• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Game: Ugly

grizindabox said:
MTGRZ said:
sdk.catfish said:
by Ursus1 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:43 pm

And coaches bring in the players that play. He isn't a high school coach that is stuck with the student body. He can go get players he needs, and had numerous scholarships to do it this year for the oline but for whatever reason did not get the job done (which he is paid to do).

Ursus, I enjoy your posts so I don't mean this to be confrontational. But your post, along with many other posters, seem to assume that Hauck can just "go get the players he needs". This confuses me because it is not like you can just go to Costco and pick up 3 O lineman, a couple D-line studs and some all conference corner backs and drive home. Sometimes it may be more like going to the humane society and pick from what others have cast off. Hauck has to compete with other programs to get the best players and the FCS world has changed since his first stint. It is my opinion that many of the best of the best, especially the out of state players, are going to take a long look at going to programs that currently have winning programs (NDSU, EWU etc.) and I wouldn't put in Griz in that category. Coaching is hard and there is probably a 50/50 chance or greater that Hauck will never bring this program back to where it was. For every coach that wins there is another who loses. I have nothing against Hauck, and I don't really care if he stays 10 years. Some of those years may be a lot better than this one. and defensive coordinators in the off season but there may not be many of those at Costco either. I guess the one saving grace about recruiting in-state is that the Cats are just as shitty and twice as boring so there isn't much incentive for the best in-state players to go there.

Might want to put the 'ol tail between the legs and give a call to Mike Ferriter.

I think that ship has sailed.

I guess I wouldn't say that myself, but I'm an optimist. Mike is from Montana, still has family that lives here. I'll admit I was sad to see him not on this coaching staff. But stranger things have happened.

MTGRZ said:
grizindabox said:
MTGRZ said:
sdk.catfish said:
Ursus, I enjoy your posts so I don't mean this to be confrontational. But your post, along with many other posters, seem to assume that Hauck can just "go get the players he needs". This confuses me because it is not like you can just go to Costco and pick up 3 O lineman, a couple D-line studs and some all conference corner backs and drive home. Sometimes it may be more like going to the humane society and pick from what others have cast off. Hauck has to compete with other programs to get the best players and the FCS world has changed since his first stint. It is my opinion that many of the best of the best, especially the out of state players, are going to take a long look at going to programs that currently have winning programs (NDSU, EWU etc.) and I wouldn't put in Griz in that category. Coaching is hard and there is probably a 50/50 chance or greater that Hauck will never bring this program back to where it was. For every coach that wins there is another who loses. I have nothing against Hauck, and I don't really care if he stays 10 years. Some of those years may be a lot better than this one. and defensive coordinators in the off season but there may not be many of those at Costco either. I guess the one saving grace about recruiting in-state is that the Cats are just as shitty and twice as boring so there isn't much incentive for the best in-state players to go there.

Might want to put the 'ol tail between the legs and give a call to Mike Ferriter.

I guess I wouldn't say that myself, but I'm an optimist. Mike is from Montana, still has family that lives here. I'll admit I was sad to see him not on this coaching staff. But stranger things have happened.

Rosy is BH’s “guy”. They have a long history together. I don’t think Rosy is going anywhere....sadly.

AZGrizFan said:
MTGRZ said:
grizindabox said:
MTGRZ said:

Rosy is BH’s “guy”. They have a long history together. I don’t think Rosy is going anywhere....sadly.

Rosy with the blame now? This take makes no sense to me. With a few notable exceptions including Sulser and Akem the entire 2 deep on the offensive side of the ball must be re-tooled. There may be a couple others, but not many. This includes the QBs. There is a coach who is not immune from criticism, but it's not Rosy....at least not yet.

...the ugliest part of the whole game...
...the mass exodus of the griz fans...
...big ugly..warranted or not...

... :( ...

zengriz said:

They showed that on the replay yesturday....There was still like 7 minutes left.

zengriz said:

I have a much bigger problem with people not returning for the 3rd quarter than I do with folks leaving early.

SACCAT66 said:
zengriz said:

They showed that on the replay yesturday....There was still like 7 minutes left.

No chance this is true. Griz fans don’t leave early. I recall a very specific thread about how emberrassing it was to the conference when cat fans were seen leaving early in a blowout. This just doesn’t happen in Missoula. Ever. Regardless of the product on the field. Please stop making things up. You’re a bad poster....

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
MTGRZ said:
grizindabox said:

Rosy with the blame now? This take makes no sense to me. With a few notable exceptions including Sulser and Akem the entire 2 deep on the offensive side of the ball must be re-tooled. There may be a couple others, but not many. This includes the QBs. There is a coach who is not immune from criticism, but it's not Rosy....at least not yet.

His game plans suck. His halftime adjustments blow chunks. He's predictable and when something DOES work, he almost immediately stops doing it. He has demonstrated the complete inability to adjust to what a defense is doing.

Lack of talent is the simple story for the Griz, this was clearly evident on Saturday. Outside of the linebackers, Davis had far superior talent at every position. They were bigger, faster and executed better. We overcame that in the first half with a gritty, emotional performance (coupled with a bunch of Davis penalties) but that can only take you so far. It's going to take a few years to get the kind of talent needed to compete at a high level.

