• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Game: Ugly

I still laugh every time people think a liberal arts school located in Montana has a recruiting advantage over every other BSC school. It just isn't true. The one big advantage it did have is long gone.

AZGrizFan said:
On the 4th and 1 Calhoun had just limped off, several plays after it looked like Eastwood had broken his collarbone. Lee was all we had.

That whole series Griz ran hurry up....successfully made some plays and got into Davis territory. I was questioning the hurry up with 15 point lead. Even tried to hurry up 4th and one and didn't work. There was lots of game left. At the time I was worried Griz hurry up would give Davis and extra minute or two at end of game to possibly eek out a close win late.....boy was I wrong!

AZGrizFan said:
IdahoGrizFan said:
I have a question, if we only seem to be able to complete the short passes why are we not using JLM more. He had one catch for 8 yards this week. He is a player who can turn a short pass into more yards better than anyone. Against ND he had 3 catches for 20 yards and against PS 1 catch for -2 yards.

It seems to me we are wasting some very good talent. Is he just not getting open? Is this an OC thing or is Sneed not looking his way? We all know what he can do. Sneed's avg pass is for less than 8 yards per completion and we don't seem to be willing to look at any other QB to change that. Why not throw to someone who can turn a 6 yard pass into a 15-25 yard gain very easily?

Am I totally out of line here?

"One Read" Sneed makes up his mind before the ball is snapped who he's throwing it to.
Sometimes, not always. But when he does he also seems to telegraph it to the D by not looking off.

Mousegriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
On the 4th and 1 Calhoun had just limped off, several plays after it looked like Eastwood had broken his collarbone. Lee was all we had.

That whole series Griz ran hurry up....successfully made some plays and got into Davis territory. I was questioning the hurry up with 15 point lead. Even tried to hurry up 4th and one and didn't work. There was lots of game left. At the time I was worried Griz hurry up would give Davis and extra minute or two at end of game to possibly eek out a close win late.....boy was I wrong!

We're 8 games into the season and Hauck still hasn't figured out that he can't sit on a 20 point lead with Baer at the defensive helm.

kemajic said:
Mousegriz said:
Once Bobby gets more of his guys like Sneed, Eastwood and Robby things will be better. Can you imagine how much worse the season would be going if we didn't have those three?
All three are good players, two of them freshmen. They are not our problem; your sarcasm is out of bounds.

they might be good players, but are they better than those they are playing ahead of?

Silenoz said:
ilovethecats said:
SACCAT66 said:
zengriz said:
...the ugliest part of the whole game...
...the mass exodus of the griz fans...
...big ugly..warranted or not...

... :( ...

They showed that on the replay yesturday....There was still like 7 minutes left.

No chance this is true. Griz fans don’t leave early. I recall a very specific thread about how emberrassing it was to the conference when cat fans were seen leaving early in a blowout. This just doesn’t happen in Missoula. Ever. Regardless of the product on the field. Please stop making things up. You’re a bad poster....

It's true, we are officially the Cats now. On and off the field. :?

Except the Griz even beat the Kittens on the field these days.

Program is in now worse shape than the dumpster fire in Boz Angeles. It starts with keeping Delaney around 2 seasons too long and then having the Stitt Show for two years. Stiff is the Gerry Faust of UM football. What a terrible hire on so many levels.

Silenoz said:
ilovethecats said:
SACCAT66 said:
zengriz said:
...the ugliest part of the whole game...
...the mass exodus of the griz fans...
...big ugly..warranted or not...

... :( ...

They showed that on the replay yesturday....There was still like 7 minutes left.

No chance this is true. Griz fans don’t leave early. I recall a very specific thread about how emberrassing it was to the conference when cat fans were seen leaving early in a blowout. This just doesn’t happen in Missoula. Ever. Regardless of the product on the field. Please stop making things up. You’re a bad poster....

Nah, you’re just a college football program like every other program in the nation. Ups and downs. Some of your fans for some reason thought you were the one team in the history of football at any level that would never experience the downs. Just not the case. Don’t see it being the end of the world however.

NorthwestFresh said:
Silenoz said:
ilovethecats said:
SACCAT66 said:

Except the Griz even beat the Kittens on the field these days.

Program is in now worse shape than the dumpster fire in Boz Angeles. It starts with keeping Delaney around 2 seasons too long and then having the Stitt Show for two years. Stiff is the Gerry Faust of UM football. What a terrible hire on so many levels.

:lol:

AZGrizFan said:
Mousegriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

We're 8 games into the season and Hauck still hasn't figured out that he can't sit on a 20 point lead with Baer at the defensive helm.

I think going for it on 4th and 1 would suggest he wasn't trying to sit on anything.

argh! said:
kemajic said:
Mousegriz said:
Once Bobby gets more of his guys like Sneed, Eastwood and Robby things will be better. Can you imagine how much worse the season would be going if we didn't have those three?
All three are good players, two of them freshmen. They are not our problem; your sarcasm is out of bounds.

they might be good players, but are they better than those they are playing ahead of?

Are you suggesting they aren't?

NorthwestFresh said:
It starts with keeping Delaney around 2 seasons too long and then having the Stitt Show for two years. Stiff is the Gerry Faust of UM football. What a terrible hire on so many levels.

It sure seems like the Stitt show was around longer than 2 years...could just be me though.

So I am not sure how to ask this?

Are there any highlights of the game? Or would that be lowlights.

Or will there be a replay of the game. I didn't see it and would like to see the record breaking performance for my self.

ilovethecats said:
Silenoz said:
ilovethecats said:
SACCAT66 said:

Nah, you’re just a college football program like every other program in the nation. Ups and downs. Some of your fans for some reason thought you were the one team in the history of football at any level that would never experience the downs. Just not the case. Don’t see it being the end of the world however.
...unless you're NDSU or Mount Union

But yeah, I see what you're saying, though I would never think that. This is 19 year old kids playing a game - if I got too emotionally invested then I have my priorities wrong. :cool:

IdahoGrizFan said:
So I am not sure how to ask this?

Are there any highlights of the game? Or would that be lowlights.

Or will there be a replay of the game. I didn't see it and would like to see the record breaking performance for my self.

Griz TV stopped bothering with highlights awhile ago. Can't imagine why.

this game reminded me of the '09 SDSU playoff game, but in reverse. The tenacity of the team won the first half, but the quality of the players took over in the end. Both games ended in a snowballing of the score.

DrainBramage said:
this game reminded me of the '09 SDSU playoff game, but in reverse. The tenacity of the team won the first half, but the quality of the players took over in the end. Both games ended in a snowballing of the score.

I said the same thing. Now we know how SDS felt.

PlayerRep said:
DrainBramage said:

I said the same thing. Now we know how SDS felt.

Other than being a good football team, exactly the same thing.

Back