• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Today's press conference

montanaguy said:
My two bits: Hauck might have answered the 'offending question' differently if it had initially been directed to him The fact that it was directed at a player is what brought the fire out, in my humble opinion. No, I don't personally know Bobby. I'm basing this on a coach protecting his players like a parent sometimes jumps on someone calling their kid out. Maybe a little over-reaction, but - Papa bear kind of deal. He's entitled to that, in my opinion.

..this is way players love to play on a team with Hauck..who cares if he got a little snarky..he
will fight for his players..players love to play with a coach like this..who knows the Haucks in
there formal life were probably Norwegian Vikings...lets get this train rolling and have a big
win on Saturday!

PAGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
PAGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
I view it differently. You seem to be a Hauck Hater, in minor disguise. You have been bashing Hauck since you signed up for egriz under this name. You seem to have an axe to grind.

Sure, the last offensive play of the season last year was horrible, and led to the loss. It was not an epic failure. Nothing even close to that. It was a new coach and staff and a team that didn't have enough talent or depth. The team played fairly well for much of the year, and certainly in the first 3 quarters of games. The team didn't have the depth or talent, or running ability, to finish games. This year looks very different, based on one game.

Again, a starter from the 2017 team told me that the 2018 overachieved, in his opinion, and based on the lack of talent and depth. Not that they didn't a lot of very good players, but not enough. This opinion means more to mean that anything from you, or anyone else on egriz for that matter.

You told us that Hauck didn't have the locker room last year. That was wrong. It was good last year, and even better this year.

Press conferences are held to give the media info. The media in turn provides some of the info in their releases, articles and shows. The media gets their info from many other sources. No coach answers every question. Many coaches protect their players from the media or certain questions.

If reporters want good answers and cooperation, they should ask good questions and show some respect and not be adversarial, at least in a small market and town like this. This is common sense.

Several home losses in the playoffs were much worse endings for me, than last year. Delaware, U Mass, Woffird. The national championshi; losses. The expectations of victory were much higher in those games.

One more thing. I'm not so sure that Hauck is bringing up last year and the ending of the last game. It happened. Everyone knows it. It wasn't nice. Now, the team needs to prepare for the future, and not look back. It seems to have done that and be doing it My sophomore year, we lost our undefeated season in our last game. Got clobbered. We played the same team in the 3d game the next year. No coach or player said a word about the prior year's game. We all knew what had happened. We won 38-0 the following year, and it could've been 50-0 if the coach had played the starters for more than one series the second half.

Im not a Hauck hater. I am not a fan either. I just like to call balls and strikes. Last season was far worse than the season before and Stitt was fired for that.

You say he didnt lose the locker room last year. I think he did. They are both opinions not facts. Aside from the things I heard, I based my opinion more on the way the season unfolded. I also played the game. When a team collapses like this one did last year its usually a sign that not all is well behind the scenes.

Winning at home 22-7 against your in state rival going into the 3rd quarter and giving up 22 fourth quarter points is an epic collapse.

Everything in life has a basis in the past. You should know this better than anyone. There is a precedent for every legal case. You know the the old saying"History repeats itself".
Without remembering what caused you to fail in the past and what it feels like when you do you, are destined to make the same mistakes again.

Watch the presser again. Sneed was willing to answer the question. It would have been nice to hear what he was going to say. It would have been good for the fans. I'll bet he would have said something that would have gotten the fan base fired up. Something like," I think about the way the season played out and the way it felt everyday. It was a fluke and I will do everything in my power that never happens again. Our fans deserve better and were going to give it to them!"

It could have been a great moment but Haucks ego got in the way......again.

My guess is thats exactly how that kid feels. Hes a gamer. Despite the fact of how the QB situation went last year, and I was a critic of how it played out. He won me over by his efforts on the field. He is a gamer.

1) Stitt was fired for 3 mediocre seasons and a distinct downward trend. That comment of yours shows your bias against Hauck. No, last season's first season of Hauck's return was not "worse" than Stitt's last year, in my view.

2) It is a fact that Hauck didn't even come close to losing the locker room last year. Not even close. The locker room was good for the most part, and most of the guys bought into Hauck's program.

