• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Transgender?

Transgender? Yea or Nay? and your reasoning!

• Yea

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Nay

Votes: 21 48.8%

• Total voters
Ursa Major said:
SoftballMom said:
I don’t identify as a female, I am one... BIG Difference! men are physically bigger, stronger and faster. Their hands are bigger... their feet are bigger.. bone structures are different. They don’t have menstrual cycles or menstrual cramps. They don’t have to learn to use tampons or worry about bleed~throughs during practices or on game days.

Also, men who give an opinion on what it is like to be a woman, or what is good for women’s athletics are ignorant. Don’t tell ME what is good and fair for women’s athletics!

Look lady, you have a total of three posts on eGriz. You are probably a fake account started by someone else. If not, you don’t seem to be able to have a conversation, you just want to YELL!

As far as transgendered sports go you have a choice, either accept people for who they are or sip orange juice with Anita Bryant. Either way, it will happen.
[/quote
Look lady? Look here asshole you of course think someone must be a troll if they don't agree with your narrative.
Turn to your fav channel, get your popcorn and nod your head up and down like you do every evening watching Anderson and Don on CNN telling you what to think and say next

Had to look up who the hell Anita Bryant is? She is anti gay activist, why would URSA bring this to table, have seen no one discuss anything about gays. Bizarre man, if anyone is anti it is URSA, anti-women

Ursa Major said:
wyomingriz said:
So you agree with Welsh and many others posting on this site that as long as only a few girls get hurt then it is okay? I don't think i have seen anyone say that it is a prevalent issue like you insinuate they are. It doesn't happen often and i don't believe it will, however your justification is very weak and disappointing. Does it make it okay if you don't know any of these girls that are affected? It doesn't for me....

This is mostly political theatre churned up by the radical right-wing as a wedge issue in the never ending culture wars. If your outraged by it, they’re winning.

As I said in the other thread, taking history into account, this country has always moved toward expanding the rights and liberties of groups. We’re not going to take away women’s suffrage, we’re not going to repeal gay marriage or re-segregate schools. Those who think transgendered rights will be restricted rather than expanded in the future are on the wrong side of history.
So how do you see this as political? I see this as a fairness issue. Is it fair to those born a woman? If this continues women's sports will never be the same and eventually be dominated by ex-men. What in the Hell is the world coming to? Our cities are crumbling, our moral fiber is stretched to it's limit, and now the take over of women's sports. Thank God I live in Montana, which will eventually be turned into Seattle in no time anyway, & there is not a damn thing we can do about it! Buckle Up! :roll: Official end of Rant!

URSA.. Look GUY, it is already happening. Someone posed the question.. yea or nay and I responded. Makes my stomach turn and my heart ache for ALL the girls out there who are now or soon going to be sidelined because of this. YOU are the typical male chauvinist pig that I have been standing up to and fighting against my whole life. You can never know what it is like to be a woman... so shut up about what is good for women you worthless POS, egriz posting, non~athletic wantabe!

Seems that many want to beat the "fairness" and "good for" and "attack on" and "anti----" and many other drums, unless of course it is for transgender people.

As for someone asking why he brought up Anita Bryant, it becomes obvious that you are missing his point.

Dillon said:
Ursa Major said:
This is mostly political theatre churned up by the radical right-wing as a wedge issue in the never ending culture wars. If your outraged by it, they’re winning.

As I said in the other thread, taking history into account, this country has always moved toward expanding the rights and liberties of groups. We’re not going to take away women’s suffrage, we’re not going to repeal gay marriage or re-segregate schools. Those who think transgendered rights will be restricted rather than expanded in the future are on the wrong side of history.
So how do you see this as political? I see this as a fairness issue. Is it fair to those born a woman? If this continues women's sports will never be the same and eventually be dominated by ex-men. What in the Hell is the world coming to? Our cities are crumbling, our moral fiber is stretched to it's limit, and now the take over of women's sports. Thank God I live in Montana, which will eventually be turned into Seattle in no time anyway, & there is not a damn thing we can do about it! Buckle Up! :roll: Official end of Rant!

Dillion, I see this as another chapter in the culture wars (e.g. abortion, guns, marijuana, god, gay rights, immigration). Pump up the Fox News fear and grievance machine so we can hate and mistrust one another. The level of outrage far outpaces the societal impact.

As far as transgendered kids taking over female sports, the numbers are not there. An incredibly small percentage of kids are transgendered. The vast majority of that small percentage are just not drawn to sports. Fears of a takeover of female sports are overblown. But that’s the whole point of the culture wars. Rile up the masses over something that has very little impact on their lives.

Ursa Major said:
As far as transgendered kids taking over female sports, the numbers are not there. An incredibly small percentage of kids are transgendered. The vast majority of that small percentage are just not drawn to sports. Fears of a takeover of female sports are overblown. But that’s the whole point of the culture wars. Rile up the masses over something that has very little impact on their lives.

This.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Seems that many want to beat the "fairness" and "good for" and "attack on" and "anti----" and many other drums, unless of course it is for transgender people.

As for someone asking why he brought up Anita Bryant, it becomes obvious that you are missing his point.

None of the advocates of the house bill seem to want to take on the question of where transgendered rights will be in the future.

My guess is that the children of today will look back on this debate and shake their heads. Just like the children of the 60’s & 70’s look back on segregation. Hard to find a lot of Bull Connor fans today.

