• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pre Season Polls

CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
But, as we have learned from some Cat posters over the years; in Bozeman, the back-ups are often better than the starters. And, in this case, Murray, the back-up, was better.

He was, but now he left and there's a NEW backup, who's also better. And better than Murray was too.

You are starting to catch on... As the Griz like to say..."We didn't want him anyways" ;)

Absolutely. I think you guys definitely found "the guy" in Rovig. No reason to think otherwise with his extensive resume of doing well in drills and the fact that he was going to be the starter. Game experience? Pssh. Games aren't even played in the pre-season. "That's why you do the drills".

Totally agree, unless he doesn't, then I disagree..

SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:
He was, but now he left and there's a NEW backup, who's also better. And better than Murray was too.

You are starting to catch on... As the Griz like to say..."We didn't want him anyways" ;)

Absolutely. I think you guys definitely found "the guy" in Rovig. No reason to think otherwise with his extensive resume of doing well in drills and the fact that he was going to be the starter. Game experience? Pssh. Games aren't even played in the pre-season. "That's why you do the drills".

Totally agree, unless he doesn't, then I disagree..

It's why you're the best Cat poster on eGriz: Not afraid to take a position. Time will tell.

indian-outlaw said:
PlayerRep said:
go96griz said:
CatzWillRise said:
Choate was ready to name Rovig the starter the week he broke his foot in practice, he has said this on record. That's where this "he was the starter" talk comes from.

It's so obvious and I can't believe others don't get it. He was totally a starter because coach Choad was ready to name him so until he didn't... Duh!!!

But, as we have learned from some Cat posters over the years; in Bozeman, the back-ups are often better than the starters. And, in this case, Murray, the back-up, was better.
Did I miss something? When was Murry ever a backup? He could run circles around anybody else on their roster, including TA as far as QB goes.

I hate to bring actual stats into this conversation, but here they are - career.

Chris Murray: 167 for 338 (49%). 2,375 total passing yards. 7 Yd/a. 21 TDs, 17 INTs. Sacked 19 times for 116 yards.

Troy Andersen: 115 for 208 (55%). 1,195 total passing yards. 5.7 Yd/a. 3 TDs, 7 INTs. Sacked 9 times for 56 yards.

Does anyone here really think our passing numbers will look worse than these in 2019?

poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:
PlayerRep said:
go96griz said:
It's so obvious and I can't believe others don't get it. He was totally a starter because coach Choad was ready to name him so until he didn't... Duh!!!

Did I miss something? When was Murry ever a backup? He could run circles around anybody else on their roster, including TA as far as QB goes.

I hate to bring actual stats into this conversation, but here they are - career.

Chris Murray: 167 for 338 (49%). 2,375 total passing yards. 7 Yd/a. 21 TDs, 17 INTs. Sacked 19 times for 116 yards.

Troy Andersen: 115 for 208 (55%). 1,195 total passing yards. 5.7 Yd/a. 3 TDs, 7 INTs. Sacked 9 times for 56 yards.

Does anyone here really think our passing numbers will look worse than these in 2019?
They could look worse because the fear of a running QB is no longer there. And if they are better, are they better enough to offset the rushing stats of both QBs?

kemajic said:
poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:
PlayerRep said:

They could look worse because the fear of a running QB is no longer there. And if they are better, are they better enough to offset the rushing stats of both QBs?

Spot on.
Per game prediction:
-Slightly better passing yardage/TD numbers
-More INTs (thems are turnovers)
-More sacks allowed
-Much worse QB rushing

CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:
poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:

Spot on.
Per game prediction:
-More sacks allowed
-Much worse QB rushing

Here is my take on all of this as a Cats fan...

1) There is a very good chance that next years QB will pass for more yards than the last two QBs....Unless he doesnt

2) I agree that there will probably be more INTs...Unless he doesnt throw that many

3) There will be the same amount of Sacks...Unless there are more, so maybe that will happen instead.

4) I will agree that there will be less rushing yards from the QB...

As for if all this adding up to being better than what we had...I will draw a line in the stand, and predict that we will see..

SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:
poorgriz said:

Spot on.
Per game prediction:
-More sacks allowed
-Much worse QB rushing

1) There is a very good chance that next years QB will pass for more yards than the last two QBs....Unless he doesnt

2) I agree that there will probably be more INTs...Unless he doesnt throw that many

3) There will be the same amount of Sacks...Unless there are more, so maybe that will happen instead.