3) Most of the 4th quarter losses were collapses, by definition. You can call it epic, if you want. I call it a tough loss, by an undermanned team that was fighting and playing hard, but just didn't have enough horses or depth. You must throw the word epic around a lot. I don't.

4) No, everything doesn't have a basis in the past. And creating a winning program and season comes mostly from looking forward after examining the reasons for the loss and prior season. It requires fixing things, working hard, improving, being positive and looking ahead. As a far. I don't even look at replays of losses if I haven't seen the game live or on tv in real time. I put it behind, and look ahead.

5) Do you think Hauck or anyone on the team doesn't know what had to be improved this year? Do you think Eastwood doesn't recall that he fumbled, and guys missed their blocks on that play, and they need to be reminded this year? I sure don't.

6) The point is not that Sneed wouldn't have answered the question; the point is that Hauck apparently doesn't want the team looking backwards and answering questions about last year. Probably part of his mental and psychological preparation for this year.

7) Don't think the Hauck comment had anything to do with his ego. It came from his view and preparation of how to best prepare the team to win and keep winning this year.

I dont know where you come up with this shit. Ill take them one paragraph at a time.

1) Stitt wasnt fired for three mediocre seasons and a distinct downward trend. He was fired becasue the boosters threatened Haslam. The fact is the 2107 season(Stitts final) was the definition of overachieving. They played a much more difficult schedule than last year. They went 7-4 with one of the losses coming at the hand of UW. They won a game to a ranked NAU team with a WR at QB and they played all but 3 games with a freshman QB that hadnt taken any first team reps until he forced into action.

2) You saying Hauck didnt loose the locker room is no different then me saying he did. You talked to people who said he didnt. I talked to some who said he did. Clearly something was a miss when you lose the final 3 home games of the season and one of them is the doormat of the conference.

3) Your damn straight it was an epic collapse. You know it all. Give me the last time a Griz team lost their final 3 home games of the year to finish a season. Better yet when was the last time a griz team lost 3 home games at all in a season? Would you prefer I use the word historic?

4) Yes everything does have a basis in the past. You cant fix things and improve on things if you dont look back on what was broken or not working.

5) Yes, I think they do need to be reminded. Its unacceptable. Its called preparation. Its called reviewing the past and finding out what was broken, what was done wrong and how to fix it. It doesnt need to be beaten into them. We arent in the locker room everyday. We dont get to ask the questions every day. We are talking about a reporter who isnt in the locker room everyday asking a question at the first post game press conference of the year prior to the fist home game of the year.

6) Hauck should have let him answer. He wasnt asking a question about last year. He was asking a question about this years home opener and the mindset going in after how last season ended. I question about last year would have been something, "Do you wish you had called a different play that the end of the Montana State game?" I would have had a problem with that.

7) It absolutely was his ego. I am ok with that. Just dont deny it. He was dick and thats fine but thats exactly what it was.
This, from the self-proclaimed unbiased poster. Uh-huh.....

kemajic said:
PAGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
PAGriz said:
Im not a Hauck hater. I am not a fan either. I just like to call balls and strikes. Last season was far worse than the season before and Stitt was fired for that.

You say he didnt lose the locker room last year. I think he did. They are both opinions not facts. Aside from the things I heard, I based my opinion more on the way the season unfolded. I also played the game. When a team collapses like this one did last year its usually a sign that not all is well behind the scenes.

Winning at home 22-7 against your in state rival going into the 3rd quarter and giving up 22 fourth quarter points is an epic collapse.

Everything in life has a basis in the past. You should know this better than anyone. There is a precedent for every legal case. You know the the old saying"History repeats itself".
Without remembering what caused you to fail in the past and what it feels like when you do you, are destined to make the same mistakes again.

Watch the presser again. Sneed was willing to answer the question. It would have been nice to hear what he was going to say. It would have been good for the fans. I'll bet he would have said something that would have gotten the fan base fired up. Something like," I think about the way the season played out and the way it felt everyday. It was a fluke and I will do everything in my power that never happens again. Our fans deserve better and were going to give it to them!"

It could have been a great moment but Haucks ego got in the way......again.