HelenaHandBasket said:

I get the point however the fact that he brings her(Anita Bryant) into fray is a cheap shot and his way of shifting focus like he just did :cry: He assumes a lot of things about about people who are against this movement which makes him a poor advocate for his cause

wyomingriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

I get the point however the fact that he brings her(Anita Bryant) into fray is a cheap shot and his way of shifting focus like he just did :cry: He assumes a lot of things about about people who are against this movement which makes him a poor advocate for his cause

Still obvious.

Basically saying that it is what it is and it is inevitable, and that it doesn’t happen enough to care about ones that are negatively affected, are not going to sway many opinions. That is generally all i have heard as an argument for this movement

SoftballMom said:
URSA.. Look GUY, it is already happening. Someone posed the question.. yea or nay and I responded. Makes my stomach turn and my heart ache for ALL the girls out there who are now or soon going to be sidelined because of this. YOU are the typical male chauvinist pig that I have been standing up to and fighting against my whole life. You can never know what it is like to be a woman... so shut up about what is good for women you worthless POS, egriz posting, non~athletic wantabe!

Get Em KAREN lolol REEEEE

Dillon said:
Ursa Major said:

This dumb, antiquated line of thinking honestly exasperates me. The only way this is plausible if you have zero understanding of how human sexuality works. There is not a transsexual on the planet that has become that way because they think it will give them a competitive athletic advantage in women's sports. The conservative morality police make it seem as if throngs of trannies are just waiting to take over women's sports if given the opportunity. It's patently absurd.

Transgenders make up just .6% of the population. And how many of those .6% are transitioning males attempting to play women's sports? It's an astronomically low number that impacts almost nobody. Have you ever personally known any female athletes that have been replaced by transgender males in organized sports?

Are you prepared to sacrifice NCAA playoff athletics in Montana for the foreseeable future for an issue that is only designed to elicit your outrage and make you clutch your pearls, while making minimal to zero actual difference in the lives Montanans?

But you are definitely right on one thing, which is that you are on the losing side of the cultural divide on this issue and there isn't anything you can do about it. You might not like it, but its happening, so accept or get left behind.

* Does everyone realize that male to female transgender athletes have to be on testosterone suppressants for a lengthy amount of time before they can compete? Have any guys out there experienced what it feel like to have low T? It's probably the least ideal scenario for a male to have to compete in any athletic endeavor.

We just need enough smart Liberals to figure this transgender thing out and how it relates to athletics.

Also, apologies for my post the other night. I had partaken in consumption of a special brownie and my thoughts were not as coherent as they needed to be :) All is well again!

gotgame75 said:
* Does everyone realize that male to female transgender athletes have to be on testosterone suppressants for a lengthy amount of time before they can compete? Have any guys out there experienced what it feel like to have low T? It's probably the least ideal scenario for a male to have to compete in any athletic endeavor.

You sound like a man of experience, or is it 'woman of experience' or is it 'neither of the above'? Tell us all about your experience with low T, Missy.
Your last sentence is correct, THEY
...ARE...MALES...competing against females. They can have their natural equipment package removed, but they remain male. Cutting the ears off a mule don't make it a horse.

gotgame75 said:
Dillon said:

This dumb, antiquated line of thinking honestly exasperates me. The only way this is plausible if you have zero understanding of how human sexuality works. There is not a transsexual on the planet that has become that way because they think it will give them a competitive athletic advantage in women's sports. The conservative morality police make it seem as if throngs of trannies are just waiting to take over women's sports if given the opportunity. It's patently absurd.

Transgenders make up just .6% of the population. And how many of those .6% are transitioning males attempting to play women's sports? It's an astronomically low number that impacts almost nobody. Have you ever personally known any female athletes that have been replaced by transgender males in organized sports?

Are you prepared to sacrifice NCAA playoff athletics in Montana for the foreseeable future for an issue that is only designed to elicit your outrage and make you clutch your pearls, while making minimal to zero actual difference in the lives Montanans?

But you are definitely right on one thing, which is that you are on the losing side of the cultural divide on this issue and there isn't anything you can do about it. You might not like it, but its happening, so accept or get left behind.

Fairness is not 'dumb and antiquated'. Making trans competing as women take performance suppressing drugs is evidence that biological males are superior athletically and unfair to biological women. That trans athletes can have higher levels of testosterone after suppressing treatment that would get a biological woman banned is also unfair among other PED testing anomalies that favor trans. Also unfair.

Agree that it's unfortunate it is a political hot potato, though the assertion that only the right wages the Kultur Kampf is laughably ridiculous. So in the end someone's ox gets gored either way. I'm for fair competition and trans v. biological is not fair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqRJkNIwW-A

Take a peek at this "female" team handball player (my favorite guilty pleasure every Olympic year, lbeen watching for decades) and tell me it's fair.

SoftballMom said:
Wow keeping posting like that to enlighten us with more ad homiens that really get your point across. You sound a little like that nasty woman with blood coming out every where who asked a mean question at a presidential debate. Wait who said that?

Jesse said:
SoftballMom said:
Wow keeping posting like that to enlighten us with more ad homiens that really get your point across. You sound a little like that nasty woman with blood coming out every where who asked a mean question at a presidential debate. Wait who said that?
Interesting how it appears we have one woman posting on this issue and she has been attacked and repressed by the LIBS :lol: Not surprising haha... Keep fighting Softballmom they are trying to oppress and silence your voice!

wyomingriz said:
Jesse said:
Interesting how it appears we have one woman posting on this issue and she has been attacked and repressed by the LIBS :lol: Not surprising haha... Keep fighting Softballmom they are trying to oppress and silence your voice!

You don’t understand irony do you? If I wanted to try and oppress and silence her voice I would have called her a worthless POS and wanna be non-athlete, which she is not. :cool:

Back