• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Timmy Falls feature story

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
has there been any word on Timmy's injury?
Coach said on the coaches show that Timmy could play tonight (Monday)...might've been playing it close or gamesmanship. Don't know...

News on the injury seems a little more "timely" than counting TO's in the final 6 (or 10?!) games last year.

PR is a joke!! Why can't he just admit it?

Mousegriz said:
Bjorn Bjornstein said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
Coach said on the coaches show that Timmy could play tonight (Monday)...might've been playing it close or gamesmanship. Don't know...

News on the injury seems a little more "timely" than counting TO's in the final 6 (or 10?!) games last year.

You are the joke. Tell us about Falls' injury, or non-injury. Some of us know.

PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
Bjorn Bjornstein said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

So....torn ligaments and out a minimum 2 weeks for sure?

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
Bjorn Bjornstein said:

So....torn ligaments and out a minimum 2 weeks for sure?

If you know, just tell us. Don't ask a question.

PlayerRep said:
Hoops watcher said:
maroonandsilver said:
mtgrizrule said:
Any updates regarding Timmy's injury? I'm hoping, a few week recovery time. What's the injury? Get well soon, Timmy.

I heard torn ligaments. Out 2 weeks minimum.

Torn ligaments is a worst case scenario for sure. If so I'd doubt he'd be back this year. Time for Mr. Egun to step up and shine.

Maroon's post is correct.

My question is if this is correct on Falls' injury. Dumb of me to ask. I'll expect to not see Falls this week or next. If that proves incorrect, PR will undoubtedly have another foolproof answer for us.

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Hoops watcher said:
maroonandsilver said:
I heard torn ligaments. Out 2 weeks minimum.

Torn ligaments is a worst case scenario for sure. If so I'd doubt he'd be back this year. Time for Mr. Egun to step up and shine.

My question is if this is correct on Falls' injury. Dumb of me to ask. I'll expect to not see Falls this week or next. If that proves incorrect, PR will undoubtedly have another foolproof answer for us.

Okay, should we bet $100 on whether Falls play on Saturday?

Or, will you apologize if he doesn't play on Saturday?

What could possibly be more Entertaining than watching the antagonist get all bitter and butt-hurt?

PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Hoops watcher said:

No bet, no apology. I was curious about Falls' status so asked a question. Why the need to get into a pissing match? I was at the game on Saturday, saw what looked to be a 2 - 3 week sprain and tried to confirm it.

You should get back to checking on how many turnovers Falls had in the second half of the home Portland State game last year compared to the road EWU game in 2018.

Bear Axed said:
What could possibly be more Entertaining than watching the antagonist get all bitter and butt-hurt?

It IS entertaining, no doubt. But unfortunately it’s happening in every damn thread, so it’s beginning to lose its luster. Kinda wish he’d pick his spots a little more carefully, you know?

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:

No bet, no apology. I was curious about Falls' status so asked a question. Why the need to get into a pissing match? I was at the game on Saturday, saw what looked to be a 2 - 3 week sprain and tried to confirm it.

You should get back to checking on how many turnovers Falls had in the second half of the home Portland State game last year compared to the road EWU game in 2018.

What was the reason for this below post of yours? The injury had already been discussed, and I had said what I had been told on the injury. The ongoing discussion was TO. Did you just want to give me another opportunity to kick you in the butt again?

"News on the injury seems a little more "timely" than counting TO's in the final 6 (or 10?!) games last year."

Everett, if you want to clean up the board, perhaps you should start policing unnecessary posts like Mouse's.

PR is a joke!! Why can't he just admit it?"

EverettGriz said:
Bear Axed said:

It IS entertaining, no doubt. But unfortunately it’s happening in every damn thread, so it’s beginning to lose its luster. Kinda wish he’d pick his spots a little more carefully, you know?

Note that I didn't start anything, I just responded to posts picking at me.

EverettGriz said:
Bear Axed said:

His spots are limitless and he doesn't have much of a life. My bad on the Falls injury question. The definitive answer had been posted and I should have realized.

Falls has had a good year and career overall. He will be missed if he doesn't play the next few games. I've been impressed with his recent shooting. Goofy side spinner is going in more than not. Also converting on more of his drives which was a problem earlier in the season. His defense seems good but odd that other teams' stars have gone off with Timmy guarding them on a few occasions.

Agreed, Mouse. I think we really won't appreciate Timmy's value -- particularly on the defensive end -- until we don't have him out there.

Mousegriz said:
Falls has had a good year and career overall. He will be missed if he doesn't play the next few games. I've been impressed with his recent shooting. Goofy side spinner is going in more than not. Also converting on more of his drives which was a problem earlier in the season. His defense seems good but odd that other teams' stars have gone off with Timmy guarding them on a few occasions.

That's the one that confuses me. If he's so great a defender, how/why are the other team's best guy having career nights against us time and time again?

AZGrizFan said:
Mousegriz said:

That's the one that confuses me. If he's so great a defender, how/why are the other team's best guy having career nights against us time and time again?
Look a littler harder next game, you"ll see.

AZGrizFan said:
Mousegriz said:

A couple things to consider here. Often the best players excel scoring in transition after turnovers as the D isn't set. Like Woods v PSU plus his 20 FTs with many in desperation fouling time. The way the Griz switch often Timmy (or whoever) isn't on the guy he started the possession on. So it's not vey accurate to say Woods dropped 40 on Timmy when he wasn't even guarding him on half the possessions he scored (if it was the NBA you could quantify it but as far as I know at this level they don't keep track).

Also Coach's remarks talking to Riley post game v Idaho were telling. He was asked about Allen scoring a bunch and said the open 3's killed them in the first half (the walkon hit 4 of them wide open in the corner) and said he told guys to not cheat on Allen so much and stick with their guy. Then he stated he didn't think one guy could beat his whole team. Pretty clear the only scoring stat he cares about is the bottom one.

braves84 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Mousegriz said:

I take your comment to mean that you have no clue, but wanted to troll anyway.

PlayerRep said:
braves84 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Mousegriz said:

Like I said earlier, I don't really care what you think. Apparently alot of other posters over here don't give a rats ass about you opinions either.

braves84 said:
PlayerRep said:
braves84 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Like I said earlier, I don't really care what you think. Apparently alot of other posters over here don't give a rats ass about you opinions either.

A lot of posters care what I think, and they take notice when I point out your dumb posts.

braves84 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Mousegriz said:

An easy answer is an alarming amount of near logo shot 3's drop in as the shot clock kicks down to almost zero

Back