• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM / College Transfer Portal

griz4life said:
1981Griz said:
We need Big, Strong, Fast, & Viscous
Offensive linemen and Defensive linemen.
Period.

So maybe an OL transfer portal pick up from Pam State?

:lol: :lol: Well, I’d trade their O-line for ours in a heartbeat. Viscous or no-viscous.

ordigger said:
Griz Addict said:
Have you been to Wyoming? It's about as exciting as watching water come out a faucet.

I’m in Eastern Wyoming. I like it. Like Montana was 30 years ago.7
The drive down I-25 is a real chore. I roughnecked down there one summer long ago; it was like being on the moon. The sage bushes were 20' apart with nothing but alkali in between.

kemajic said:
ordigger said:
The drive down I-25 is a real chore. I roughnecked down there one summer long ago; it was like being on the moon. The sage bushes were 20' apart with nothing but alkali in between.
And rattle snakes.

Bobcats get their FBS drop down qb .

Former Wyoming starter. This should get tongues in Bozeman flapping …

https://twitter.com/seanmat10/status/1480386109251018757?s=21

ordigger said:

Are we certain Chambers is even going to play QB for the Cats? He was really bad at Wyoming....

AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
Surprisingly, so is West Point. They can't leave after their sophomore year, however.

That’s why they see heavy action in their underclassmen….and it’s sophomore CLASS, not based on eligibility….

For the Academies, eligibility will matter less than year. Once they step foot on campus their junior YEAR - they affirm their commitment to serve, and cannot leave without re-paying the cost of their 1st 2 years - a very big bill - or enlisting.

The other thing about the Academies and the portal is I don't think they can just go out and get someone form the portal. That's not a luxury the coaches have there. They'd have to figure out how to get them a nomination etc...and even if they could do so, the inbound transfer would enter as a freshman (year). Crazy.

ordigger said:

Vigen is in a tough spot. Does he risk losing Butte support by bringing in “his guy” from Wyo and relegating Touchdown Tommy to Mop Up Mellot?

kemajic said:
ordigger said:

I rugged collared down there one summer and it wasn’t that bad at all.

GrizLawGrad said:
ordigger said:

Are we certain Chambers is even going to play QB for the Cats? He was really bad at Wyoming....

Really really bad. Sub 50% completion rate for career. Was benched for playing bad this season and lost his job. Threw more interceptions than TDs. Has also been injury prone. And let’s keep in mind this is Wyoming, there’s a ton of big sky teams who could kick their ass.

ordigger said:

So what happens to Touchdown Tommy?

This would seem to be a head scratcher....

Not that they would get another QB in the locker room, but why would the Wyoming QB transfer to a team with a frosh starter?

Unless:
Tommy is moving somewhere,
His injury is career ending
or
the Wyoming QB is playing a different position.

None of those make any logical sense.

Paytonlives said:

Not that they would get another QB in the locker room, but why would the Wyoming QB transfer to a team with a frosh starter?

Unless:
or

I think people are reading too much into this. I think Vigen is adding to his QB room with a guy that he is very familiar. I think Chambers may have had limited FBS options and is going where he knows the coach and has a level of comfort. I think the FCS chipper, along with the Griz/JMU game, demonstrates how important depth at QB is. I am not sure that QB is TTs best position moving forward. I can't see how adding depth doesn't make sense. Montana is in the same boat, and could/should add another QB this offseason.

HookedonGriz said:
GrizLawGrad said:

Really really bad. Sub 50% completion rate for career. Was benched for playing bad this season and lost his job. Through more interceptions than TDs. Has also been injury prone. And let’s keep in mind this is Wyoming, there’s a ton of big sky teams who could kick their ass.

Career stats per 406 Sports:
Completed 48.8% of his passes for 2,312 yards, 16 TDs and 10 INTs while rushing for 1,092 yards and 15 scores

grizindabox said:
Paytonlives said:

Unless:
or

I think people are reading too much into this. I think Vigen is adding to his QB room with a guy that he is very familiar. I think Chambers may have had limited FBS options and is going where he knows the coach and has a level of comfort. I think the FCS chipper, along with the Griz/JMU game, demonstrates how important depth at QB is. I am not sure that QB is TTs best position moving forward. I can't see how adding depth doesn't make sense. Montana is in the same boat, and could/should add another QB this offseason.

This. He needs to replace McKay, a QB that can run the same plays as Mellott as a backup (or starter if he beats Mellott out in practice).

horribilisfan8184 said:
grizindabox said:

This. He needs to replace McKay, a QB that can run the same plays as Mellott as a backup (or starter if he beats Mellott out in practice).
Supposedly, Rovig's leaving the program too!

Back