• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vim's 2024 FINAL Montana High School Recruiting List

Isaac Stoker has committed to Dickinson State

Isaac Stoker
@IsaacStoke13102
I am forever grateful for the family, friends, coaches, and teammates who have helped me along my career path. With that being said, im excited to announce my commitment to Play at Dickinson State
@CoachPStanton

@RMcCarvel

@CoachOBrienDSU

@CoachVande37

@BlueHawkFB

Skygrz said:
Isaac Stoker has committed to Dickinson State

Isaac Stoker
@IsaacStoke13102
I am forever grateful for the family, friends, coaches, and teammates who have helped me along my career path. With that being said, im excited to announce my commitment to Play at Dickinson State
@CoachPStanton

@RMcCarvel

@CoachOBrienDSU

@CoachVande37

@BlueHawkFB

Good football player on both sides of the ball! I think this is a miss for the in-state FCS schools. Great track athlete as well.

Cooper Frietag was accepted into the Air Force Academy. Maybe UM could start an F-16 program….attract/keep more students? Flyovers for every game! :cool:

Speaking of FBS. It looks like former Montana GPOY out of Sentinel, Dylan Rollins, will be transferring to MSU after completing his LDS mission.

wbtfg said:
Speaking of FBS. It looks like former Montana GPOY out of Sentinel, Dylan Rollins, will be transferring to MSU after completing his LDS mission.

How does that usually go for guys who do their mission and then get back into football? I can't imagine you can do too much training during those two years, I'd have to imagine there is athletic regression, right? Or no?

ElrodGrizzly said:
wbtfg said:

How does that usually go for guys who do their mission and then get back into football? I can't imagine you can do too much training during those two years, I'd have to imagine there is athletic regression, right? Or no?

That’s a good question. I’d imagine it depends on the player and the variables.

It looks like he’s currently serving his mission in Tacoma, Wa, so I would imagine there are more training/nutrition opportunities there than those who go to a third world country.

wbtfg said:
ElrodGrizzly said:

It looks like he’s currently serving his mission in Tacoma, Wa, so I would imagine there are more training/nutrition opportunities there than those who go to a third world country.

That's true, certainly more in Tacoma, but are they even really allowed to? I've had some friends that had done missions, and they have very little personal time. I think six days a week their schedule is filled morning to night, and then they get one day for laundry and personal errands. If a kid is dedicated enough to go on a 2 year LDS mission, though, he is probably dedicated enough to make sure he is at least doing body weight workouts or running before bed.

I might be wrong, though, I haven't gone on them.

ElrodGrizzly said:
wbtfg said:

That's true, certainly more in Tacoma, but are they even really allowed to? I've had some friends that had done missions, and they have very little personal time. I think six days a week their schedule is filled morning to night, and then they get one day for laundry and personal errands. If a kid is dedicated enough to go on a 2 year LDS mission, though, he is probably dedicated enough to make sure he is at least doing body weight workouts or running before bed.

I have quite a few friends that have gone. Regardless of where they are, one of the important things is that they keep themselves healthy, which means working out even on their "busy" days. I imagine a stud (insert sport) player would likely be disciplined enough to do regular exercise and on their off day some ball skills.

AZDoc said:
ElrodGrizzly said:

I have quite a few friends that have gone. Regardless of where they are, one of the important things is that they keep themselves healthy, which means working out even on their "busy" days. I imagine a stud (insert sport) player would likely be disciplined enough to do regular exercise and on their off day some ball skills.

That had not been mentioned to me. Thanks, Doc!

"Tier 5- The Projects"
45.) WR- Rueso Battermann (Butte) - 6'3", 190 lbs.

Any idea if Rueso received any interest at all from the Griz? I thought he was a stud during the football season and looks like the most athletic player on the basketball court for the Bulldogs this year.

Back