• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Today's press conference

grizindabox said:
Not sure this gets to 17.

Depends if they keep using the quote feature, some of those posts are a mile long and growing.

Hopefully Bobby beats up a reporter next week and keeps this alive.

jodcon said:
grizindabox said:

Depends if they keep using the quote feature, some of those posts are a mile long and growing.

That's like democrats hoping for a recession.

jodcon said:
grizindabox said:

I don't know. We wouldn't want to lose him to Congress.

Htowngriz said:
jodcon said:
grizindabox said:

That was solid.

kemajic said:
jodcon said:
grizindabox said:

That's like democrats hoping for a recession.

You know what they say about train wrecks, just can't look away no matter how hard you try

PAGriz said:
Do you and playerrep share The poster of Bobby almighty oiled up in a speedo or do you each have your own? Serious question.
PR and I are not always aligned; on this we are. We are fortunate to have BH back leading the program and we are football smart enough to recognize that he has the program headed back in the right direction, which far out-trumps any presser discussion. You? Your butthurt seems to go beyond a BH presser in spite of what you say. Way too much energy for just that. I explained our support for BH; please share with us your real displeasure.

PlayerRep said:
The.Real.2506 said:
PAGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
You never played the game, and Kem and I did. Your extended comments have exposed yourself..

Your assertion that Hauck keeps talking about last season and the Cat loss to motivate players is too funny. Have you ever seen the inside of a locker
room?

Your last post shows that you are out of gas and have nothing. Just a Hauck Hater.

I must say, I love you sometimes. Lol
“You never played the game”.... that’s your security blanket. News flash, I did play and also coached and much more recent than you did, but I’ll be the first to say whether you played coached or both is irrelevant.

You come on here and criticize people for opinions opposite yours and when you can’t win on merit you go to the nonsensical” yuh never played the game”

You are arguing that a valid question a reporter asks about this weeks home game after the way last year ended is stupid because it was in the past.

Maybe you should take your own advice. Let the past be the past if it’s not relevant. You played football 100 years ago at a lower level than the very program we’re discussing. Yet it’s all we here from you.

Breaking news, Your a grown man. I am embarrassed for you. It’s mind blowing that you don’t realize how childish and stupid that statement is every time you use it to 99% of the people on here.

My guess is you were the kid that took his football and went home when he didn’t get his way.

“You never played the game” is the egriz equivalent of "your racist"

First card PR plays when he is losing an argument

It’s not a card. It’s my view when I can see posters saying odd things that don’t ring true for people who have played the game or understand the game.

Do you think Hauck and the coaches are using the Cat loss to motivate the team this year?

Also, I have never lost an argument, so no card has been necessary, yet.

Yes I absolutely think they are using the Cat loss to motivate the team. A friend of mine who is a booster got a tour of the new facility during the summer. He was really impressed with everything, but the number one thing he noticed was the Cat/Griz game was playing on one of the TVs, while all the rest were set to other stations. He was told that the game is playing on loop. Why would that be?

kyle_sample said:
Yes I absolutely think they are using the Cat loss to motivate the team. A friend of mine who is a booster got a tour of the new facility during the summer. He was really impressed with everything, but the number one thing he noticed was the Cat/Griz game was playing on one of the TVs, while all the rest were set to other stations. He was told that the game is playing on loop. Why would that be?
Of course, in-house. Not privy or a discussion topic to have with an unrespected reporter. Two very different things.

PlayerRep said:
PAGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
PAGriz said:
Coming from you??? An unbiased poster lol

Do you and playerrep share The poster of Bobby almighty oiled up in a speedo or do you each have your own? Serious question.

You never played the game, and Kem and I did. Your extended comments have exposed yourself..

Your assertion that Hauck keeps talking about last season and the Cat loss to motivate players is too funny. Have you ever seen the inside of a locker
room?

Your last post shows that you are out of gas and have nothing. Just a Hauck Hater.

“You never played the game”.... that’s your security blanket. News flash, I did play and also coached and much more recent than you did, but I’ll be the first to say whether you played coached or both is irrelevant.