My guess is thats exactly how that kid feels. Hes a gamer. Despite the fact of how the QB situation went last year, and I was a critic of how it played out. He won me over by his efforts on the field. He is a gamer.

1) Stitt was fired for 3 mediocre seasons and a distinct downward trend. That comment of yours shows your bias against Hauck. No, last season's first season of Hauck's return was not "worse" than Stitt's last year, in my view.

2) It is a fact that Hauck didn't even come close to losing the locker room last year. Not even close. The locker room was good for the most part, and most of the guys bought into Hauck's program.

3) Most of the 4th quarter losses were collapses, by definition. You can call it epic, if you want. I call it a tough loss, by an undermanned team that was fighting and playing hard, but just didn't have enough horses or depth. You must throw the word epic around a lot. I don't.

4) No, everything doesn't have a basis in the past. And creating a winning program and season comes mostly from looking forward after examining the reasons for the loss and prior season. It requires fixing things, working hard, improving, being positive and looking ahead. As a far. I don't even look at replays of losses if I haven't seen the game live or on tv in real time. I put it behind, and look ahead.

5) Do you think Hauck or anyone on the team doesn't know what had to be improved this year? Do you think Eastwood doesn't recall that he fumbled, and guys missed their blocks on that play, and they need to be reminded this year? I sure don't.

6) The point is not that Sneed wouldn't have answered the question; the point is that Hauck apparently doesn't want the team looking backwards and answering questions about last year. Probably part of his mental and psychological preparation for this year.

7) Don't think the Hauck comment had anything to do with his ego. It came from his view and preparation of how to best prepare the team to win and keep winning this year.

I dont know where you come up with this shit. Ill take them one paragraph at a time.

1) Stitt wasnt fired for three mediocre seasons and a distinct downward trend. He was fired becasue the boosters threatened Haslam. The fact is the 2107 season(Stitts final) was the definition of overachieving. They played a much more difficult schedule than last year. They went 7-4 with one of the losses coming at the hand of UW. They won a game to a ranked NAU team with a WR at QB and they played all but 3 games with a freshman QB that hadnt taken any first team reps until he forced into action.

2) You saying Hauck didnt loose the locker room is no different then me saying he did. You talked to people who said he didnt. I talked to some who said he did. Clearly something was a miss when you lose the final 3 home games of the season and one of them is the doormat of the conference.

3) Your damn straight it was an epic collapse. You know it all. Give me the last time a Griz team lost their final 3 home games of the year to finish a season. Better yet when was the last time a griz team lost 3 home games at all in a season? Would you prefer I use the word historic?

4) Yes everything does have a basis in the past. You cant fix things and improve on things if you dont look back on what was broken or not working.

5) Yes, I think they do need to be reminded. Its unacceptable. Its called preparation. Its called reviewing the past and finding out what was broken, what was done wrong and how to fix it. It doesnt need to be beaten into them. We arent in the locker room everyday. We dont get to ask the questions every day. We are talking about a reporter who isnt in the locker room everyday asking a question at the first post game press conference of the year prior to the fist home game of the year.

6) Hauck should have let him answer. He wasnt asking a question about last year. He was asking a question about this years home opener and the mindset going in after how last season ended. I question about last year would have been something, "Do you wish you had called a different play that the end of the Montana State game?" I would have had a problem with that.

7) It absolutely was his ego. I am ok with that. Just dont deny it. He was dick and thats fine but thats exactly what it was.

Coming from you??? An unbiased poster lol

Do you and playerrep share The poster of Bobby almighty oiled up in a speedo or do you each have your own? Serious question.

How is this even a thing? Seriously. I feel bad for anyone, particularly if in the press, that can’t handle a small bit a sternness in someone’s voice. This was nothing. What happens when they face real adversity. “Oh, but he may have hurt his feelings.” Good lord.

The road to #RTD is littered with the corpses of commie reporters covered in their own daily fishwrappers.

It’s also littered with unlit cigars. Bobby likes to chew on them but there’s no smoking in the Caddy

PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
kyle_sample said:
It's not a great question by any means, but it is a legitimate question after UM lost the last three games at home in pretty embarrassing fashion and are preparing to play at home for the first time since what is an epic debacle compared to the standard the program had set at home.
A legitimate question when the topic is a review of the Montana 2018 season. When the topic is to review last Saturday's game and preparation for the upcoming game this week, not so much. I view it as narrative-driven, which is what I suspect BH viewed it.

