• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Today's press conference

kemajic said:
UpWithMontana37 said:
Is it because Lee Enterprises leans right and UM has a reputation as leaning left?
This is the first suggestion I have ever heard that the LE newspapers lean right. Fake news like almost all daily fishwrappers. A closer guess might be that football programs lean right and LE leans left.

As one who has dealt with editorial side of Lee Newspapers including the Missoulian over two decades I can tell you unequivocally that they are totally left. They would make the previous owners of Montana's major papers, the Anaconda Company, proud...their news sections are largely extensions of their op-ed pages.

PAGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
PAGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
You never played the game, and Kem and I did. Your extended comments have exposed yourself..

Your assertion that Hauck keeps talking about last season and the Cat loss to motivate players is too funny. Have you ever seen the inside of a locker
room?

Your last post shows that you are out of gas and have nothing. Just a Hauck Hater.

I must say, I love you sometimes. Lol
“You never played the game”.... that’s your security blanket. News flash, I did play and also coached and much more recent than you did, but I’ll be the first to say whether you played coached or both is irrelevant.

You come on here and criticize people for opinions opposite yours and when you can’t win on merit you go to the nonsensical” yuh never played the game”

You are arguing that a valid question a reporter asks about this weeks home game after the way last year ended is stupid because it was in the past.

Maybe you should take your own advice. Let the past be the past if it’s not relevant. You played football 100 years ago at a lower level than the very program we’re discussing. Yet it’s all we here from you.

Breaking news, Your a grown man. I am embarrassed for you. It’s mind blowing that you don’t realize how childish and stupid that statement is every time you use it to 99% of the people on here.

My guess is you were the kid that took his football and went home when he didn’t get his way.

Nope, I am just countering the continuing BS and Hauck Hating that comes from you.

You think saying someone never played the game is stupid and childish? I think your statement is wrong and stupid.

I played on a top 20 D-I team, 14th one year. Undefeated. Won Lambert Trophy as best ream In East. " " "
"Penn St was 2d that year. Their running backs were Lydell Mitchell and Franco Harris. My Teammates played in at least a half dozen post-season all star games including Hula Bowl, East-West Shrine Game and Coaches All-American Game."

So you think the team we are discussing is at a higher level than that. Man, you are stupid. You know little about the game, And obviously never played it at a high level.

"Penn St was 2d that year. Their running backs were Lydell Mitchell and Franco Harris. My Teammates played in at least a half dozen post-season all star games including Hula Bowl, East-West Shrine Game and Coaches All-American Game."

You just wrote an entire paragraph(above) of other peoples accomplishments to try and justify your losing arguments.......Mind Blowing, you cant make this stuff up.

You literally have been arguing here relentlessly about no looking to the past but thats all you ever do.
You keep telling people including myself that they(me) never played. You continually saying that isnt going to erase the fact that I did play the game. I don't make those dumb ass comments because it doesn't matter if you me or anyone else played the game.

There is virtually not 1 single thing in the game that is the same as it was in 1970. Literally nothing about how the game is coached, how its played, how practices are run, the equipment, recruiting, training, nothing is the same. Helmets are no longer made leather, Footballs are no longer made of pig skin, Helmets have face makes. Football shoes are no longer canvas. The single wing is no longer the predominant offense, the goal posts are no longer in the front of the end zone.

Sorry if im not impressed that you were on a team that finished #14 in the country in 1970. There should be an asterisk next to it.

How many ranked teams did you face that year? Nevermind, I know the answer: 0

How may non Ivy League teams did you play that year? never mind you played I know, 1, UMASS who was 4-5-1.

The ranking was token due to winning the ivy league and going undefeated. It wasn't based on strength of schedule, head to head opponents or common opponents. In fact not one team on your schedule even played let alone beat a ranked team.

I have not been arguing against looking at the past. I have been disagreeing with your statement that "everything" is based in the past. It is not. Of course, many things are based on or linked to the past, but many things aren't. That's my point, and that's why what you have been saying is wrong.

PAGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
kyle_sample said:
PlayerRep said:
It’s not a card. It’s my view when I can see posters saying odd things that don’t ring true for people who have played the game or understand the game.

Do you think Hauck and the coaches are using the Cat loss to motivate the team this year?

Also, I have never lost an argument, so no card has been necessary, yet.

Yes I absolutely think they are using the Cat loss to motivate the team. A friend of mine who is a booster got a tour of the new facility during the summer. He was really impressed with everything, but the number one thing he noticed was the Cat/Griz game was playing on one of the TVs, while all the rest were set to other stations. He was told that the game is playing on loop. Why would that be?

I am talking about now, not last summer.

Why do you think Hauck didn't want the question asked of Sneed? Why do you think some posters have said that Hauck had asked the reporter not to ask questions about that game or last season?

All kidding aside. I know your a smart guy. You as a lawyer know better than anyone the question wasnt about last year. It was about the home opener. The reporter did what all good reporters do, the same as any good attorney cross examining some one. He set the stage for his question about this weeks game. I would bet if the reporter asked Sneed simply How motivated are you to play the first game of the season, Sneed probably would have said something like, "Im excited to get back in front of our fans and give them something to be proud of. We were a young team last year. we made some mistakes. I cant way to show everyone how far we've come".

