn out to be pretty good football players. Vim, please do not take offense to this...I think you do a great job.

Oh completely. I have no opinion one way or another and yes, the work Vim does on this is astounding. Just piggybacking on AZ‘s comment. Still, if Vim’s analysis is even remotely accurate, is it not concerning at all the Griz are not landing any of the “supposed” top players in the state?

81Hog said:
If you’re up for a sobering exercise, count how true many recruiting battles Bobby and the boys have won over Vigen and his crew in the last two years. Recruiting battles are those in which both schools have offered a kid. You won’t like the numbers you uncover.

Again, what are the numbers?

The following is based upon recruiting sites and newspaper articles. I have no idea on exact dollar amounts of aid offered—only know these players reported offers from both schools.

2022-23

UM
1. Clay Oven
2. Iverson Young

MSU
1. Ty McCullough (WR transfer CSU)
2. Lonyatta Alexander (WR transfer UW)
3. Tom Carter
4. Cedric Jefferson
5. Luke Smith
6. Cole Taylor
7. Adam Jones

2021-22

UM
1. Caden Huot
2. Zac Crews (now at MSU)

MSU
1. Ethan Abbott
2. Taco Dowler
3. Burke Mastel
4. Tommy Nilson

So, 11-4 (with 1 of the 4 now in Bozeman).

81Hog said:

Quite honestly, this doesn't bother me in the least.

Back