• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Transgender?

Transgender? Yea or Nay? and your reasoning!

• Yea

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Nay

Votes: 21 48.8%

• Total voters
Jesse said:
SoftballMom said:
URSA.. Look GUY, it is already happening. Someone posed the question.. yea or nay and I responded. Makes my stomach turn and my heart ache for ALL the girls out there who are now or soon going to be sidelined because of this. YOU are the typical male chauvinist pig that I have been standing up to and fighting against my whole life. You can never know what it is like to be a woman... so shut up about what is good for women you worthless POS, egriz posting, non~athletic wantabe!
Wow keeping posting like that to enlighten us with more ad homiens that really get your point across. You sound a little like that nasty woman with blood coming out every where who asked a mean question at a presidential debate. Wait who said that?

Well Mr. Jessie - I definately respect real women a hell of a lot better than you!

I think this is a good time to bring this topic back up....the female? swimmer at Penn, having competed as a male 2 years ago, now is beating the women by 2 lengths (38 seconds) of the pool in a 500 yd freestyle race....Looks like all you supporters of this action are getting what you want....I'll say it again...Just wait until some 5 star, 7', male decides he wants to transition and becomes a female....the NCAA will have someone breaking every record that any natural female could ever set....That will be the moment when you all really get what you want because swimming isn't that big of a money making sport but basketball is different....There HAS to be a better way.....Sacrificing all the work that women have put into becoming great athletes to accommodate a male who wants to become a female is not fair....Why should the rest of the women suffer? It was he who wanted to become she so he/she should sacrifice their athletic endeavors....

sacstateman said:
I think this is a good time to bring this topic back up....the female? swimmer at Penn, having competed as a male 2 years ago, now is beating the women by 2 lengths (38 seconds) of the pool in a 500 yd freestyle race....Looks like all you supporters of this action are getting what you want....I'll say it again...Just wait until some 5 star, 7', male decides he wants to transition and becomes a female....the NCAA will have someone breaking every record that any natural female could ever set....That will be the moment when you all really get what you want because swimming isn't that big of a money making sport but basketball is different....There HAS to be a better way.....Sacrificing all the work that women have put into becoming great athletes to accommodate a male who wants to become a female is not fair....Why should the rest of the women suffer? It was he who wanted to become she so he/she should sacrifice their athletic endeavors....

The absurdity of your entire argument is summed up by this sentence:

"Just wait until some 5 star, 7', male decides he wants to transition and becomes a female..."

And the chances of this are what? 1 in 10 million??? Or probably more like 1 in 100 million or even greater??? It hasn't happened in the entire history of sports, so what makes you think this is a pressing issue needing urgent attention on the eGriz basketball board 8 months after the original post?

This issue is an outlier of an outlier. By all statistical accounts, transgenders make up significantly less than 1% (around .7%) of the population in the US . According to the NCAA, only 3.5% of high school athlete compete in college at all and that number goes down to 1% for D1. And I couldn't find the number for basketball, but the odds of being a 4 or 5 star recruit for football are .13% and .01% respectively (so assume the odds for basketball will be even lower). Put these numbers together for a probability and yes, there is a minute chance of this happening, but its astronomically low. And of whatever number that is, only a fraction of those who have these unicorn-like combo of characteristics will have the desire to pursue and dominate their sport in a new gender. This feels more like a morality test indicative of personal politics than an actual pressing issue needing to be addressed.

And not to add insult to injury, but the reality is for the vast majority of Americans, women's college sports don't move the needle whatsoever.

If this "issue" legitimately concerns you, then you clearly have too much time on your hands...

