• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Transgender Debate

uofmman1122 said:
Paytonlives said:
Isn't hormone therapy putting something in the body to change it.
Last time I checked steroids are put in the body to change the body.

Both should be illegal in any competition, because its impossible to know the exact outcome of use.
IE, how do you qualify the change in either to make sure the competition is fair?

So why do we outlaw steroids and find hormone therapy legal?

horribilisfan8184 said:
So you don't want the gig. Could have said that in alot fewer words.

Check the WHO archives and see when transgender was reclassified as no longer a mental illness. The Kinsey 50's? M &J 60s and 70's? Maybe enlightened 80's or naughty 90's? Ok really by millennial enlightenment of 2000's? Woke 2010's? How about 2019 with woke power leading the way. Boy that's science for you. History lesson over. This isn't complicated unless you really need to feel good about yourself through espousing sympathy over science. Just because an injustice against happens infrequently doesn't mean its not an injustice. Your blinders are rather blinding. You can love and embrace trans individuals and still know its not fair for bio men to compete with bio women in non handicapped sports. Some of us learned in the 70s to reject the type of domain assumptions you are casting about.

Dont be shy about checking the NCAA banned substance list of hormones, which includes any chemically related substances not listed.
Looks like we're sticking with a child's understanding of science, biology and gender.

That's cool guys, no shame in that, I guess.

Offer still stands if you ever want to move on from that. Feel free to DM me. :thumb:

Post the links cus I’m not understanding how them thinking that it’s unfair for the naturally born women to be forced to compete against trans women is child like thinking. Guess I’m a child too. Please enlighten me.

alabamagrizzly said:
uofmman1122 said:
Looks like we're sticking with a child's understanding of science, biology and gender.

That's cool guys, no shame in that, I guess.

Offer still stands if you ever want to move on from that. Feel free to DM me. :thumb:

Post the links cus I’m not understanding how them thinking that it’s unfair for the naturally born women to be forced to compete against trans women is child like thinking. Guess I’m a child too. Please enlighten me.

It's not and it doesn't require science. It is common sense.

tourist said:
"...just a fullback..."
Now, that is hitting below the belt. Hmm, maybe a kick between the legs will confirm whether he/she is a male or female. :yikes:

Any guy who has ever gotten racked can attest to the veracity of this method.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/florida-transgender-sports-ban-b1833166.html

Florida just wants a looksie 👀.

Here's the way transgender is treated in Camaroon and 30 other counties in Africa:

"Cameroon jails transgender women for 'attempted homosexuality'"

"Shakiro has thousands of followers on Facebook and YouTube where she is open about her sexuality.

Two transgender women in Cameroon have been sentenced to five years in jail for contravening homosexuality laws.

Their lawyers say they were found guilty of "attempting homosexuality" as well as outraging public decency and problems with their ID cards.

One of them is trans celebrity Shakiro, a YouTuber who highlights the problems Cameroon's banned LGBT community faces.

She and her friend Patricia have been in detention since February after their arrest at a restaurant.

Cameroon is among 31 African countries that criminalises gay sex. Where it's illegal to be gay

"It's a hammer blow. It's the maximum term outlined in the law. The message is clear: homosexuals don't have a place in Cameroon," one of their lawyers, Alice Nkom, who heads the Association for the Defence of Rights of Homosexuals, told the AFP news agency.

Their other lawyer, Richard Tamfu, says the pair will appeal against the verdict as there is no proof that homosexual acts were committed, just suspicion.

The court in the city of Douala also fined Shakira and Patricia 200,000 CFA francs ($370; £260) each.

If the two are unable to raise the money to pay the penalties, they will face another 12 months in prison on top of their five-year sentence, the BBC's Killian Ngala reports from the capital, Yaoundé.

Some feel that Shakiro has been deliberately targeted because of her celebrity.

In 2016 Cameroon strengthened its anti-homosexuality laws, changing the penal code to explicitly outlaw same-sex sexual relations, our reporter says.

There is animosity towards gay and transgender people in Cameroon and they can often be beaten up in public, he says.

