• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Timmy Falls feature story

Hoops watcher said:
AZGrizFan said:
Mousegriz said:
Falls has had a good year and career overall. He will be missed if he doesn't play the next few games. I've been impressed with his recent shooting. Goofy side spinner is going in more than not. Also converting on more of his drives which was a problem earlier in the season. His defense seems good but odd that other teams' stars have gone off with Timmy guarding them on a few occasions.

That's the one that confuses me. If he's so great a defender, how/why are the other team's best guy having career nights against us time and time again?

A couple things to consider here. Often the best players excel scoring in transition after turnovers as the D isn't set. Like Woods v PSU plus his 20 FTs with many in desperation fouling time. The way the Griz switch often Timmy (or whoever) isn't on the guy he started the possession on. So it's not vey accurate to say Woods dropped 40 on Timmy when he wasn't even guarding him on half the possessions he scored (if it was the NBA you could quantify it but as far as I know at this level they don't keep track).

Also Coach's remarks talking to Riley post game v Idaho were telling. He was asked about Allen scoring a bunch and said the open 3's killed them in the first half (the walkon hit 4 of them wide open in the corner) and said he told guys to not cheat on Allen so much and stick with their guy. Then he stated he didn't think one guy could beat his whole team. Pretty clear the only scoring stat he cares about is the bottom one.

Thanks, watcher. Not sure why 84 felt the need to be dickheadish about it, but I appreciate the insight.

Colter, when Falls is wrapping up his Sr season. Please interview him, have him give us the info on this year's ankle injury. Since the beginning of the school year, the kid injured his hand, had a tooth knocked out, and what appeared to be a bad ankle injury. I will surely remember Timmy Falls for his courage, tenacity, toughness, and super hero like recovery abilities. Is he human? #toughasnails

:thumb:
PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Hoops watcher said:
Torn ligaments is a worst case scenario for sure. If so I'd doubt he'd be back this year. Time for Mr. Egun to step up and shine.

Maroon's post is correct.

My question is if this is correct on Falls' injury. Dumb of me to ask. I'll expect to not see Falls this week or next. If that proves incorrect, PR will undoubtedly have another foolproof answer for us.

Okay, should we bet $100 on whether Falls play on Saturday?

Or, will you apologize if he doesn't play on Saturday?

mtgrizrule said:
Colter, when Falls is wrapping up his Sr season. Please interview him, have him give us the info on this year's ankle injury. Since the beginning of the school year, the kid injured his hand, had a tooth knocked out, and what appeared to be a bad ankle injury. I will surely remember Timmy Falls for his courage, tenacity, toughness, and super hero like recovery abilities. Is he human? #toughasnails

He is one tough kid! I have been a fan since the first time I saw him on the court.

PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
Bjorn Bjornstein said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
has there been any word on Timmy's injury?
Coach said on the coaches show that Timmy could play tonight (Monday)...might've been playing it close or gamesmanship. Don't know...

News on the injury seems a little more "timely" than counting TO's in the final 6 (or 10?!) games last year.

PR is a joke!! Why can't he just admit it?

You are the joke. Tell us about Falls' injury, or non-injury. Some of us know.

Rut Roh!!!

Kinda looks as if you were not among the “some” group and may owe a few posters an apology.

And what can you say about TF. Dude’s tough as hell.

Back