• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Toure entering transfer portal

BadlandsGrizFan said:
He wont be the last either. This is on the Big Sky believing that theyre going to have some bullshit Spring Season.

Anyone with the dreams of playing in the NFL that is in the last 2 seasons, this is the obvious choice.

They force the kids hands, play a BS short season in the spring in Montana, where a majority of the games will be snow packed and shit conditions....or basically use this time to get bigger and stronger, then go have a real and final season next year at the highest level.

I would do the same thing, risk in injury in March on frozen fields, then potentially miss your fall season, or play it safe and move on.

This shit is ON THE BIG SKY.
Funny. As if the weather is any better here in late November and December. It is not the spring season that frees good players, it's the extension of eligibility.

maroonandsilver said:
Older than most of you (75) I grew up naively thinking that guys on my favorite baseball teams (Red Sox and Giants) stayed on their teams because they loved them. Team rosters stayed mostly the same year after year. That was before the reserve clause and my bubble was popped. Then we all found out that it is now all about money.
I think we are now finding a similar scenario in college athletics. Those of us who want to believe that college athletes bleed their school colors are finding that is not the case, kids want to play, want to improve their pro prospects. Team no longer is as important as self.

From an old school guy this is hard to understand, I don't think the word commitment is in their language.

fanofzoo said:
maroonandsilver said:
Older than most of you (75) I grew up naively thinking that guys on my favorite baseball teams (Red Sox and Giants) stayed on their teams because they loved them. Team rosters stayed mostly the same year after year. That was before the reserve clause and my bubble was popped. Then we all found out that it is now all about money.
I think we are now finding a similar scenario in college athletics. Those of us who want to believe that college athletes bleed their school colors are finding that is not the case, kids want to play, want to improve their pro prospects. Team no longer is as important as self.

From an old school guy this is hard to understand, I don't think the word commitment is in their language.

Ditto....too much "I" and not enough "We" . And I think Cooper Kupp has done just fine coming from a FCS school

Look at Dante Olson though.. he got screwed (so far) because of Covid and lack of the pre-season... he should absolutely be on a team right now. Makes sense for Toure... I’m guessing the coaches may have pushed it too for his future (assuming he has a legitimate shot at the NFL.). Under normal circumstances they wouldn’t obviously... just suspicious because his Twitter graphic is so well done... not saying a college buddy couldn’t design like that or even Toure... guessing our athletic dept
helped with that graphic.

dub said:
Look at Dante Olson though.. he got screwed (so far) because of Covid and lack of the pre-season... he should absolutely be on a team right now. Makes sense for Toure... I’m guessing the coaches may have pushed it too for his future (assuming he has a legitimate shot at the NFL.). Under normal circumstances they wouldn’t obviously... just suspicious because his Twitter graphic is so well done... not saying a college buddy couldn’t design like that or even Toure... guessing our athletic dept
helped with that graphic.

Covid didn't help, but Dante's issue is he just doesn't have the speed for the NFL game.

Gotta think there's a high likelihood he ends up at either Oregon or Oregon State, and they'd both be lucky to have him.

Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:18 pm

Ditto....too much "I" and not enough "We" .

Just my opinion but that could be said about a whole lot going on these days and not just in the college football world. Just go shopping.

Ursus1 said:
fanofzoo said:

Ditto....too much "I" and not enough "We" . And I think Cooper Kupp has done just fine coming from a FCS school

Good job, you picked the ONE that made it. As for the "I" and "we" thing, don't be a douche. I would believe that not one of his teammates has an issue with him trying to prove himself with the big boys.

Griz til I die said:
Did anybody notice in the box score from the press release of the fall scrimmage the neither Toure or Akem had no stats on it? I didn't think much of this at the time. I thought maybe Bobby was holding them out as a precaution and giving most of the reps to the younger guys. What are the odds that Akem is leaving too? I pray to god not, and I hope that this is just speculation on my part, but idk, it seemed kind of odd to me.

https://gogriz.com/news/2020/11/6/football-defense-strong-as-griz-wrap-fall-camp-with-maroon-and-white-scrimmage.aspx

I don’t think many starters played in that game. Mostly for depth would be my guess

He’s from Portland. I’m going to guess we see him at Oregon State. Their wr corps isn’t very impressive for P5 football.

