• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Oregon: We Need To Do More Than Show Up !!!

ari gold said:
Here is a little film breakdown on some of Montana's film.

https://www.addictedtoquack.com/2019/9/13/20861359/duck-tape-film-analysis-of-montana

Um, what?

"Unfortunately, there have been two injuries to key players that I’m uncertain the status of, #96 DE Rice and #7 CB Nash, and it’s hard to predict the impact those losses might have."

Yukon said:
ari gold said:

https://www.addictedtoquack.com/2019/9/13/20861359/duck-tape-film-analysis-of-montana

Um, what?

"Unfortunately, there have been two injuries to key players that I’m uncertain the status of, #96 DE Rice and #7 CB Nash, and it’s hard to predict the impact those losses might have."

I'm sure they mean Crow instead of Nash. Not sure who else they are referring to.

I think I read somewhere in the past that a coach mentioned that he liked giving his players once in their careers at Montana the experience of playing a decent FBS team. I'm a little mixed on the practice.

North Dakota State
2020: at Oregon, September 5
2022: at Arizona, September 17
2024: at Colorado, August 31

Eastern Washington
2018: at Washington State
2019: at Washington
2020: at Florida
2022: at Oregon

Montana
2019: at Oregon
2021: at Washington

ari gold said:
Yukon said:
ari gold said:

Um, what?

I'm sure they mean Crow instead of Nash. Not sure who else they are referring to.

If either of you had bothered to read the article, you would have seen that the author said he reviewed the tape of the first game but not the second game. Nash and Rice were hurt briefly in the first game.

PlayerRep said:
ari gold said:
Yukon said:
ari gold said:

Um, what?

If either of you had bothered to read the article, you would have seen that the author said he reviewed the tape of the first game but not the second game. Nash and Rice were hurt briefly in the first game.
I got the quote from READING THE ARTICLE. Why do you have to be such an ass hat sometimes?

PlayerRep said:
ari gold said:
Yukon said:
ari gold said:

Um, what?

He reviewed tape of the first game only but did say he reviewed the box score/details of the UNA game as well, which I assumed is where those details came from.

I think you could have said your piece without being condescending about it. Not sure that was necessary, although it appears to be a very common trend.

With all due respect 223, Wrong Answer !!!

The year before NDSU moved from Div. II to 1-AA (FCS) in 2004, they game into Missoula in September of 2003 under first year Bison Head Coach Craig Bohl and they delivered a sour homecoming to Coach Bobby Hauck and his Griz, defeating us 25-24 in a major upset at WA-GRIZ, our first home game with the newly expanded North End Zone and Coach Hauck's first home game during his first tenure back at his alma mater. I saw it first hand, sitting in the new NEZ and it sucked, but I did gain some grudging respect for the Bison.

And six years later in 2010, they made the quarterfinals and seven years later in 2011, they started winnings NC's and they haven't stopped. (And keep in mind, from 2004-2007, the Bison were ineligible for the playoffs.)

The Bison were not afraid to play up under Coach Bowl even before they moved up to 1-AA, FCS, and they are not afraid now but enthusiastically welcome playing one game up almost every year, though they are having more problems now scheduling 1A games due to their success against teams from the Big 10 and the Big 12. And playing up has helped the Bison's recruiting, wallet, and confidence, and the Bison faithful also love to travel, just like us !!!

billingsgriz said:

The year before NDSU moved from Div. II to 1-AA (FCS) in 2004, they game into Missoula in September of 2003 under first year Bison Head Coach Craig Bohl and they delivered a sour homecoming to Coach Bobby Hauck and his Griz, defeating us 25-24 in a major upset at WA-GRIZ, our first home game with the newly expanded North End Zone and Coach Hauck's first home game during his first tenure back at his alma mater. I saw it first hand, sitting in the new NEZ and it sucked, but I did gain some grudging respect for the Bison.

And six years later in 2010, they made the quarterfinals and seven years later in 2011, they started winnings NC's and they haven't stopped. (And keep in mind, from 2004-2007, the Bison were ineligible for the playoffs.)

The Bison were not afraid to play up under Coach Bowl even before they moved up to 1-AA, FCS, and they are not afraid now but enthusiastically welcome playing one game up almost every year, though they are having more problems now scheduling 1A games due to their success against teams from the Big 10 and the Big 12. And playing up has helped the Bison's recruiting, wallet, and confidence, and the Bison faithful also love to travel, just like us !!!
and they were 35-9 during that time when the players knew they had no playoff. I can't figure out how you recruit during purgatory.

billingsgriz said:

Playing higher divisions isn't what makes a team elite. Winning national championships does.

You're "afraid" argument is tiresome and boring and you still haven't addressed any points made by any of the other comments on this thread. Instead you continue to regurgitate the same nonsense how "we're afraid."

Missoula223 said:
billingsgriz said:

Playing higher divisions isn't what makes a team elite. Winning national championships does.

You're "afraid" argument is tiresome and boring and you still haven't addressed any points made by any of the other comments on this thread. Instead you continue to regurgitate the same nonsense how "we're afraid."
Playing and eventually winning against the best is what makes an individual or team elite. Winning national championships in a sub classification is admirable, but doesn’t make the individual or team elite.

Spanky2 said:
Missoula223 said:
billingsgriz said:

Playing and eventually winning against the best is what makes an individual or team elite. Winning national championships in a sub classification is admirable, but doesn’t make the individual or team elite.

I fear that you've summoned the lumbering herd.

If some people feel the Griz should play up every year, then let's get UNDSU on the schedule annually.

Here's a figure for you, 223.

2004-2018: NDSU Bison National Championships: 8
U of Mont. Grizzlies National Championships: 0

And keep in mind, NDSU has been up in 1-AA, FCS all of 15 years, not the almost 40 we've been up in in 1-AA, FCS.

And a key ingredient in their success and winning NC's, whether in Div. II or 1-AA, FCS has been regularly playing an "up" game.

This has helped them build their Athletic Department budget, ,, remodel and add new facilities, attract transfer student-athletes, especially from The Big 10, keep prized ND athletes, like Carson Wentz, and dominate the Missouri Valley Conference and the FCS within 15 years of making the jump to 1-AA, FCS.

You can deny that if you wish and while you're at it, also deny that tomorrow the sun will rise in the east and set in the west--you'll be just as correct on both counts.

In this country, 223, you have the right to be wrong, and I am glad to see you taking full advantage of this right !!!

Yukon said:
ari gold said:

Um, what?

In the USD game both rice and Nash went down and I don’t believe they returned in the game. Both played in the UNA game, however, and should be good to go vs UO

Spanky2 said:
Missoula223 said:
billingsgriz said:

Nope. 223 is right on this one.

Yukon said:
PlayerRep said:
ari gold said:
Yukon said:
Um, what?

I got the quote from READING THE ARTICLE. Why do you have to be such an ass hat sometimes?

Below is the first sentence of the article. Did you not read that? Why give a quote that relates to the first game, when both players started and played in the second game. Those 2 players also came back in the first game. Do you not even watch games, or pay attention?

"I reviewed Montana’s 31-17 win over a pretty good South Dakota in the opener, but I wasn’t able to acquire film of their second game, a 61-17 rout of North Alabama."

You are the asshat. And apparently a dummy too.

Back