Especially because, they say, the charge of "attempted homosexuality" does not apply in this case, as the two trans women were not caught in any sexual situation - they were just having dinner."

https://news.yahoo.com/cameroon-jails-transgender-women-attempted-112527424.html

I lived in Africa for a couple of years and have travelled there for another couple of years. Can confirm what PR is posting.

sdk.catfish said:
So who the f.......... cares about what is happening in Camaroon? Should that be a role model for the US?

Nope. Can’t put words in another person’s mouth, but I believe PR was pointing out the absurdity with that post.

CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club
Sat May 15, 2021 9:44 pm

sdk.catfish wrote: ↑Sat May 15, 2021 7:29 pm
So who the f.......... cares about what is happening in Camaroon? Should that be a role model for the US?
Nope. Can’t put words in another person’s mouth, but I believe PR was pointing out the absurdity with that post.

You could be right. The dude has a vociferous appetite for the written word and occasionally he passes on some useful information. Just like he can pass on useful football related facts and I think he should concentrate on that area. Sometimes he doesn't. Sometimes I have a difficult time discerning the usefulness of his posts which may be me. But I wouldn't be in favor of cancelling him - he has value.

sdk.catfish said:
CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club
Sat May 15, 2021 9:44 pm

sdk.catfish wrote: ↑Sat May 15, 2021 7:29 pm

You could be right. The dude has a vociferous appetite for the written word and occasionally he passes on some useful information. Just like he can pass on useful football related facts and I think he should concentrate on that area. Sometimes he doesn't. Sometimes I have a difficult time discerning the usefulness of his posts which may be me. But I wouldn't be in favor of cancelling him - he has value.
We should only cancel Kaepernik for kneeling, the Dixie Chicks for speaking, and McCain because he got captured.

Biological male wins women’s title.....

https://www.dailywire.com/news/trans-golfer-who-played-on-mens-college-team-snags-womens-title-eyes-lpga?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro&fbclid=IwAR3rmxAx9nBgQg97N3jqJTiObNJaRUnvkplID7gxmIJH_GCsNpbMi_l6eTs

HookedonGriz said:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/trans-golfer-who-played-on-mens-college-team-snags-womens-title-eyes-lpga?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro&fbclid=IwAR3rmxAx9nBgQg97N3jqJTiObNJaRUnvkplID7gxmIJH_GCsNpbMi_l6eTs

Casts it. Not a good move. Would be lucky to get a top 10 in a regular AJGA event. WTH kind of pro event was this where +3 at some muni in Florida took third? Kinda thinking about joining tbh.

HookedonGriz said:

That does it. I’m never watching another LPGA event again. It reminds me of the trauma I experienced while watching my last LPGA event in 1988. I’m still thankful my mom eventually found the TV remote control later that same week.

I thought a lot of you were saying the various legislation was a solution looking for a problem.

I hope this person can win some LGPA events. That will raise the profile of this issue. Again, I have no view on it, as I don't follow it and don't understand it.

PlayerRep said:
I thought a lot of you were saying the various legislation was a solution looking for a problem.

I hope this person can win some LGPA events. That will raise the profile of this issue. Again, I have no view on it, as I don't follow it and don't understand it.

Well, according to the article, the LPGA has accepted transgendered athletes for the past 11 years, I don’t know if there is a problem. Other than a biased right-wing conservative news outlet.

So this bill only prohibits trans athletes from participating on teams from public funded schools. It can't stop private schools, or the MHSA, or BSC, or professional events from allowing them to participate.

PlayerRep said:

I don't know much, but I know that move has a 0.0% chance of winning an LPGA Tour event.

This woman hasn't even won yet, and she has one of the best swings, male or female, that I've ever seen.

[media]https://youtu.be/9p4wwsbtnxg[/media]

CDAGRIZ said:
PlayerRep said:

I don't know much, but I know that move has a 0.0% chance of winning an LPGA Tour event.

This woman hasn't even won yet, and she has one of the best swings, male or female, that I've ever seen.

[media]https://youtu.be/9p4wwsbtnxg[/media]

Off topic but I was wondering what Mrs. CDA would say about you posting this? Would she be angry or would she ‘just find it funny’ that you spend so much time watching Maria’s swing videos?

Back