• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Oregon: We Need To Do More Than Show Up !!!

Spanky2 said:
You are wasting your time Billings. The majority of the so called fans on this board only support the Griz against teams they know we can beat.Should the Griz upset Oregon, all of them will be quick to post how they knew we would win. What a group of losers for fans!

Curious, where in this thread did anyone show a lack of support? Heck, I am not sure if you or your wife cry more.

I hope that you're wrong, Spanky, but I am afraid that you're right !!!

If we want to emulate Eastern, which has ruled the Big Sky for most of the last decade, and NDSU, which has dominated the FCS for also most of the last decade, we need to emulate them. And key ingredient of both schools success is that they both enthusiastically like to play an FBS opponent each year from a regional FBS conference, and both have enjoyed success doing so as opposed to scheduling safe games at home to pound a Div. II or FCS cupcake.

While I do not expect us to upset Oregon in Year #2 of Coach Hauck's return to UM, I do expect us not to beat ourselves through penalties and turnovers and to do better than Nevada did last week at Autzen Stadium in Eugene.
And in the years ahead, I do expect us to play and upset a Pac 12 and/or Mountain West team.

NDSU loves to play up each year, so does Eastern, but we're afraid ?

billingsgriz said:

If we want to emulate Eastern, which has ruled the Big Sky for most of the last decade, and NDSU, which has dominated the FCS for also most of the last decade, we need to emulate them. And key ingredient of both schools success is that they both enthusiastically like to play an FBS opponent each year from a regional FBS conference, and both have enjoyed success doing so as opposed to scheduling safe games at home to pound a Div. II or FCS cupcake.

While I do not expect us to upset Oregon in Year #2 of Coach Hauck's return to UM, I do expect us not to beat ourselves through penalties and turnovers and to do better than Nevada did last week at Autzen Stadium in Eugene.
And in the years ahead, I do expect us to play and upset a Pac 12 and/or Mountain West team.

I think the Griz should schedule all there OOC games against Pac12/MW teams...that would put them above UNDSU and UEWU.

Billings, this group of fair weather fans is afraid. Sneed, who has the heart of a warrior isnā€™t afraid. He and many others on our team, will play the game to win. It is sickening to read the comments on this board about how bad we will lose against the mighty Oregon Ducks. Unfortunately, many of our players and their parents have also read the comments. A wonderful send off from the fans!

billingsgriz said:

Curious as to where you're getting your information that EWU and NDSU enjoy playing them? Other than from maybe a press conference where a coach has no choice but to say they like the challenge?

You seem to be under the impression that they are so successful because they play those teams? EWU has to play those teams for money. They can't generate the income that we can with a home game. They have to rely on that income each year. We don't. NDSU became successful then started beating those teams. Not the other way around.

If you are agreeing with spanky you should take a look at yourself. Address the points in my first post on this thread if you would like to have a real discussion about it. Playing those teams increases a chance of a loss, it doesn't make us a better team.

my understanding is that hauck doesn't like play-up games or playoff games. unless he has changed?

Missoula223 said:
billingsgriz said:

Curious as to where you're getting your information that EWU and NDSU enjoy playing them? Other than from maybe a press conference where a coach has no choice but to say they like the challenge?

You seem to be under the impression that they are so successful because they play those teams? EWU has to play those teams for money. They can't generate the income that we can with a home game. They have to rely on that income each year. We don't. NDSU became successful then started beating those teams. Not the other way around.

If you are agreeing with spanky you should take a look at yourself. Address the points in my first post on this thread if you would like to have a real discussion about it. Playing those teams increases a chance of a loss, it doesn't make us a better team.

So says the guy that stated Oregon would have won against Auburn if it wasnā€™t for two unforced errors. Iā€™m sure Billings would like to have a real discussion with you. Did Oregon also have several double faults against Auburn?

Spanky2 said:
Missoula223 said:
billingsgriz said:

So says the guy that stated Oregon would have won against Auburn if it wasnā€™t for two unforced errors. Iā€™m sure Billings would like to have a real discussion with you. Did Oregon also have several double faults against Auburn?

Did you see oregon fumble a handoff and auburn recover it? Or a ball off an OU receivers hands get intercepted? Those are called unforced turnovers I know you donā€™t know anything when it comes to football, but thatā€™s what those things are called okay?

AllWeatherFan said:
Raider said:
Look at NDSU in their last 5 FBS games. I believe they are 4-1 or 5-0.

6-0, against these teams:

Kansas, Minnesota, Colorado State, Kansas State, Iowa State and Iowa - all the teams I'd rather the Griz played than Oregon this weekend! :lol:

Agreed! Point well taken.

Yukon said:
https://twitter.com/ShaunRainey/status/1172306624813264898?s=20

My two take aways from this thread;

Finally a colour that makes sense "Nightmare Green", I see anything that butt ugly in my dreams there isn't enough nyquil on Earth to get me back to sleep. Was it not enough that Oregon has the dumbest looking basketball court in America now they have to corner the eye bleeding uniform market as well?

And what happened to Spanky1?

billingsgriz said:

Curious what makes you think that UM is "afraid" to play these games? Listen, I'm a Cat guy and enjoy giving Griz shit at any moment. But I think you might be mistaken a few fans on a message board with the thought process of your football team?

You guys play up every couple years. You played a very good Washington team and now a very good Oregon team. As evidenced in the Oregon roll call thread that started months ago many of your fans seem VERY excited for this game.

I can assure you that your players are very excited for this game. It's an experience they'll never forget.

I'm sure they're happy with the 600+ thousand dollars they'll receive.

I'd guess that the coaches could take or leave games like this but at the very least it doesn't hurt to see how you stack up. And if it goes like it probably will it'll be a great opportunity to see some younger guys get game experience.

In my personal opinion there is really nothing to lose with games like these except for often times the game itself. But you guys could get blasted by 90 and it won't make a bit of a difference in the rest of your goals for the season.

Your fans coaches and players are likely feeling a lot of things right now. Being scared probably not one of them. Unless you just think that because some people think you might lose means they're afraid? :?

ilovethecats said:
billingsgriz said:

Curious what makes you think that UM is "afraid" to play these games? Listen, I'm a Cat guy and enjoy giving Griz shit at any moment. But I think you might be mistaken a few fans on a message board with the thought process of your football team?

You guys play up every couple years. You played a very good Washington team and now a very good Oregon team. As evidenced in the Oregon roll call thread that started months ago many of your fans seem VERY excited for this game.

I can assure you that your players are very excited for this game. It's an experience they'll never forget.

I'm sure they're happy with the 600+ thousand dollars they'll receive.

I'd guess that the coaches could take or leave games like this but at the very least it doesn't hurt to see how you stack up. And if it goes like it probably will it'll be a great opportunity to see some younger guys get game experience.

In my personal opinion there is really nothing to lose with games like these except for often times the game itself. But you guys could get blasted by 90 and it won't make a bit of a difference in the rest of your goals for the season.

Your fans coaches and players are likely feeling a lot of things right now. Being scared probably not one of them. Unless you just think that because some people think you might lose means they're afraid? :?

Well said.

Here is a little film breakdown on some of Montana's film.

https://www.addictedtoquack.com/2019/9/13/20861359/duck-tape-film-analysis-of-montana

..man playing against man...if there aliens than we should fear but the last time l checked they were
Ducks! Go Griz play your heart out and enjoy the experience!

Back