Going forward, I think we need a switch at QB. While I really like Sneed's gutty performance on Saturday, over the last 3 games he simply has made too many bad plays, which prevented any chance of a Griz win.

AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
MTGRZ said:

His game plans suck. His halftime adjustments blow chunks. He's predictable and when something DOES work, he almost immediately stops doing it. He has demonstrated the complete inability to adjust to what a defense is doing.

What was his game plan and how did it suck? Was it sucking when UM was up 21-3 at halftime?

What adjustments would you have made at halftime?

What adjustments did the Davis defense make during the game or at halftime?

PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
argh! said:
grizindabox said:
spoken like a blind mofo

have you noticed how quickly games get away from this group?

I'm sure it's Bobby's fault, none of our previous coaches including Stitt ever had that happen to his teams! :roll:

None of the UM coaches in the last 3 decades have inherited a team that was ranked in the 30's in the national polls, had lost to the Cats 2 years in a row, and hadn't made the playoffs for 2 years in row. Do you not understand how the quality of the team/program inherited affects how the next several seasons go, and how long it takes to climb back to the top 10?
Hmmm.... Dan Hawkins is in his second season at UC Davis. UCD has not had a winning season since 2010. They are very young and are going to be top 10 this year.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
argh! said:
have you noticed how quickly games get away from this group?

I'm sure it's Bobby's fault, none of our previous coaches including Stitt ever had that happen to his teams! :roll:

None of the UM coaches in the last 3 decades have inherited a team that was ranked in the 30's in the national polls, had lost to the Cats 2 years in a row, and hadn't made the playoffs for 2 years in row. Do you not understand how the quality of the team/program inherited affects how the next several seasons go, and how long it takes to climb back to the top 10?
Hmmm. Dan Hawkins is in his second season at UC Davis. UCD has not had a winning season since 2010.

He's not a UM coach though......things are different at UM. It's tougher here. Davis has huge recruiting advantages over UM. They've got booster support from the entire State of California. Huge stadium, loud crowd. World famous mascot. 25+ year tradition of excellence. Come on man!

Once Bobby gets more of his guys like Sneed, Eastwood and Robby things will be better. Can you imagine how much worse the season would be going if we didn't have those three?

Some of you guys just don't know anything about football!!

Mousegriz said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:

Hmmm. Dan Hawkins is in his second season at UC Davis. UCD has not had a winning season since 2010.

He's not a UM coach though......things are different at UM. It's tougher here. Davis has huge recruiting advantages over UM. They've got booster support from the entire State of California. Huge stadium, loud crowd. World famous mascot. 25+ year tradition of excellence. Come on man!

Once Bobby gets more of his guys like Sneed, Eastwood and Robby things will be better. Can you imagine how much worse the season would be going if we didn't have those three?

Hawkins did well by getting Maier as the qb. Hawkins would not be winning with Maier. Hawkins is a good and experienced coach. We will see how he does after Maier is gone.

ilovethecats said:
SACCAT66 said:
zengriz said:

No chance this is true. Griz fans don’t leave early. I recall a very specific thread about how emberrassing it was to the conference when cat fans were seen leaving early in a blowout. This just doesn’t happen in Missoula. Ever. Regardless of the product on the field. Please stop making things up. You’re a bad poster....

It's true, we are officially the Cats now. On and off the field. :?

Mousegriz said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:

Great post.

Mousegriz said:
All three are good players, two of them freshmen. They are not our problem; your sarcasm is out of bounds.

I have a question, if we only seem to be able to complete the short passes why are we not using JLM more. He had one catch for 8 yards this week. He is a player who can turn a short pass into more yards better than anyone. Against ND he had 3 catches for 20 yards and against PS 1 catch for -2 yards.

It seems to me we are wasting some very good talent. Is he just not getting open? Is this an OC thing or is Sneed not looking his way? We all know what he can do. Sneed's avg pass is for less than 8 yards per completion and we don't seem to be willing to look at any other QB to change that. Why not throw to someone who can turn a 6 yard pass into a 15-25 yard gain very easily?

Am I totally out of line here?

PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

Hawkins did well by getting Maier as the qb. Hawkins would not be winning with Maier. Hawkins is a good and experienced coach. We will see how he does after Maier is gone.
kind of like how ewu loses a great qb and cant win again and never gets another great qb like remember when they had that really good qb named mitchell and once he left they were toast at the qb position. how the heck can you say he would not be winning without Maier? No other good qb's to be developed? heck maybe GJ will end up there.

IdahoGrizFan said:
I have a question, if we only seem to be able to complete the short passes why are we not using JLM more. He had one catch for 8 yards this week. He is a player who can turn a short pass into more yards better than anyone. Against ND he had 3 catches for 20 yards and against PS 1 catch for -2 yards.

It seems to me we are wasting some very good talent. Is he just not getting open? Is this an OC thing or is Sneed not looking his way? We all know what he can do. Sneed's avg pass is for less than 8 yards per completion and we don't seem to be willing to look at any other QB to change that. Why not throw to someone who can turn a 6 yard pass into a 15-25 yard gain very easily?

Am I totally out of line here?

"One Read" Sneed makes up his mind before the ball is snapped who he's throwing it to.

Back