As for if all this adding up to being better than what we had...I will draw a line in the stand, and predict that we will see..

This kind of hard-nosed, tough-necked, passionate analysis mirrors the attitude Choach promised to bring to the program from Day 1. If the Bobcat players bring this same attitude to the grid this fall, I can definitely see your predictions coming true.

CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:

Spot on.
Per game prediction:
-More sacks allowed
-Much worse QB rushing

This kind of hard-nosed, tough-necked, passionate analysis mirrors the attitude Choach promised to bring to the program from Day 1. If the Bobcat players bring this same attitude to the grid this fall, I can definitely see your predictions coming true.

Well...You don't become annual Pre-Season Champs for no reason...Unless you do.

CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:

Spot on.
Per game prediction:
-More sacks allowed
-Much worse QB rushing

Good God CDC, you have one bone for Coach Choate. Did you wife bring home a Choate poster from the MSU ladies camp?

Bear Spray said:
CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Spot on.
Per game prediction:
-More sacks allowed
-Much worse QB rushing

Good God CDC, you have one bone for Coach Choate. Did you wife bring home a Choate poster from the MSU ladies camp?

I don’t understand the question, and I won’t respond to it.

I’ll just suggest: perhaps the Choach Camp for Ladies (given the whole tenor of literally everything marketed on that site regarding the women’s camp) isn’t the angle you want to play. Here, or anywhere. Good luck!

CDAGRIZ said:
Bear Spray said:
CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:

I’ll just suggest: perhaps the Choach Camp for Ladies (given the whole tenor of literally everything marketed on that site regarding the women’s camp) isn’t the angle you want to play. Here, or anywhere. Good luck!

giphy.gif

SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Bear Spray said:
CDAGRIZ said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:
poorgriz said:

Spot on.
Per game prediction:
-More sacks allowed
-Much worse QB rushing

I love way you just draw a line in the sand and take a position. So refreshing from a 'scat fan.

AZGrizFan said:
SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:

Spot on.
Per game prediction:
-More sacks allowed
-Much worse QB rushing

I love way you just draw a line in the sand and take a position. So refreshing from a 'scat fan.

Thanks... Sometimes you just have to put pictures of players on shitters, and see how it all turns out.

If Rovig's TD/INT ratio is better than the ratio of Cat threads over here, the Cats are in for a great year.

ABQCat said:
If Rovig's TD/INT ratio is better than the ratio of Cat threads over here, the Cats are in for a great year.
3:30 on the first page. :lol:
Imagine thinking just being "better" than a 3 to 30 TD/INT ratio is a good thing.
#justbobcatthings

CDAGRIZ said:
ABQCat said:
Imagine thinking just being "better" than a 3 to 30 TD/INT ratio is a good thing.
#justbobcatthings
Fake news. Pretty much every thread turns to a Cat thread. The transition of the grizz becoming our little brother astounds me. Congratulations CDA in being the poster child of the complete reversal.

ABQCat said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ABQCat said:
#justbobcatthings
Fake news. Pretty much every thread turns to a Cat thread. The transition of the grizz becoming our little brother astounds me. Congratulations CDA in being the poster child of the complete reversal.

As you and your lesbian friends post your 3000th post on your rivals message board talking about living in your fucking head

ABQCat said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ABQCat said:
#justbobcatthings

:lol: "Pretty much every thread [that you read and join your brethren by posting in] becomes a Cat thread." Go ahead and live your dream, king!
#justbobcatthings

poorgriz said:
indian-outlaw said:
PlayerRep said:
go96griz said:

Was this a rhetorical question?
Do you think the passing game is going to be better?
You must think this because of Choaches’ incredible history with QBs?
And his awesome passing offense.
Surely you have some objective evidence to be so confident.
Or after “losing” all conf level QBs, he must have named a 1st time starter, or found a drop down or something for you to be so sure

IMHO, with that janky O, you guys need a running QB to make the passing game work. The greatest forward pass in Choaches’ era was a 7yd playaction pass to a TE. (which reminds me, do you even have a TE? Or any WRs?). A big pocket guy will get keyed on and killed.

Yet somehow you think it’s a given the passing game will improve.

Latest posts

Back