The question was not understandable to me. Like Hauck probably did, I took the link to last year to be a dig at the Griz.

No, I don't think Sneed would have said anything about last year, had he been asked the more simple question you suggested.

PAGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
PAGriz, let's seeing you playing and coaching pedigree. Or, are you embarrassed to provide it?

What are you 70 going on 2.

I have enough confidence in my self(unlike you) that I dont need to name drop or give my resume or in your case other peoples resumes on a football forum especially to you.

To you and kemajic - I have no displeaseure regarding Hauck. I am actually really enjoying this. Bobby Boy could jump in a car, drive down town, run over 3 old ladies walking down the side walk and you two clowns would be on here writing 20 pages of how somehow it was the old ladies fault.

Again back to topic-The reporter asked a valid question about the mid set of the team going into THIS WEEKS first home after the way last year ended. Thats looking forward not backward. Looking back wards would be questioning a play call from year or asking if they could have made different adjustments in the Montana State game last year.

Its mind blowing that anybody would have an issue with this. In light of Kyles comment about the last years game playing in the locker room kemajic responds by saying its in house and not meant for public consumption. Thats exactly why the question was asked this week. Everybody knows, especially if the EVER PLAYED THE GAME, revenge and redemption are huge motivating factors in football especially for the guys who played last year.
But in typical fashion you tow numb nuts race to the other side of the argument when its learned that Bobby has the game running on a loop in the locker room. This fact alone makes Bobby's reaction to the question even more hypocritical. It just proves the contempt Bobby has for the press and the more importantly the fans. Not only is he an ego maniac, we now know he is a lying egomaniac thanks to good reporting. If not for the question by a reporter this thread would have never been started and we wouldnt have known about it.

Actually, I have complete confidence in myself, so I am not afraid to say what I want. And take on people like you.

I don't think you have any football playing or coaching credentials at any meaningful level. If you did, or had any confidence, you would state them.

No, the reporter did not ask a valid question. That's the whole point of this discussion, and why Hauck reacted the way he did. The reporter didn't even ask a question that made any sense.

Sample's comment was from the summer. I'm talking about this fall. Do you not understand that difference. Also, I don't think Sample knows what he's talking about on this either.

Sorry, you and I just don't agree on this. I know I played the game. Am doubting you.

Do you not know the difference between the weight room and the locker room?

So, Hauck has contempt for the media and the fans, and is an ego maniac? Enough said. You are, and always have been a Hauck Hater.

there is a difference between the summer and the fall? There is a difference between the weight room and the locker room??? holy crap. your friend, yogi

yogi said:
there is a difference between the summer and the fall? There is a difference between the weight room and the locker room??? holy crap. your friend, yogi

Finally, someone who gets it. You must have played the game. Ha.

Bobby Hauck wasn't being a dick. Bobby Hauck is a dick.

Just accept it and move on.

I was going to suggest that people should just embrace it but I didn't want to confuse many of you.

Ursa Major said:
Bobby Hauck wasn't being a dick. Bobby Hauck is a dick.

Just accept it and move on.

I was going to suggest that people should just embrace it but I didn't want to confuse many of you.

Hauck is a great guy. He can sometimes be testy to people who deserve it. I'm fine with that.

John Manning <[email protected]>
6:00 PM (4 hours ago)

to me

This is how sportswriters in small markets should be.

"Sid Luckman’s feats on the gridiron have been reported in detail. But few know the Bears’ legendary quarterback was the son of a murderer."

"The young athlete would go on to shine at Columbia University and help revolutionize professional football as the star quarterback of the Chicago Bears. But ... “not once, from the late 1930s on, did any reporter, in the sports or any other department, refer to Sid Luckman as the son of a convicted murderer.”

"When he [the dad] died of heart failure at Sing Sing in 1944, the story made the New York newspapers, but none made any mention of the famous football player who survived him."

"Halas spotted the young man’s talent when Luckman was playing for Columbia, and together they pioneered the T-formation and the forward pass, turning football toward the game we know today."

"On a February day in 1936, a Brooklyn, N.Y., jury found Meyer Luckman, a trucking-company owner, guilty of second-degree murder. Luckman had been accused of participating in a particularly grisly crime—the beating death of his wife’s brother, apparently for embezzling from the family company. Sitting in the courtroom that day, just behind Luckman, was his son Sid, a student celebrated on the sports pages in New York for his feats as a high-school tailback."

"Widely admired in Chicago, he [Luckman, the qb] lived a long and seemingly happy life, dying in 1998 at the age of 81. His gravestone in Skokie, Ill., reads, “I had it all. I did it all. I loved it all.”

In a much smaller way, I feel the same.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/tough-luck-review-keeping-mum-about-dad-11567636677?shareToken=st644f56dba67b450f9a9a1cd461701429&reflink=article_email_share

Back