You know what I'm super concerned about? What if they let cheetahs that identify as human run in the Olympics? Or worse yet, what if hermaphrodite squirrels on steroids take over curling? Oh the tragedy... :lol:

I may have shot for the moon with the "5 star, 7'" deal but in reality it would only take a 6'7", 3 star to dominate women's hoop....becomes a bit more likely...not a pressing issue but one that should be thought about before it happens than to make a bad decision when it does happen....I don't think humans, born male with male testosterone levels, muscularity, lung capacity and everything else that make men different than women, should be playing women's sports....PERIOD....and your freaky fuckin squirrels should stick to their own nuts too....

sacstateman said:

NCAA champion now! Groundbreaking! Root her on today to kick some more ass! She/they won 500 meter by almost 2 seconds, incredible! The woke Egrizers should be so proud!

Lia Thomas is not a woman and should not be able to compete in a woman's sport. Do I think he did this for a competitive edge? No. But if he didn’t want a competitive edge why didn’t he just stay on the men’s team?

This is the beginning of the end of womens sports.

Rachel Dolezal, remember that EWU phoney some time back, identified as a black. Did that make her black? No.
Nowadays, some hypothetical white guy, lets call him Richard, identifies as a Black female. Does it make Richard legitimately black? No.
Does it make Richard legitimately female? No. How about is Richard changed his name to Rachel. Does that make him any more of a female? No.
But, he can compete on a womens team with no questions asked.
This Lia guy, yes, he is a guy, named Will. Will takes a NCAA Womens Swimming title, while a real female take second, third, fourth, etc. "I've always viewed myself a just a swimmer," quoth Will, aka Lia. Does that make him a swimmer? Yes. But, he is no more a female than he is a fish. May be he can swim like a fish, but he ain't no fish, even if he identified as a fish. Suppose I chose to identify as a grizzly bear. Does that make me a grizzly bear? No. In head to head competition, it just makes me dead, a snack for a REAL grizzly bear.

I guess the solution is to just post elapsed times in events, and forget about women or men. Just the result. Would he be noticed? Probably not. I doubt his time is competitive with others is only elapsed time is noted. In other words, no womens or mens sports, just the sport. As I stated above, the end of womens sports.

Truth can hurt, right WOKIES?

As has been said, this is a polarizing topic. Whatever your stance on transgender itself, athletics is a completely different ball game. I read someone mention testosterone depression and "have any of you suffered from low T". Well, yes, but the argument is that for example the Penn swimmer, went completely through male puberty and had a very large testosterone boost that the females did not get. He developed the stature, musculature, and general strength that the women did not. THAT is what puts him/her at an advantage. If he transitioned at age 11, then that is an even playing field. Women's sports is at a crossroads here. There aren't 2000 transgender males taking up spots, but the mere fact that they DO is the problem. I certainly do not know the answer, but letting a 20 year old transition and then compete against women is asinine. I haven't looked, but I would be interested to see how Wil's times compared to Lea's in the same events year over year.
I personally couldn't care less what someone does with their body/beliefs. That is their business. There just has to be a better way to allow participation but not punish those that don't have a built in advantage.

gotgame75 said:
sacstateman said:

The absurdity of your entire argument is summed up by this sentence:

"Just wait until some 5 star, 7', male decides he wants to transition and becomes a female..."

And the chances of this are what? 1 in 10 million??? Or probably more like 1 in 100 million or even greater??? It hasn't happened in the entire history of sports, so what makes you think this is a pressing issue needing urgent attention on the eGriz basketball board 8 months after the original post?

This issue is an outlier of an outlier. By all statistical accounts, transgenders make up significantly less than 1% (around .7%) of the population in the US . According to the NCAA, only 3.5% of high school athlete compete in college at all and that number goes down to 1% for D1. And I couldn't find the number for basketball, but the odds of being a 4 or 5 star recruit for football are .13% and .01% respectively (so assume the odds for basketball will be even lower). Put these numbers together for a probability and yes, there is a minute chance of this happening, but its astronomically low. And of whatever number that is, only a fraction of those who have these unicorn-like combo of characteristics will have the desire to pursue and dominate their sport in a new gender. This feels more like a morality test indicative of personal politics than an actual pressing issue needing to be addressed.

And not to add insult to injury, but the reality is for the vast majority of Americans, women's college sports don't move the needle whatsoever.