I agree. I just don't see any connection whatsoever between playing the second game at home after a road win, and last season. Zero.

How about: Are you looking forward to playing the first game at home? That's a softball.

Not: After you lost to the Cats last year the way you did, and also lost other home games, what do you think of playing at home? Do you think the team can do any better at home this year than they did last year?

His question is: "How excited are you to play at home after the way last season ended?" Pretty harmless

PAGriz said:
kemajic said:
PAGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Do you and playerrep share The poster of Bobby almighty oiled up in a speedo or do you each have your own? Serious question.

You never played the game, and Kem and I did. Your extended comments have exposed yourself..

Your assertion that Hauck keeps talking about last season and the Cat loss to motivate players is too funny. Have you ever seen the inside of a locker
room?

Your last post shows that you are out of gas and have nothing. Just a Hauck Hater.

kyle_sample said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
kyle_sample said:
It's not a great question by any means, but it is a legitimate question after UM lost the last three games at home in pretty embarrassing fashion and are preparing to play at home for the first time since what is an epic debacle compared to the standard the program had set at home.
A legitimate question when the topic is a review of the Montana 2018 season. When the topic is to review last Saturday's game and preparation for the upcoming game this week, not so much. I view it as narrative-driven, which is what I suspect BH viewed it.

I agree. I just don't see any connection whatsoever between playing the second game at home after a road win, and last season. Zero.

How about: Are you looking forward to playing the first game at home? That's a softball.

Not: After you lost to the Cats last year the way you did, and also lost other home games, what do you think of playing at home? Do you think the team can do any better at home this year than they did last year?

His question is: "How excited are you to play at home after the way last season ended?" Pretty harmless

What does the last part add? What does it mean? Why say it? Was the reporter trying to offend
the coach?

I would think print writers would understand words.

I don’t know Frank, but is he an idiot. I suppose I must have read what he’s written, but
don’t recall. Must be a pretty unremarkable.

What’s his story?

Why does a sportswriter in this town go
out of his way to irk coaches?

Did you keep asking Travis why he let his team get beat by EWU the following year? “After letting Eastern beat you for the championship last year, are you excited to be playing at home?”
Just a softball question.

CDAGRIZ said:
argh! said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Maybe Bobby could just provide a list of questions he’s willing to answer each week.

absolutely! it isn't like he's a paid public employee, or anything. sheesh, the nerve of those pesky people, asking a question bobby is not comfortable with answering, because he'd have to admit the shitty record from last year. especially when it was stitt's fault, and will take 5-7 years to fix.
Of
:lol:
I'm a bit more on coach's side on this one, but this was pretty funny.

I honestly still can't see much wrong with how he answered, but I agree with some that he maybe could've used a different tone given how the sports media will run with something if it feels slighted in the least.

That said, I don't think the local Missoula sports media is all that awful when it comes to coach relations. This "incident" was very benign. I've mentioned it before, but I've seen the worst of it with the TJ Simers/Mora battles at UCLA. Simers would poke and prod Mora (once even accusing him of throwing the last regular season game against Stanford so they could play Stanford for the PAC Championship the following week instead of Oregon), and would then run back to his computer to write a scathing "who, me?" opinion piece when Mora didn't give him the answers he wanted.

Seriously, check this video out, think about how BH might react, and maybe be thankful we don't have people like this asking BH the questions.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP-tB87BOx0[/media]

What an event that would be to watch Simers and Hauck at a presser. Lol That’s what made Bobby look so dickish is that Frank is a freaking teenage girl in aggressiveness (sorry Frank but you are) Frank needs to watch the mora presser 100 times and learn it live it be it. Don’t let some college coach shut you down. As the Don said to J.Fontain “you can be a man”. Fuck ask some hard questions and find out what is really happening in the locker room, benchings, injuries and players leaving and don’t be put off keep asking until it gets answered. Otherwise these pressers with softball questions really get boring. And Bobby in my opinion looks weak when he over reacts to a guy like Frank, makes him look small and petty like a control freak. Saban and belichek come off irritated but aloof with no bitchy edge to it un like our Bobby does. Earn respect don’t be a dick just because you are a big ego in a small market. What are there like 3 or 4 reporters at these things? It’s like a dysfunctional family dinner and Bobby is the elephant in the room raging.

