• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Game: Ugly

jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
b_f_c_99 said:
IdahoGrizFan said:
What are you talking about? Reducing errors increase your ability to win? Then yes I agree.

It appears that you are saying this is a good football team if they don’t turn the ball over. Well good teams don’t turn the ball over the way this team has. Good golfers don’t burn 8 strokes a round with penalty shots. Doesn’t matter How good you are at everything else if you do what the Griz have been doing your simply not any good.

Hold up. I know this guy who is a tremendous golfer, probably could turn pro, but he jacks 3 per round into the rooflines. Are you saying he's not a good golfer just because he happens to hit it into swimming pools every now and then? I call BS. Back in the day, he got kicked out of college for night putting. Just putting, at night, with the age-appropriate daughter of the Dean. Do you know who that guy was?

Mitch Cumstein

Luckiest guess ever.

CDAGRIZ said:
jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
b_f_c_99 said:
It appears that you are saying this is a good football team if they don’t turn the ball over. Well good teams don’t turn the ball over the way this team has. Good golfers don’t burn 8 strokes a round with penalty shots. Doesn’t matter How good you are at everything else if you do what the Griz have been doing your simply not any good.

Hold up. I know this guy who is a tremendous golfer, probably could turn pro, but he jacks 3 per round into the rooflines. Are you saying he's not a good golfer just because he happens to hit it into swimming pools every now and then? I call BS. Back in the day, he got kicked out of college for night putting. Just putting, at night, with the age-appropriate daughter of the Dean. Do you know who that guy was?

Mitch Cumstein

Luckiest guess ever.

It was that or Victor Hugo...I rolled the dice.

AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
MTGRZ said:
I guess I wouldn't say that myself, but I'm an optimist. Mike is from Montana, still has family that lives here. I'll admit I was sad to see him not on this coaching staff. But stranger things have happened.

Rosy is BH’s “guy”. They have a long history together. I don’t think Rosy is going anywhere....sadly.

Rosy with the blame now? This take makes no sense to me. With a few notable exceptions including Sulser and Akem the entire 2 deep on the offensive side of the ball must be re-tooled. There may be a couple others, but not many. This includes the QBs. There is a coach who is not immune from criticism, but it's not Rosy....at least not yet.

His game plans suck. His halftime adjustments blow chunks. He's predictable and when something DOES work, he almost immediately stops doing it. He has demonstrated the complete inability to adjust to what a defense is doing.

I get you are casting a wide net of blame...this problem is not Rosy....shrink the net.

AllWeatherFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I think Bobby and Co. are not to blame for the turnovers and are doing an absolutely fantastic job with what Stitt left them. We've already seen some great improvements in the team, and I expect more will become evident as the season goes on.

Agreed. The win/loss record may be suffering a little, but the trajectory is strong.

Getting blown out 46-0 in the second half during the 8th game of the season in Missoula by a team that had a losing record last year is definitely a sign of improvement from the first game. Programs like Davis and Portland State have all the advantages over UM in terms of facilities, fan support, boosters, you name it. We’re just the little engine that can’t right now but rest assured that Bobby has the choo choo gaining steam!

Think of what disadvantages Bobby has to deal with compared to a Portland State or Cal-Davis and be realistic about this season. It’s not his fault that the Griz have lost three straight games to teams that went a combined 8-25 last season, including a Home loss to a team that went 0-11.

NorthwestFresh said:
AllWeatherFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I think Bobby and Co. are not to blame for the turnovers and are doing an absolutely fantastic job with what Stitt left them. We've already seen some great improvements in the team, and I expect more will become evident as the season goes on.

Agreed. The win/loss record may be suffering a little, but the trajectory is strong.

Getting blown out 46-0 in the second half during the 8th game of the season in Missoula by a team that had a losing record last year is definitely a sign of improvement from the first game. Programs like Davis and Portland State have all the advantages over UM in terms of facilities, fan support, boosters, you name it. We’re just the little engine that can’t right now but rest assured that Bobby has the choo choo gaining steam!

Think of what disadvantages Bobby has to deal with compared to a Portland State or Cal-Davis and be realistic about this season. It’s not his fault that the Griz have lost three straight games to teams that went a combined 8-25 last season, including a Home loss to a team that went 0-11.

