• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Scrimmage write up

"The guy that made a splash today was Caleb Lyons. He had the most catches by far, maybe 9 or 10 total? Most all were quick screens and a few he took a 1 or 2 yard pass and converted it into a first down. Very slippery runner, made a lot of guys miss."

He's not on scholarship ... C'mon Man!

every year...

January-February disappeared off the face of the Earth
March-August National Title talk & Frisco reservations booked
September-October pre-mature load released
November-December the annual collapse

January-February disappeared off the face of the earth

It's almost disturbing

Ken Jones said:
"The guy that made a splash today was Caleb Lyons. He had the most catches by far, maybe 9 or 10 total? Most all were quick screens and a few he took a 1 or 2 yard pass and converted it into a first down. Very slippery runner, made a lot of guys miss."

He's not on scholarship ... C'mon Man!

The scholarships for the upcoming season will not be determined until June. I am sure after the spring practice is over, the coaches will determine a lot and players will decide to stay or xfr.

bigsky33 said:
All smack is in the past. You guys can not getpast that. What tools.

What time is the Changing of the Guard Ceremony? And will the band play "Ode to a Power Shift" during it? There's never a dry eye in the place during that.

bigsky33 said:

The girls next door didn't stop by this year to ask for my girl scout cookie order. Next time you stop by can you bring us some of those peanut butter chocolate things? They are delicious. Thank you.

pussycatkillerz said:
every year...

It's almost disturbing
I would add a category:

September pre-mature load released
October Injuries, but, due to Bob Ash cunning strategy, our bench is better than our starters

pussycatkillerz said:
every year...

It's almost disturbing

So accurate! :thumb:

FTC!

EverettGriz said:
bigsky33 said:

What time is the Changing of the Guard Ceremony? And will the band play "Ode to a Power Shift" during it? There's never a dry eye in the place during that.
Ha!!!

I was surprised to see pocket passing, rather than mobile, rollout passing, ala JJ. So Stitt's offense is not based on zone read/ option? That's why I was surprised that Gus is considered #1 now, since the charge against him was that he is not mobile. So, what kind of offense does Stitt run, or is it too early to say?

Grizzoola said:
I was surprised to see pocket passing, rather than mobile, rollout passing, ala JJ. So Stitt's offense is not based on zone read/ option? That's why I was surprised that Gus is considered #1 now, since the charge against him was that he is not mobile. So, what kind of offense does Stitt run, or is it too early to say?

Stitt has said many times, speed and running ability are not a high priority for his qb's. He looks for accuracy, quick decision making, intelligence, and good mechanics.

Grizzoola said:

Based on West Coast Offense.

Grizzoola said:

Zone read is a play, not an offense. Its a spread offense, ran "west coast" (ball control thru a short passing game) style. I'm sure the zone read is in the playbook, depending on who the QB is. I'm sure Stitt prefers a QB who is mobile, but in his offense the QB has to be smart and be a quick decision maker. I really think Willy Pflug is the guy of the future, IMO.

Hammer said:
Grizzoola said:

Zone read is a play, not an offense. Its a spread offense, ran "west coast" (ball control thru a short passing game) style. I'm sure the zone read is in the playbook, depending on who the QB is. I'm sure Stitt prefers a QB who is mobile, but in his offense the QB has to be smart and be a quick decision maker. I really think Willy Pflug is the guy of the future, IMO.

I agree regarding Pflug. As for the qb position, it is nice to have depth with a variety of skill sets.

bigsky33 said:
dumb ass kitties......
iu

pussycatkillerz said:
every year...

It's almost disturbing

http://youtu.be/Yop62wQH498

bigsky33 said:
uofmman1122 said:
bigsky33 said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
Just think how good the offense would have looked scrimmaging against the Cat defense. I think the Griz D will accelerate the offense's progression

The Bobcat defense in their scrimmage today looked 110% better already than last year. Their offense is loaded. Their tight end transfer Beau Sandland 6'6" 260lbs will be the best in the FCS. He is big and fast. Very impressive day for 3rd practice scrimmage for the Cats.
They're gonna need to be more than 110% better to even get out of the FCS basement.

But I'm glad you didn't wait until you actually saw your TE against a real defense to start with the hyperbole. You guys keep it up. :clap: :lol:

I enjoy seeing you guys laughing. You are in for a huge let down this year. The Cats are loaded.

Ahhh shit guys..the cats be loaded...

BadlandsGrizFan said:
bigsky33 said:
uofmman1122 said:
bigsky33 said:
The Bobcat defense in their scrimmage today looked 110% better already than last year. Their offense is loaded. Their tight end transfer Beau Sandland 6'6" 260lbs will be the best in the FCS. He is big and fast. Very impressive day for 3rd practice scrimmage for the Cats.
They're gonna need to be more than 110% better to even get out of the FCS basement.

But I'm glad you didn't wait until you actually saw your TE against a real defense to start with the hyperbole. You guys keep it up. :clap: :lol:

I enjoy seeing you guys laughing. You are in for a huge let down this year. The Cats are loaded.

Ahhh shit guys..the cats be loaded...

Rob Ash...doing less with more since 2007.

Hammer said:
Grizzoola said:

I agree with you Hammer, although, with as many QB's as the Griz have I would love to see him redshirt and come out next year as the guy

putter said:
Hammer said:
Grizzoola said:

I agree with you Hammer, although, with as many QB's as the Griz have I would love to see him redshirt and come out next year as the guy

Agreed. Let him have one season to really get to know the playbook, and then unleash him in 2016.

Back