You come on here and criticize people for opinions opposite yours and when you can’t win on merit you go to the nonsensical” yuh never played the game”

You are arguing that a valid question a reporter asks about this weeks home game after the way last year ended is stupid because it was in the past.

Maybe you should take your own advice. Let the past be the past if it’s not relevant. You played football 100 years ago at a lower level than the very program we’re discussing. Yet it’s all we here from you.

Breaking news, Your a grown man. I am embarrassed for you. It’s mind blowing that you don’t realize how childish and stupid that statement is every time you use it to 99% of the people on here.

My guess is you were the kid that took his football and went home when he didn’t get his way.

Nope, I am just countering the continuing BS and Hauck Hating that comes from you.

You think saying someone never played the game is stupid and childish? I think your statement is wrong and stupid.

I played on a top 20 D-I team, 14th one year. Undefeated. Won Lambert Trophy as best ream In East. " " "
"Penn St was 2d that year. Their running backs were Lydell Mitchell and Franco Harris. My Teammates played in at least a half dozen post-season all star games including Hula Bowl, East-West Shrine Game and Coaches All-American Game."

So you think the team we are discussing is at a higher level than that. Man, you are stupid. You know little about the game, And obviously never played it at a high level.

"Penn St was 2d that year. Their running backs were Lydell Mitchell and Franco Harris. My Teammates played in at least a half dozen post-season all star games including Hula Bowl, East-West Shrine Game and Coaches All-American Game."

You just wrote an entire paragraph(above) of other peoples accomplishments to try and justify your losing arguments.......Mind Blowing, you cant make this stuff up.

You literally have been arguing here relentlessly about no looking to the past but thats all you ever do.
You keep telling people including myself that they(me) never played. You continually saying that isnt going to erase the fact that I did play the game. I don't make those dumb ass comments because it doesn't matter if you me or anyone else played the game.

There is virtually not 1 single thing in the game that is the same as it was in 1970. Literally nothing about how the game is coached, how its played, how practices are run, the equipment, recruiting, training, nothing is the same. Helmets are no longer made leather, Footballs are no longer made of pig skin, Helmets have face makes. Football shoes are no longer canvas. The single wing is no longer the predominant offense, the goal posts are no longer in the front of the end zone.

Sorry if im not impressed that you were on a team that finished #14 in the country in 1970. There should be an asterisk next to it.

How many ranked teams did you face that year? Nevermind, I know the answer: 0

How may non Ivy League teams did you play that year? never mind you played I know, 1, UMASS who was 4-5-1.

The ranking was token due to winning the ivy league and going undefeated. It wasn't based on strength of schedule, head to head opponents or common opponents. In fact not one team on your schedule even played let alone beat a ranked team.

Htowngriz said:
jodcon said:
grizindabox said:

:clap: :lol: :lol:

But this thread....

:roll:

jodcon said:
grizindabox said:

I hope a reporter asks Sneed, "How great was it to play at home after playing on the road last week?", and Bobby goes up to the reporter, lifts up a haunch and rips an absolutely filthy wet phatty right under his nose.

PAGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
PAGriz said:
kemajic said:
This, from the self-proclaimed unbiased poster. Uh-huh.....

Coming from you??? An unbiased poster lol

room?

Never played the game is minor internet trash-talking.

CDAGRIZ said:
jodcon said:
grizindabox said:

I hope a reporter asks Sneed, "How great was it to play at home after playing on the road last week?", and Bobby goes up to the reporter, lifts up a haunch and rips an absolutely filthy wet phatty right under his nose.

I wonder if Sneed has a schnauzer

kyle_sample said:
PlayerRep said:
The.Real.2506 said:
PAGriz said:

It’s not a card. It’s my view when I can see posters saying odd things that don’t ring true for people who have played the game or understand the game.

Do you think Hauck and the coaches are using the Cat loss to motivate the team this year?

I am talking about now, not last summer.

Why do you think Hauck didn't want the question asked of Sneed? Why do you think some posters have said that Hauck had asked the reporter not to ask questions about that game or last season?

PAGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
PAGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

room?

Nope, I am just countering the continuing BS and Hauck Hating that comes from you.

You think saying someone never played the game is stupid and childish? I think your statement is wrong and stupid.

I played on a top 20 D-I team, 14th one year. Undefeated. Won Lambert Trophy as best ream In East. " " "

So you think the team we are discussing is at a higher level than that. Man, you are stupid. You know little about the game, And obviously never played it at a high level.

You just wrote an entire paragraph(above) of other peoples accomplishments to try and justify your losing arguments.......Mind Blowing, you cant make this stuff up.

You literally have been arguing here relentlessly about no looking to the past but thats all you ever do.
You keep telling people including myself that they(me) never played. You continually saying that isnt going to erase the fact that I did play the game. I don't make those dumb ass comments because it doesn't matter if you me or anyone else played the game.

There is virtually not 1 single thing in the game that is the same as it was in 1970. Literally nothing about how the game is coached, how its played, how practices are run, the equipment, recruiting, training, nothing is the same. Helmets are no longer made leather, Footballs are no longer made of pig skin, Helmets have face makes. Football shoes are no longer canvas. The single wing is no longer the predominant offense, the goal posts are no longer in the front of the end zone.

Sorry if im not impressed that you were on a team that finished #14 in the country in 1970. There should be an asterisk next to it.

How many ranked teams did you face that year? Nevermind, I know the answer: 0

How may non Ivy League teams did you play that year? never mind you played I know, 1, UMASS who was 4-5-1.

The ranking was token due to winning the ivy league and going undefeated. It wasn't based on strength of schedule, head to head opponents or common opponents. In fact not one team on your schedule even played let alone beat a ranked team.

The game has evolved, but it's still the same game. Franco Harris would still be a total stud if he played now. None of this was true when I played: "Helmets are no longer made leather, Footballs are no longer made of pig skin, Helmets have face makes. Football shoes are no longer canvas. The single wing is no longer the predominant offense, the goal posts are no longer in the front of the end zone." Do you think this is funny?

We actually played a team ranked ahead of us in the top 20.

This writer named the Dartmouth-Yale game as one of the top 50 of all-time:

"Game of the Year of the Day, 1970: Dartmouth 10, Yale 0

Bob Blackmon’s 1970 Dartmouth Indians: one of the 50 best* of all time."

"This was a 10-point game, but it was as close to a 35-point Dartmouth win as a Yale win. Yardage: 480-190. First downs: 25-11. This was dominant, and it was only the start. Blackman’s squad would finish the season crushing Columbia, Cornell, and Penn by a combined 107-0. The Indians finished 14th in the AP poll and won the Lambert Trophy. And the level of domination here suggested that this was a legitimate top-10 or top-15 team, not simply a mid-major that won all of its games."

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2017/5/9/15582206/1970-dartmouth-football-bob-blackman-yale

Two Sports Illustrated articles.

https://www.si.com/vault/1970/11/09/612364/just-ask-the-tailgate-set-who-is-no-1

"With both Dartmouth and Yale unbeaten and rated nationally not only in both of the wire-service polls but also in the NCAA statistics, the largest crowd to see a non-Harvard game at Yale Bowl since Army was there in 1954 assembled on one of those crackling red-and-gold New England afternoons that helped to make football popular in the first place. A large part of the conversation was somewhat defensive, with people assuring one another that this whole thing was really great, that Dartmouth and Yale could certainly perform respectably against Ohio State or Texas or anybody else, and that Ivy League football, after all, is played by students. So without question in the minds of the 60,820 people who had come to watch it, this Yale-Dartmouth match was going to settle at least the amateur college football championship of the season."

"Tim Copper was the best punt returner in the country this side of Nebraska’s Johnny Rodgers."

https://www.si.com/vault/1987/08/31/106778145/a-big-year-for-big-green

"It was the cradle of football, and a number of its players have excelled in the NFL—Calvin Hill, Ed Marinaro, Gary Fencik and Nick Lowery, for example [also, Dick Jauron played in this Yale game]...."