If this "issue" legitimately concerns you, then you clearly have too much time on your hands...

You know what I'm super concerned about? What if they let cheetahs that identify as human run in the Olympics? Or worse yet, what if hermaphrodite squirrels on steroids take over curling? Oh the tragedy... :lol:

“The issue is an outlier of an outlier”….tell that to the ACTUAL females standing on the podium in 2nd & 3rd place. I bet THEY care. It’s not an outlier to THEM, and if they were your daughters it wouldn’t be an outlier to you either.

AZGrizFan said:
“The issue is an outlier of an outlier”….tell that to the ACTUAL females standing on the podium in 2nd & 3rd place. I bet THEY care. It’s not an outlier to THEM, and if they were your daughters it wouldn’t be an outlier to you either.
Bingo! :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:

Well, this quote doesn't seem to support that:

In response, more than 300 current and former swimmers, collegiate and elite, signed their names to an open letter defending Thomas' ability to compete. One of those signees was Sullivan, her closest competitor in the 500 free prelim Thursday.
"I was fortunate enough to be welcomed with open arms in the swim community when I came out as gay," Sullivan said in a statement. "Just with my own personal good experience of coming out and feeling all that love and support within my swim community, I feel like [Lia] deserves the same thing."

'Abraham Lincoln once asked an audience how many legs a dog has if you count the tail as a leg. When they answered "five", Lincoln told them that the answer was four. The fact that you called a tail a leg does not make it a leg." -Thomas Sowell

FOI0k73WUAMXhvT

They sure look thrilled that 'she" won.

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:

In response, more than 300 current and former swimmers, collegiate and elite, signed their names to an open letter defending Thomas' ability to compete. One of those signees was Sullivan, her closest competitor in the 500 free prelim Thursday.
"I was fortunate enough to be welcomed with open arms in the swim community when I came out as gay," Sullivan said in a statement. "Just with my own personal good experience of coming out and feeling all that love and support within my swim community, I feel like [Lia] deserves the same thing."

Being a lesbian and being a dude swimming against women are two completely different things. That being said this girl is certainly welcome to her opinion. I'm glad she's ok with getting beat my a man. I'm assuming others don't share her opinion. And since we're so sensitive to the"minority" here, if there's even one girl that got beat by this guy and feels she was cheated, why is it nobody gives a shit about her?

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:

And there’s a whole other group of swimmers, parents, etc., who do NOT support it. But again, THEIR voices are largely silent because the woke crowd screams them down if they dare question this issue.

Hoops watcher said:
'Abraham Lincoln once asked an audience how many legs a dog has if you count the tail as a leg. When they answered "five", Lincoln told them that the answer was four. The fact that you called a tail a leg does not make it a leg." -Thomas Sowell

FOI0k73WUAMXhvT

They sure look thrilled that 'she" won.
Great quote.

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

And there’s a whole other group of swimmers, parents, etc., who do NOT support it. But again, THEIR voices are largely silent because the woke crowd screams them down if they dare question this issue.

Spoken like a true snowflake.

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:

At the end of the day, if they're gonna roll over and just take it, then it's their own damned fault. Fear of getting canceled is very real with this generation. I think it's wrong, and don't care that people don't agree with me, nor am I afraid to speak my own opinion on the matter. If that's your definition of a "snowflake" y'all might want to read up on it. :lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

At the end of the day, if they're gonna roll over and just take it, then it's their own damned fault. Fear of getting canceled is very real with this generation. I think it's wrong, and don't care that people don't agree with me, nor am I afraid to speak my own opinion on the matter. If that's your definition of a "snowflake" y'all might want to read up on it. :lol: :lol:

Are you trying to cancel trans-athletes?

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:

Classic! Such a predictable comeback :clap: Nice rhetoric BS :thumb:

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:

What’s the matter? Your “snowflake” argument got shot down in one stroke, so you’re moving on?

Perhaps they should compete against other trans athletes?

Back