• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Troy Andersen a 1st Round Pick???

Status
Not open for further replies.
retiredpopo said:
indian-outlaw said:
I guess we will see.

I agree with you. Andersen brings a lot to the table. speed, size and has shown he can play multiple positions, work ethic. Might not be 1st rounder but he won't be hanging around past the 3rd round.

I think day 3, definitely not day 1.

For some reason I wasn’t sure Andersen even wanted to play after college. I know he is probably playing an after season senior game so maybe he does.

For some reason I wasn’t sure Andersen even wanted to play after college. I know he is probably playing an after season senior game so maybe he does.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Special H said:
Nope, not a man.

Any more...

Oh look another man attacking a woman on eGriz
Oh look another man being transphobic on eGriz
Mods want to do something about this disgusting behavior on here? That was a rhetorical question, everyone knows they do not enforce the rules on here and clean up the place.

GFYHHB

Special H said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Any more...

Mods want to do something about this disgusting behavior on here? That was a rhetorical question, everyone knows they do not enforce the rules on here and clean up the place.

GFYHHB

Lighten up Frances....or Francis. I personally could care less if you are a he or she or they or whatever. What I do have an issue with is you playing the "picking on a woman" card after you post an attack on someone and they jab back.

Despite Anderson's speed, size and athletic abilities, I believe professional scouts will see a weakness in his pass coverage, especially across the middle. In the Griz game and the NDSU game, he was beat a number of times. He was prone to move toward the line of scrimmage, only to have to back track. Did anyone else think his statistics were inflated a little by the weak schedule MSU played during the regular season?

London Griz said:
Despite Anderson's speed, size and athletic abilities, I believe professional scouts will see a weakness in his pass coverage, especially across the middle. In the Griz game and the NDSU game, he was beat a number of times. He was prone to move toward the line of scrimmage, only to have to back track. Did anyone else think his statistics were inflated a little by the weak schedule MSU played during the regular season?

I don't know anyone who thought that his stats were inflated because of schedule. Are there things he needs to learn and improve on? Yes, and you could say that about EVERY person in the draft, especially one's from FCS. Remember, this was his 1st year EVER playing middle LB, and only his 2nd year playing LB at all. I have no idea where he will get drafted, and I don't think that Middle LB will be where he ends up in the NFL. People obviously think he is really good. You don't get invited to the Senior Bowl from the FCS if you aren't top tear.

PS.. Stats from non weak opponents

Wyoming-- 11 Tackles and 1 PBU
Weber-- 10 Tackles and a Fumble recovery
EWU-- 15 Tackles, 1 sack, and 2 PBU
UM-- 10 Tackles, 1 Sack, 1 other Tackle for loss, 1 INT
SHSU-- 11 Tackles and 3 Tackles for loss
SDSU-- 10 Tackles (9 Solo) 1 Tackle for loss
NDSU-- 10 Tackles (his worst game)

HelenaHandBasket said:
Special H said:

GFYHHB

Lighten up Frances....or Francis. I personally could care less if you are a he or she or they or whatever. What I do have an issue with is you playing the "picking on a woman" card after you post an attack on someone and they jab back.

I have never attacked anyone and that is all that happens here. I'm more than happy to play the game with you boys, I'm better at it than you. It just ruins the board like you guys do.

SACCAT66 said:
London Griz said:

I don't know anyone who thought that his stats were inflated because of schedule. Are there things he needs to learn and improve on? Yes, and you could say that about EVERY person in the draft, especially one's from FCS. Remember, this was his 1st year EVER playing middle LB, and only his 2nd year playing LB at all. I have no idea where he will get drafted, and I don't think that Middle LB will be where he ends up in the NFL. People obviously think he is really good. You don't get invited to the Senior Bowl from the FCS if you aren't top tear.

Now do the other games, of course he had inflated numbers its the weak Big Sky conference. You don't think pro scouts understand that? Of course they do. Every team has inflated numbers, every year we have QBs throw for 4 or 5k yards and 40 or 50 TDs, yet none of them are starting in the NFL

Special H said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

I have never attacked anyone and that is all that happens here. I'm more than happy to play the game with you boys, I'm better at it than you. It just ruins the board like you guys do.

Can't wait.

Special H said:
SACCAT66 said:

Now do the other games, of course he had inflated numbers its the weak Big Sky conference. You don't think pro scouts understand that? Of course they do. Every team has inflated numbers, every year we have QBs throw for 4 or 5k yards and 40 or 50 TDs, yet none of them are starting in the NFL

I think you are downplaying how hard it is to actually make in the NFL... Yeah, there aren't a lot of starting QBs from the FCS (much less the Big Sky) because it is REALLY HARD to make it in the NFL...

Kenny Pickett is considered by some to be the top QB for the upcoming draft... Can you name 5 QBs that started in the NFL that he is better than? 5 QBs that a team would look at the #1 prospect in all of college as an upgrade.

SACCAT66 said:
Special H said:

I think you are downplaying how hard it is to actually make in the NFL... Yeah, there aren't a lit of starting QBs from the FCS (much less the Big Sky) because it is REALLY HARD to make it in the NFL...

I think most FCS fans up play how good their teams players are in the FCS, overall its a really really weak subdivision. Not every guy that is good on an individual team is NFL material. Take Montana for instance, every year posters say we have 3 to 5 guys that have a shot at the NFL and every year they are wrong. In the last 20 years Montana has had 4 legit NFL players Green, Carpenter, Biermann and Johnson. Even Colt Anderson as good as he was at UM didnt get a lot of playing time even though he hung around the NFL for close to 7 years. Same with Hilliard

Special H said:
SACCAT66 said:
I think you are downplaying how hard it is to actually make in the NFL... Yeah, there aren't a lit of starting QBs from the FCS (much less the Big Sky) because it is REALLY HARD to make it in the NFL...

I think most FCS fans up play how good their teams players are in the FCS, overall its a really really weak subdivision. Not every guy that is good on an individual team is NFL material. Take Montana for instance, every year posters say we have 3 to 5 guys that have a shot at the NFL and every year they are wrong. In the last 20 years Montana has had 4 legit NFL players Green, Carpenter, Biermann and Johnson. Even Colt Anderson as good as he was at UM didnt get a lot of playing time even though he hung around the NFL for close to 7 years. Same with Hilliard
Dave Dickinson had a outstanding career in the CFL but of course, the CFL is not the NFL.

Special H said:
SACCAT66 said:

Seems to me that if you're one of 53, you're a "legit" NFL player. Chase Reynolds might be a name to add to your list of "non-legit" players (btw, his NFL stats mirror Green's, so not sure how you're defining your list parameters...).

Also, Jimmy Wilson, who had almost 200 NFL tackles and started 27 games in the NFL. I'm sure there are more.

Special H said:
SACCAT66 said:

Mariani made a pro-bowl, I don't know exactly what that means but it seems like a positive to me.

SaskGriz said:
Special H said:
Mariani made a pro-bowl, I don't know exactly what that means but it seems like a positive to me.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
Special H said:

Seems to me that if you're one of 53, you're a "legit" NFL player. Chase Reynolds might be a name to add to your list of "non-legit" players (btw, his NFL stats mirror Green's, so not sure how you're defining your list parameters...).

Also, Jimmy Wilson, who had almost 200 NFL tackles and started 27 games in the NFL. I'm sure there are more.

Tim Hauck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back