One thing you certainly don't expect in the Ivy League is a nationally ranked team, but that's what coach Bob Blackman fielded at Dartmouth in 1970. That year Dartmouth was undefeated and untied, producing such outstanding stats that it was ranked 14th in both the AP and UPI final polls, ahead of Oklahoma, Penn State and Southern Cal. Dartmouth's 9-0 record included six shutouts—four in a row to end the season. Among major colleges that year Dartmouth ranked second in total defense and sixth in total offense, and led the country in scoring defense.

Nevertheless, when Dartmouth was awarded the Lambert Trophy as the best team in the East, Penn State coach Joe Paterno felt obliged to register a tongue-in-cheek protest. Paterno suggested—through the press—that Dartmouth and Penn State play each other to determine which was really the top Eastern team. Responded Blackman, "Of course, Coach Paterno knows that under Ivy League rules we're not allowed to play in a postseason game, but if we were allowed to play a postseason contest, I would prefer to play a team that had a better record," a dig at the Nittany Lions' 7-3."

After you've read this post and the articles, or at least the two SI articles, report back to us. Let us know if you have heard of Oklahoma, Penn State and Southern Cal, or Johnny Rodgers or Callvin Hlll or Ed Marinaro, who led the nation in rush that year, was runner up for the Heisman the next year, and played in two Super Bowls for the Vikings.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to showcase my team. Much appreciated.

PlayerRep said:
kyle_sample said:
PlayerRep said:
The.Real.2506 said:

Why do you think Hauck didn't want the question asked of Sneed? Why do you think some posters have said that Hauck had asked the reporter not to ask questions about that game or last season?

Because Hauck operates under his own rules because he knows he can. Do you think he cares what his boss says to him. He only answers to his contract. I don't think this is news to anyone

The other thing that is going unmentioned is this is purely his disdain for this one reporter. He's just annoyed by Frank

PlayerRep said:
PAGriz, let's seeing you playing and coaching pedigree. Or, are you embarrassed to provide it?

What are you 70 going on 2.

I have enough confidence in my self(unlike you) that I dont need to name drop or give my resume or in your case other peoples resumes on a football forum especially to you.

To you and kemajic - I have no displeaseure regarding Hauck. I am actually really enjoying this. Bobby Boy could jump in a car, drive down town, run over 3 old ladies walking down the side walk and you two clowns would be on here writing 20 pages of how somehow it was the old ladies fault.

Again back to topic-The reporter asked a valid question about the mid set of the team going into THIS WEEKS first home after the way last year ended. Thats looking forward not backward. Looking back wards would be questioning a play call from year or asking if they could have made different adjustments in the Montana State game last year.

Its mind blowing that anybody would have an issue with this. In light of Kyles comment about the last years game playing in the locker room kemajic responds by saying its in house and not meant for public consumption. Thats exactly why the question was asked this week. Everybody knows, especially if the EVER PLAYED THE GAME, revenge and redemption are huge motivating factors in football especially for the guys who played last year.
But in typical fashion you tow numb nuts race to the other side of the argument when its learned that Bobby has the game running on a loop in the locker room. This fact alone makes Bobby's reaction to the question even more hypocritical. It just proves the contempt Bobby has for the press and the more importantly the fans. Not only is he an ego maniac, we now know he is a lying egomaniac thanks to good reporting. If not for the question by a reporter this thread would have never been started and we wouldnt have known about it.

PlayerRep said:
kyle_sample said:
PlayerRep said:
The.Real.2506 said:

All kidding aside. I know your a smart guy. You as a lawyer know better than anyone the question wasnt about last year. It was about the home opener. The reporter did what all good reporters do, the same as any good attorney cross examining some one. He set the stage for his question about this weeks game. I would bet if the reporter asked Sneed simply How motivated are you to play the first game of the season, Sneed probably would have said something like, "Im excited to get back in front of our fans and give them something to be proud of. We were a young team last year. we made some mistakes. I cant way to show everyone how far we've come".

Latest posts

Back