Yes, getting beaten so badly later in the second half is disappointing, but Davis is the 6th ranked team in the country, on top of the conference, has the best QB in the conference, and has only one loss (to Stanford). Davis' record last season is irrelevant to what Davis is doing this season Davis has come from behind several times and scored a bunch of points in a big hurray. I know that doesn't fit your agenda, but those are the facts.

b_f_c_99 said:
IdahoGrizFan said:
b_f_c_99 said:
IdahoGrizFan said:
It seems a lot of people are now buying into Montana not being a good football team. Does anyone honestly believe we shouldn't be at least 6-2? You can't win games and turn the ball over 4 times a game. Each time you turn the ball over it is a potential 14 point swing. I say you get rid of the turnovers and you have a good Griz football team not a bad one. Look at everyone of the losses and start counting the fumbles and interceptions and blocked punts. Montana doesn't have a bad team problem it has a turn the ball over problem.

With this logic David Duval is still one of the best golfers in the world. When he does get the opportunity to play he's pretty damn good! As long as you don't count the couple he hit OB or the ones he dumps in the water. Take those 3 or 4 bad swings away and he shoots 68 instead of 78.

What are you talking about? Reducing errors increase your ability to win? Then yes I agree.

I agree with you on that point. But I don't think we are a 46 to zip in the second half football team. I can't explain the turn over problem we have been having. Apparently the coaches can't either because it is still happening.

So if the Griz game in on SWX and you want to watch it again I found that on the Watch SWX app you go to Previously Aired and scroll down to College Football and the Griz UCD game is there. Not that you really may want to watch it or anything but it is there. And it is there for future reference.

IdahoGrizFan said:
So if the Griz game in on SWX and you want to watch it again I found that on the Watch SWX app you go to Previously Aired and scroll down to College Football and the Griz UCD game is there. Not that you really may want to watch it or anything but it is there. And it is there for future reference.

Just watch the first half twice, and see how nice the Griz win was.

PlayerRep said:
NorthwestFresh said:
AllWeatherFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Yes, getting beaten so badly later in the second half is disappointing, but Davis is the 6th ranked team in the country, on top of the conference, has the best QB in the conference, and has only one loss (to Stanford). Davis' record last season is irrelevant to what Davis is doing this season Davis has come from behind several times and scored a bunch of points in a big hurray. I know that doesn't fit your agenda, but those are the facts.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then why, pray tell, do you continue to focus on OUR record last season? How is it that is irrelevant for one team, but not for the other?

PlayerRep said:
NorthwestFresh said:
AllWeatherFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

What was Northern Iowa's ranking when we beat them?

Fahque said:
PlayerRep said:
NorthwestFresh said:
AllWeatherFan said:

13th

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
NorthwestFresh said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then why, pray tell, do you continue to focus on OUR record last season? How is it that is irrelevant for one team, but not for the other?

Yeah but that's different, and getting outscored 46-0 in the second half at home means Bobby has the season on an upward trajectory.

BTW, do you think that a clam and an ice cream cone are the same thing? Man, I don't. They are largely unrelated.

NorthwestFresh said:
AllWeatherFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

*** Hold up, nevermind. Google seems messed up.

They went 0-5 vs. the top 5 teams in the Big Sky last year, and lost to San Diego State.

Not a great team, but I wouldn't put them on the level with PSU. PSU also seems much improved over last season, even if they aren't *great*.

Fahque said:
PlayerRep said:
NorthwestFresh said:
AllWeatherFan said:

13th.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
NorthwestFresh said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Because the only way to compare Stitt to Hauck, and vice versa, is to compare seasons they coached. Stitt coached last year; Hauck coaches this year. Get it?

ordigger said:
IdahoGrizFan said:

Just watch the first half twice, and see how nice the Griz win was.

LOL That is funny. I also realized that the remainder of the games are all on ROOT.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
NorthwestFresh said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Because the only way to compare Stitt to Hauck, and vice versa, is to compare seasons they coached. Stitt coached last year; Hauck coaches this year. Get it?

IdahoGrizFan said:
I have a question, if we only seem to be able to complete the short passes why are we not using JLM more. He had one catch for 8 yards this week. He is a player who can turn a short pass into more yards better than anyone. Against ND he had 3 catches for 20 yards and against PS 1 catch for -2 yards.

It seems to me we are wasting some very good talent. Is he just not getting open? Is this an OC thing or is Sneed not looking his way? We all know what he can do. Sneed's avg pass is for less than 8 yards per completion and we don't seem to be willing to look at any other QB to change that. Why not throw to someone who can turn a 6 yard pass into a 15-25 yard gain very easily?

Am I totally out of line here?

Its because JLM is not Bobby's "guy"

Latest posts

Back