• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Official Griz vs Portland State Game Thread

Game story coming in about 15 min

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1383568495820951563

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93elmZMQJI0

hunt-ducks said:
I was not able to watch the game because I spent the entire first quarter trying to log-in after paying the $9.95/month. After several emails back-n-forth with their crack "help center", who could not fix the problem, I gave up and just paid for the audio feed. So, I can not comment on the game except to say that it sounded like Humphrey had a good showing. His stats were solid. The team obviously looked very good in all three areas, offense, defense, and special teams.

Anyone got an update on our three key injured players, Cam, Harris, and the center?

PAID for the Audio feed?
Only a really, really stupid sh!t idiot would do that, when it's completely 'FREE' thru KGVO's website....

Congrats you stupid IDIOT

hunt-ducks said:
I was not able to watch the game because I spent the entire first quarter trying to log-in after paying the $9.95/month. After several emails back-n-forth with their crack "help center", who could not fix the problem, I gave up and just paid for the audio feed. So, I can not comment on the game except to say that it sounded like Humphrey had a good showing. His stats were solid. The team obviously looked very good in all three areas, offense, defense, and special teams.

Anyone got an update on our three key injured players, Cam, Harris, and the center?

Sounds like you were hashtagging. Get older and more illiterate. That should fix it.

Bear Axed said:
hunt-ducks said:

PAID for the Audio feed?
Only a really, really stupid sh!t idiot would do that, when it's completely 'FREE' thru KGVO's website....

Congrats you stupid IDIOT

Maybe sober up and quit being an ass. Sorry you had to pay for the audio hunt ducks. I don’t care how controversial you are on this site or if you aren’t one of the “in” crowd.

tourist said:
One can 'educate' or 'humiliate.'
You both chose the latter. Interesting.

Not sorry that Dill couldn’t figure out how to go to KGVO and click a button. Not buying it either.

GAME STORY - Griz hit stride, rip Portland State in final spring game
https://skylinesportsmt.com/griz-hit-stride-rip-portland-state-in-final-spring-game/

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1383608151769948163

I 'm not part of the 'Dill' problem. I've been around, off and on, for about ten years, and remember some of the exchanges between him and many others. Didn't know the background, didn't care. Seems childish to keep it going. But, you all have your reasons.

tourist said:
I 'm not part of the 'Dill' problem. I've been around, off and on, for about ten years, and remember some of the exchanges between him and many others. Didn't know the background, didn't care. Seems childish to keep it going. But, you all have your reasons.

Yeah, my post was more about not being able to figure out how to listen to the game for free on a legit feed. You know, like it’s been broadcast for like two decades? I don’t have much of an issue with Growler. It’s kinda fun to have him back here lighting himself on fire.

hunt-ducks said:

What a shame. 😐

CDAGRIZ said:
hunt-ducks said:

Sounds like you were hashtagging. Get older and more illiterate. That should fix it.
:lol: :lol: :clap:

CDAGRIZ said:
tourist said:

Yeah, my post was more about not being able to figure out how to listen to the game for free on a legit feed. You know, like it’s been broadcast for like two decades? I don’t have much of an issue with Growler. It’s kinda fun to have him back here lighting himself on fire.

Understood. :lol:

If Growler can reincarnate, how about Alpha? I miss the old days. Would take the post total to well over 2,000,000 in short order! :thumb:

blackfoot griz said:
Who wouldn't want to have a beer with Barney? He's always good for zinger.

That guy is a G-D National treasure. It’s hard to believe he coaches in Portland. PSU is lucky as hell to have him.

I don't know what game Griz Addict was watching. I was at the game and thought every aspect of the team looked better than the week before. The team looked more cohesive, mistakes were fewer, almost the same ending score against a superior opponent. What was not to like? Were they perfect? No. Did they play like a team? Yes! Maybe he was in a wayback machine or his glasses prescription needs reviewed.

I am keeping my roster sheet from this game to compare with the roster from the first fall game to see how much they bulk up over the summer. Can't wait for the season to begin!

I was surprised at Hauck's total agreement with every overzealous comment Riley Corcoran had following Saturday's game. Did Hauck really say "I hope all those observers not part of Griz Nation saw that the Evil Empire of the North is back"? Yes he did! And of course Rileys got them into at least semifinals in April about 5 months before their first real game. Nothing like keeping expectations in check and coach speak. I thought Hauck understood both. I'm pretty sure some Cat fans are having fun with the "Evil Empire" comment! Calm down.

hunt-ducks said:

Too bad you couldn't get the video feed. You can download the KGVO app and listen to the game for free.

MikeyGriz said:
I don't know what game Griz Addict was watching. I was at the game and thought every aspect of the team looked better than the week before. The team looked more cohesive, mistakes were fewer, almost the same ending score against a superior opponent. What was not to like? Were they perfect? No. Did they play like a team? Yes! Maybe he was in a wayback machine or his glasses prescription needs reviewed.

I am keeping my roster sheet from this game to compare with the roster from the first fall game to see how much they bulk up over the summer. Can't wait for the season to begin!

psu wasn't able to do anything as a team, not even lift weights, until sometime in January. they only have like 2 starters returning on offense, not sure about defense, and apparently a lot of transfers who haven't played as a team for long. the griz had fall practice, conditioning, etc, etc... the psu coach may have taken the game as one that was meaningful, and not experimented around a bit, or maybe he figured it was a good practice opportunity and tried different combinations of personal and play calling, to get the team some much needed experience playing someone else in a glorified scrimmage. again, i don't know. but what i do know is that i don't consider these games important enough to label saturday's win as a "statement" game, especially considering the different situations each team had in the last 9 months or so prior.

Back