• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Troy Andersen a 1st Round Pick???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess 3rd-4th round from what I have read. Great athlete. I still think he would make an excellent TE/HB. If he is a LB he will probably be a special teams guy for a couple years like most young LBs. He really hasn't played that many games at LB so he would still have a lot to learn. I think his upside is huge.

UncleRico said:
I would guess 3rd-4th round from what I have read. Great athlete. I still think he would make an excellent TE/HB. If he is a LB he will probably be a special teams guy for a couple years like most young LBs. He really hasn't played that many games at LB so he would still have a lot to learn. I think his upside is huge.

I think Troy Anderson of 2 years ago would have been a 3rd round pick with a decent NFL career.

This shell of a kid that’s left may not get drafted and probably won’t make it out of a training camp if he is (or is signed as a UDFA).

reinell30 said:
SACCAT66 said:
I am back from Texas, what did I miss over here?

If any of you know me... I don't make excuses for games. the Cats got totally destroyed in every facet of the game. Field conditions and injuries had nothing to do with it... That being said, something happened to Troy early on in the game... I haven't gone back and watched the replay of the game (I may never do that) but from the 2nd quarter on, he seemed to be holding his left arm kind of weirdly to his side. It didn't look right, he would just kind of hang it limp, until the play started. Not sure if it was just me over analyzing things (it happened a LOT on Saturday, and normally does when the team you follow is down by 35 points). The entire team was just off, and NDSU was better.

All That being said, I would peg him as a 5th round pick. I have no clue what will actually happen.

SAC
What can you tell us about the two Cat players suspended for Steroid use? O-Line men and starters?

Troy goes 5th or 6th round unless he signs FA before the draft....

All due respect… what the hell are you talking about?

retiredpopo said:
pretty sure Andersen was hurt against Sam Houston and gutted it out to finish.

That kid’s been hurt for two years. Ridden like a rented mule, right into the dirt.

AZGrizFan said:
retiredpopo said:

That kid’s been hurt for two years. Ridden like a rented mule, right into the dirt.

seemed like this season he was pretty well recovered until he made a diving missed tackle and messed up his shoulder. Hard not to root for him to make it at the next level.

AZGrizFan said:
retiredpopo said:

Choate road him pretty hard but Vigan hasn't. He played only a couple offensive snaps and was spelled quite a bit at LB.
He's a first day pick for sure.

Cory Widmer was a 7th round pick, Widmer was a better player and stayed much healthier in his college career. FA would be a gift with all the heath problems Anderson has had.

Special H said:
Cory Widmer was a 7th round pick, Widmer was a better player and stayed much healthier in his college career. FA would be a gift with all the heath problems Anderson has had.
Haha, remember when you said the 3-3-5 couldn't stop the run? Cory Wedmer was certainly a great player but he ain't Troy Andersen.

indian-outlaw said:
Special H said:
Haha, remember when you said the 3-3-5 couldn't stop the run? Cory Wedmer was certainly a great player but he ain't Troy Andersen.

Please find the exact quote and post it for all of us to see or shut your stupid fucking mouth. I am sick of all the men on here attacking me because I'm not in the boys club, so I choose to be loser and attack back.

For the record I love the flexibility of the 3-3-5 it fits the Big Sky extremely well.

Post the post I said what you accused me of or apologize, jock sniffer.

AZGrizFan said:
retiredpopo said:

They're doing same to Ifanse.

Special H said:
indian-outlaw said:

Please find the exact quote and post it for all of us to see or shut your stupid f###[#] mouth. I am sick of all the men on here attacking me because I'm not in the boys club, so I choose to be loser and attack back.

For the record I love the flexibility of the 3-3-5 it fits the Big Sky extremely well.

Lighten up Wolfman.

indian-outlaw said:
Special H said:
Please find the exact quote and post it for all of us to see or shut your stupid f###[#] mouth. I am sick of all the men on here attacking me because I'm not in the boys club, so I choose to be loser and attack back.

Lighten up Wolfman.

Nope, not a man.

Special H said:

Widmer is one of the all-time great Cats but I'd put both Mark Fellows & TA ahead of him. Andersen is the all-time best Cat ever. Widmer rolled up 109 solo tackles and 172 assists in his four seasons at Montana State, getting 33 sacks, 66 tackles for low, six fumbles caused, three recovered and five passes broken up. His sack total is third in school history, as is his total of 17 sacks in 1990, and he is fourth in school history in fumbles caused. In 2021 Andersen moved to middle linebacker in a 4-2-5 scheme, the Montana State LB amassed 137 total tackles, 14 tackles for loss, 2 sacks, 2 interceptions, 7 pass breakups, and a fumble recovery on the way to the FCS National Championship Game. Imagine his stats had he played LB for 4 years. He won Big Sky Defensive Player of the Year and was named a finalist for the Buck Buchanan Award (given to the best defender at the FCS level). Andersen may get the NFL & he may not. Personally I'd like to see him playing as a safety - ouch. Fellows broke a hip on special teams & his career ended. Widmer was an absolute stud in the NFL.

indian-outlaw said:
AZGrizFan said:
Choate road him pretty hard but Vigan hasn't. He played only a couple offensive snaps and was spelled quite a bit at LB.

He’s a first day pick? Remind me again where Jabril Cox went? And he was twice the LB Anderson is.

AZGrizFan said:
indian-outlaw said:

He’s a first day pick? Remind me again where Jabril Cox went? And he was twice the LB Anderson is.
I guess we will see.

indian-outlaw said:
AZGrizFan said:
I guess we will see.

I agree with you. Andersen brings a lot to the table. speed, size and has shown he can play multiple positions, work ethic. Might not be 1st rounder but he won't be hanging around past the 3rd round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back