• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Toure entering transfer portal

This is very saddening, was really looking forward to watching him tear up the BSC again. However, it's a really good decision on his part. Griz players don't get looked at like they used to. Too many failures with recent players that have had a chance. Who was the last griz drafted? Besides Trumaine Johnson, who is the last successful Griz to play in the NFL? The best decision for Toure is to move up and prove himself. Even if he had 2,000 yards in a season playing for us, he'd still be lucky to go 7th round. Most likely UDFA. If he can prove himself at the next level, he could easily go in rounds 3-4. Can't be mad at someone for bettering their chances for a more successful life. Good luck to ya Toure! You will be missed!!

I think it's time to start the talk of a move up again. We would have a way better chance of retaining players and Griz players would have way more of a chance to get drafted and prove themselves. The only good thing about the FCS is the playoff system. The only thing. A move up would be beneficial for the program, players, easier access to watch on TV, and a hell of a lot more money. Not too mention it would attract a lot better players! It's time. Let's do it UM!!! Right now we are pretty much a warm up for bigger schools. We will continue having players transfer to prove they can hang. If we moved up this would eliminate a lot of those problems. I think UM would do really well in the MWC, I fully believe within 5 years we could be a power in that conference. Fuck we are in a position that players have picked EWU and UNC over us... That's a pretty shitty feeling. We have the fan base and the talent. Let's get going! Think about the future! It might be rough first few years but, I have complete faith that UM could turn into a big time program, given them time. This is the only way to save UM from becoming a practice squad.

I suppose I'm too old school. What about playing for your team and teammates, and your school, and being with your friends. All of this me-me stuff is not what I was thought end not what I was ever about.

If I were Hauck, I'd be disappointed and pissed. I don't think Hauck has to gush over the player's departure. I would prefer that he didn't. I would think the player's teammates are disappointed too.

It's his choice and I hope he does well, but part of me also wants to say something else.

Griz Addict said:
I think it's time to start the talk of a move up again. We would have a way better chance of retaining players and Griz players would have way more of a chance to get drafted and prove themselves. The only good thing about the FCS is the playoff system. The only thing. A move up would be beneficial for the program, players, easier access to watch on TV, and a hell of a lot more money. Not too mention it would attract a lot better players! It's time. Let's do it UM!!! Right now we are pretty much a warm up for bigger schools. We will continue having players transfer to prove they can hang. If we moved up this would eliminate a lot of those problems. I think UM would do really well in the MWC, I fully believe within 5 years we could be a power in that conference. [#]f### we are in a position that players have picked EWU and UNC over us... That's a pretty shitty feeling. We have the fan base and the talent. Let's get going! Think about the future! It might be rough first few years but, I have complete faith that UM could turn into a big time program, given them time. This is the only way to save UM from becoming a practice squad.
Addict, I agree, however with the UM financial position, it’s probably not possible.

horribilisfan8184 said:
As usual no one knows all the factors going into this decision except its what he and his family believes is best for his future. The guy has given his all for 4 years to the Griz and put his health on the line to career ending injury every snap on the field, snap in practice and scrimmage, and every practice drill. He stayed through a coaching change that uses, for the most part, an offense that passes less than the one for which he was recruited. The "team loyalty" card should be put away on this one.

He is an exciting player and I'm glad I was able to watch performances that elevated the teams' progress way ahead of most expectations.

Any and all bitchers might be well served to read the Serenity Prayer another time or two.

If the fall schedule was on he would be on the field for the Griz. But that ain't the reality.

Don't forget one or two new recruits who may turn out to be exceptional performers just got a hand up in the scholarship chase.

Good Luck Mr. Toure. I hope this move helps you reach your dreams.

Well said.

Good for him. He pursues his dreams as would many do Hope he lands with a team that utilizes his talents. Enjoyed watching him here!

GrizTexas said:
RainierGriz said:
I strongly disagree with item 2. There’s no need for a public “congratulations” as the creates a culture of acceptance within the team. A culture that says “thanks for playing and you’re welcome to leave at any time :) “ I’d imagine Bobby and Samori have had some discussion around this and ultimately Bobby wishes him the best behind closed doors. Which is what should matter, right?