Two Points: 1)Needs to be looking at somewhere that has a decent QB not somewhere that Wide receivers are in short supply as if he is as talented as we all think that won't be an issue! 2)Coach Hauck needs to take the high road and get past the "no comment" and wish him well, he could lose the team over something like this ... not saying he should encourage it but this is a rare and unique situation.

Could he play with the Griz in the spring and then play next fall with an FBS program? What are the more lenient rules caused by the covid?

GrizTexas said:
Two Points: 1)Needs to be looking at somewhere that has a decent QB not somewhere that Wide receivers are in short supply as if he is as talented as we all think that won't be an issue! 2)Coach Hauck needs to take the high road and get past the "no comment" and wish him well, he could lose the team over something like this ... not saying he should encourage it but this is a rare and unique situation.

We’ve already got an OSU player retweeting the transfer news with a comment saying “We just upgraded.”

dupuyer griz said:
We got what we f###[#] deserved. Spring season is horseshit. Reaction to the virus is horseshit. We can see numerous conferences playing and doing fine with it. Pissed all that f###[#] money down the drain and people want to act like they’re f###[#] surprised this is happening now.

Not sure that with all the cancelled games in the Big-10, Pac-12, and SEC, that you can say these conferences are "doing fine" with playing this fall season.

GrizTexas said:

I strongly disagree with item 2. There’s no need for a public “congratulations” as the creates a culture of acceptance within the team. A culture that says “thanks for playing and you’re welcome to leave at any time :) “ I’d imagine Bobby and Samori have had some discussion around this and ultimately Bobby wishes him the best behind closed doors. Which is what should matter, right?

grizindabox said:
Ursus1 said:

Good job, you picked the ONE that made it. As for the "I" and "we" thing, don't be a douche. I would believe that not one of his teammates has an issue with him trying to prove himself with the big boys.

Bobby said it best, "your either in or out". Will miss you but bye bye and watch the door.

RainierGriz said:
GrizTexas said:

I strongly disagree with item 2. There’s no need for a public “congratulations” as the creates a culture of acceptance within the team. A culture that says “thanks for playing and you’re welcome to leave at any time :) “ I’d imagine Bobby and Samori have had some discussion around this and ultimately Bobby wishes him the best behind closed doors. Which is what should matter, right?

Couch Hauck would benefit strongly from some good PR. Doesn't need to agree with the decision nor the NCAA policy that allows this free agent movement but the "no comment" thing appears he is angry. He may be and nobody would blame him but this is when you establish culture; talk of commitment and what it means...just don't be angry in private and let everyone appear to know what is best or think they know what you are thinking!

Welcome to the club. COVID and the transfer portal adds up to trouble for teams with FCS stars.

Sac continues to lose players in addition to Kevin Thomson. 😡

As usual no one knows all the factors going into this decision except its what he and his family believes is best for his future. The guy has given his all for 4 years to the Griz and put his health on the line to career ending injury every snap on the field, snap in practice and scrimmage, and every practice drill. He stayed through a coaching change that uses, for the most part, an offense that passes less than the one for which he was recruited. The "team loyalty" card should be put away on this one.

He is an exciting player and I'm glad I was able to watch performances that elevated the teams' progress way ahead of most expectations.

Any and all bitchers might be well served to read the Serenity Prayer another time or two.

If the fall schedule was on he would be on the field for the Griz. But that ain't the reality.

Don't forget one or two new recruits who may turn out to be exceptional performers just got a hand up in the scholarship chase.

Good Luck Mr. Toure. I hope this move helps you reach your dreams.

Back