• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Official Griz vs Portland State Game Thread

correct me if i'm wrong, but in the beginning i thought i heard that portland state couldn't even train as a team this fall, much less practice? if that is correct, no wonder they looked gassed by the second quarter.

as for the rest so far, i thought humphrey played ok, but it seems he throws bullets most of the time, even when he doesn't need to do so. hope that gets cleaned up. harris obviously looks like he'll be a good back. the griz wr's are for the most part stellar. this is just a practice, though, there might be a price to pay for playing the starters so long. hope there's not a big price to pay next season.

Matchup
1st Downs 12 25
3rd down efficiency 2-13 5-14
4th down efficiency 0-4 3-4
Total Yards 293 511
Passing 193 263
Comp-Att 15-26 21-31
Yards per pass 7.4 8.5
Interceptions thrown 1 1
Rushing 100 248
Rushing Attempts 35 45
Yards per rush 2.9 5.5
Penalties 4-40 5-48
Turnovers 1 1
Fumbles lost 0 0
Interceptions thrown 1 1
Possession 29:49 30:11

argh! said:
correct me if i'm wrong, but in the beginning i thought i heard that portland state couldn't even train as a team this fall, much less practice? if that is correct, no wonder they looked gassed by the second quarter.

That is true. Because of our COVID rules in Portland, we couldn't even meet as a team until mid-January. That was the main reason why we opted out of the conference season. We wouldn't have been ready by the end of February.

This was fun. You guys are loaded and the OLines and DLines are very strong. We still have a lot of work to do but this was a great opportunity for us.

I was not able to watch the game because I spent the entire first quarter trying to log-in after paying the $9.95/month. After several emails back-n-forth with their crack "help center", who could not fix the problem, I gave up and just paid for the audio feed. So, I can not comment on the game except to say that it sounded like Humphrey had a good showing. His stats were solid. The team obviously looked very good in all three areas, offense, defense, and special teams.

Anyone got an update on our three key injured players, Cam, Harris, and the center?

hunt-ducks said:
I was not able to watch the game because I spent the entire first quarter trying to log-in after paying the $9.95/month. After several emails back-n-forth with their crack "help center", who could not fix the problem, I gave up and just paid for the audio feed. So, I can not comment on the game except to say that it sounded like Humphrey had a good showing. His stats were solid. The team obviously looked very good in all three areas, offense, defense, and special teams.

Anyone got an update on our three key injured players, Cam, Harris, and the center?

Try Wally the Bronco’s YouTube channel in a couple days. He uploaded the game from last week and I assume will upload this one also.

Weird thought... Games count on record... individual stats count, how about season (yes 2 games) stats? I doubt these stats for these games Count as TEAM Records.

55.0 Points per game
1040 Yards (520 Average)
etc

They could as games just wondering how the stats will show up in the record book? asterisks?

Back