Couch Hauck would benefit strongly from some good PR. Doesn't need to agree with the decision nor the NCAA policy that allows this free agent movement but the "no comment" thing appears he is angry. He may be and nobody would blame him but this is when you establish culture; talk of commitment and what it means...just don't be angry in private and let everyone appear to know what is best or think they know what you are thinking!

where is everyone getting the "no comment" from? The tweet from Tootel and Nuanez doesn't seem like a "no comment" to me....

be interesting to see where he lands. If he lands somewhere lucrative you can bet others will follow. crazy times for sure.

Spanky2 said:
Griz Addict said:
I think it's time to start the talk of a move up again. We would have a way better chance of retaining players and Griz players would have way more of a chance to get drafted and prove themselves. The only good thing about the FCS is the playoff system. The only thing. A move up would be beneficial for the program, players, easier access to watch on TV, and a hell of a lot more money. Not too mention it would attract a lot better players! It's time. Let's do it UM!!! Right now we are pretty much a warm up for bigger schools. We will continue having players transfer to prove they can hang. If we moved up this would eliminate a lot of those problems. I think UM would do really well in the MWC, I fully believe within 5 years we could be a power in that conference. [#]f### we are in a position that players have picked EWU and UNC over us... That's a pretty shitty feeling. We have the fan base and the talent. Let's get going! Think about the future! It might be rough first few years but, I have complete faith that UM could turn into a big time program, given them time. This is the only way to save UM from becoming a practice squad.
Addict, I agree, however with the UM financial position, it’s probably not possible.

Am I the only one that would prefer to compete for a true national championship over watching the Griz play teams of the likes of NM State?

PlayerRep said:
I suppose I'm too old school. What about playing for your team and teammates, and your school, and being with your friends. All of this me-me stuff is not what I was thought end not what I was ever about.

If I were Hauck, I'd be disappointed and pissed. I don't think Hauck has to gush over the player's departure. I would prefer that he didn't. I would think the player's teammates are disappointed too.

It's his choice and I hope he does well, but part of me also wants to say something else.

Of course people will be disappointed, but I doubt for a second that any of his teammates have a problem with it. He worked his ass off for 5 years, gave everything, so I find it in poor taste that people want to question him. Covid has changed the landscape, and I personally thank him for what he gave on and off the field as a Griz and wish him the best.

MTGRZ said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
As usual no one knows all the factors going into this decision except its what he and his family believes is best for his future. The guy has given his all for 4 years to the Griz and put his health on the line to career ending injury every snap on the field, snap in practice and scrimmage, and every practice drill. He stayed through a coaching change that uses, for the most part, an offense that passes less than the one for which he was recruited. The "team loyalty" card should be put away on this one.

He is an exciting player and I'm glad I was able to watch performances that elevated the teams' progress way ahead of most expectations.

Any and all bitchers might be well served to read the Serenity Prayer another time or two.

If the fall schedule was on he would be on the field for the Griz. But that ain't the reality.

Don't forget one or two new recruits who may turn out to be exceptional performers just got a hand up in the scholarship chase.

Good Luck Mr. Toure. I hope this move helps you reach your dreams.

Well said.

Times 2. Bat soup flu wasn't anyone's fault here. Mr. Toure did everything that was asked, performed at a high level and got his degree. Bummed that I won't see him play here again but hope he tears it up at his next stop. NFL or not , I'm betting he will do well in the future and wish him and his family well.

RainierGriz said:
Spanky2 said:

Am I the only one that would prefer to compete for a true national championship over watching the Griz play teams of the likes of NM State?
True national championship?🙈

HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:

Of course people will be disappointed, but I doubt for a second that any of his teammates have a problem with it. He worked his ass off for 5 years, gave everything, so I find it in poor taste that people want to question him. Covid has changed the landscape, and I personally thank him for what he gave on and off the field as a Griz and wish him the best.

Honestly, I'm shocked he's the first/only one at this point. I figured there'd be several at this point.

RainierGriz said:
Spanky2 said:

No you’re not. There’s nothing enjoyable about playing in the famous Idaho potato bowl year after year. Haters gonna hate.

#bsc

All the best to Samori. Truly one of the best to ever wear the Maroon.

If UM plays spring football they are certifiable.

Back