PlayerRep said:
PAGriz said:
kemajic said:
PAGriz said:

You never played the game, and Kem and I did. Your extended comments have exposed yourself..

Your assertion that Hauck keeps talking about last season and the Cat loss to motivate players is too funny. Have you ever seen the inside of a locker
room?

Your last post shows that you are out of gas and have nothing. Just a Hauck Hater.

I must say, I love you sometimes. Lol
“You never played the game”.... that’s your security blanket. News flash, I did play and also coached and much more recent than you did, but I’ll be the first to say whether you played coached or both is irrelevant.

You come on here and criticize people for opinions opposite yours and when you can’t win on merit you go to the nonsensical” yuh never played the game”

You are arguing that a valid question a reporter asks about this weeks home game after the way last year ended is stupid because it was in the past.

Maybe you should take your own advice. Let the past be the past if it’s not relevant. You played football 100 years ago at a lower level than the very program we’re discussing. Yet it’s all we here from you.

Breaking news, Your a grown man. I am embarrassed for you. It’s mind blowing that you don’t realize how childish and stupid that statement is every time you use it to 99% of the people on here.

My guess is you were the kid that took his football and went home when he didn’t get his way.

PAGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
PAGriz said:
kemajic said:

room?

“You never played the game”.... that’s your security blanket. News flash, I did play and also coached and much more recent than you did, but I’ll be the first to say whether you played coached or both is irrelevant.

You come on here and criticize people for opinions opposite yours and when you can’t win on merit you go to the nonsensical” yuh never played the game”

You are arguing that a valid question a reporter asks about this weeks home game after the way last year ended is stupid because it was in the past.

Maybe you should take your own advice. Let the past be the past if it’s not relevant. You played football 100 years ago at a lower level than the very program we’re discussing. Yet it’s all we here from you.

Breaking news, Your a grown man. I am embarrassed for you. It’s mind blowing that you don’t realize how childish and stupid that statement is every time you use it to 99% of the people on here.

My guess is you were the kid that took his football and went home when he didn’t get his way.

“You never played the game” is the egriz equivalent of "your racist"

First card PR plays when he is losing an argument

The.Real.2506 said:
PAGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
PAGriz said:

room?

It’s not a card. It’s my view when I can see posters saying odd things that don’t ring true for people who have played the game or understand the game.

Do you think Hauck and the coaches are using the Cat loss to motivate the team this year?

Also, I have never lost an argument, so no card has been necessary, yet.

PAGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
PAGriz said:
kemajic said:

room?

Nope, I am just countering the continuing BS and Hauck Hating that comes from you.

You think saying someone never played the game is stupid and childish? I think your statement is wrong and stupid.

I played on a top 20 D-I team, 14th one year. Undefeated. Won Lambert Trophy as best ream In East. Penn St was 2d that year. Their running backs were Lydell Mitchell and Franco Harris. My Teammates played in at least a half dozen post-season all star games including Hula Bowl, East-West Shrine Game and Coaches All-American Game.

So you think the team we are discussing is at a higher level than that. Man, you are stupid. You know little about the game, And obviously never played it at a high level.

AllWeatherFan said:
Just my opinion, but I prefer Don Read’s approach to Hauck’s.
We have Hauck; we don't have Read; he's 85. Broke my heart when he retired at 62 after the NC at Marshall. One of a kind.

PlayerRep said:
The.Real.2506 said:
PAGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

room?

It’s not a card. It’s my view when I can see posters saying odd things that don’t ring true for people who have played the game or understand the game.

Do you think Hauck and the coaches are using the Cat loss to motivate the team this year?

Also, I have never lost an argument, so no card has been necessary, yet.

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1169619134360903685

all coaches/players use previous losses for motivation, at least the good ones do

you lose arguments everyday here, your just not intelligent enough to know it :thumb:

Latest posts

Back