• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Offensive Line

AllWeatherFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Spanky2 said:
High School recruits are excellent for the future, however, we need immediate help on the OL. If we don’t get it, another disappointing season may be ahead.

Don't forget, this is Bobby's second recruiting season, not his first. Last year's recruits, including the offensive line recruits, will be ready to go next season! :thumb:

Sure thing. They are well coached...just a steady pipeline of All Americans over the last 4 to 5 years....

Huh? I'm talking about Bobby's recruits, not the recruits from the last 4-5 years. That would be:

Cole Sain
Cody Hartsoch
Trevor Welnel
Gerrit Bloemendaal
Conor Quick
Sean Anderson
Cody Kanouse
Tyler Ganoung

Those guys will be coached up sufficiently after spring and fall camp. IDK why everyone wants drop downs and JuCos when Bobby's bread and butter has always been coaching up original Grizzlies. He will at least have his recruits on that list ready to dominate next year. Much OL worry bout nothin.

AllWeatherFan said:
Triwest said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Spanky2 said:
High School recruits are excellent for the future, however, we need immediate help on the OL. If we don’t get it, another disappointing season may be ahead.

Don't forget, this is Bobby's second recruiting season, not his first. Last year's recruits, including the offensive line recruits, will be ready to go next season! :thumb:

Last years class was only partially Bobby's recruits. He agreed to honor offers already made by the previous staff due to the short period he had after his hire.

Good point. Which of those guys did Stitt offer? Because we can cross them off the list and bring in transfers to fill their spots.

I'm not ready to write off Stitt's recruits until after spring camp, but I'd be interested to learn which are his if anyone in the know has that info.

Stitt's recruits are:

Cole Sain
Conor Quick
Sean Anderson
Cody Kanouse (he was recruited in prior year but went to Air Force instead. Then came on before fall camp)
Tyler Ganoung

hubcap said:
Stitt's recruits are:

Cole Sain
Conor Quick
Sean Anderson
Cody Kanouse (he was recruited in prior year but went to Air Force instead. Then came on before fall camp)
Tyler Ganoung

That's four of our starting 5 in 2020. Assuming they're still here and not injured.

hubcap said:
Stitt's recruits are:

Cole Sain
Conor Quick
Sean Anderson
Tyler Ganoung

Thanks, Hub.

Okay, so we now have:

Cody Hartsoch
Trevor Welnel
Gerrit Bloemendaal

That's a much shorter list, so Spanky the Second might be right.

I think Bobby is set on bringing in his guys rather than coaching up Stitt's guys. But I could be wrong. Either way, now that we have Bobby, we're probably fine.

AllWeatherFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Spanky2 said:

Sure thing. They are well coached...just a steady pipeline of All Americans over the last 4 to 5 years....

Huh? I'm talking about Bobby's recruits, not the recruits from the last 4-5 years. That would be:

Cole Sain
Cody Hartsoch
Trevor Welnel
Gerrit Bloemendaal
Conor Quick
Sean Anderson
Cody Kanouse
Tyler Ganoung

Which one(s) do you think Germer will develop into an All American?

SoldierGriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Cole Sain
Cody Hartsoch
Trevor Welnel
Gerrit Bloemendaal
Conor Quick
Sean Anderson
Cody Kanouse
Tyler Ganoung

Cody Hartsoch
Trevor Welnel
Gerrit Bloemendaal

CDAGRIZ said:
AllWeatherFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Cole Sain
Cody Hartsoch
Trevor Welnel
Gerrit Bloemendaal
Conor Quick
Sean Anderson
Cody Kanouse
Tyler Ganoung

Those guys will be coached up sufficiently after spring and fall camp. IDK why everyone wants drop downs and JuCos when Bobby's bread and butter has always been coaching up original Grizzlies. He will at least have his recruits on that list ready to dominate next year. Much OL worry bout nothin.
[/quote
Can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear!

Spanky2 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Why on Earth would Bobby recruit sow's ears? Further, I don't agree that his OL recruits are sow's ears. Finally, I don't think it's helpful, productive, or useful for you to call these kids sow's ears on eGriz. Be better.

AllWeatherFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Why on Earth would Bobby recruit sow's ears?

Lower cost of attendance? https://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/article/2015-09-03/cost-attendance-qa

Maybe. But I'm tired of Spanky throwing Bobby's recruits under the sleigh.

Spanky2 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
AllWeatherFan said:
SoldierGriz said:

Cole Sain
Cody Hartsoch
Trevor Welnel
Gerrit Bloemendaal
Conor Quick
Sean Anderson
Cody Kanouse
Tyler Ganoung

[/quote

no but you can make hotdogs...and we know how that played out for us the first time

CDAGRIZ said:
AllWeatherFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Lower cost of attendance? https://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/article/2015-09-03/cost-attendance-qa

Don’t care what you are tired of. My comment is harsh as it applies to freshmen. However, we have all seen the ongoing performance of the existing OL and it applies to them. I want us to win football games, so I call it as I see it.

AllWeatherFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Spanky2 said:

Cole Sain
Cody Hartsoch
Trevor Welnel
Gerrit Bloemendaal
Conor Quick
Sean Anderson
Cody Kanouse
Tyler Ganoung

..I would say these are probably Germer recruits...I remember talking with Scott Gregg during
recruiting OL...he told me they had good recruits but all were eventually recruited to FBS
the last week of signing...so l think its wise to keep quiet about OL recruits because there are
bigger fish in the pond waiting to gobble them up..l think Hauck realizes this and keeps quiet..

CDAGRIZ said:
SoldierGriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:
SoldierGriz said:

Cole Sain
Cody Hartsoch
Trevor Welnel
Gerrit Bloemendaal
Conor Quick
Sean Anderson
Cody Kanouse
Tyler Ganoung

Cody Hartsoch
Trevor Welnel
Gerrit Bloemendaal

Great...let's meet here in 3 to 4 years and celebrate. Bookmarked.

Spanky2 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
AllWeatherFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Don’t care what you are tired of. My comment is harsh as it applies to freshmen. However, we have all seen the ongoing performance of the existing OL and it applies to them. I want us to win football games, so I call it as I see it.

So you’re ready to throw out the entire group simply because they weren’t recruited by Hauck? Without EVER seeing whether they’re worth a shit or not?

SoldierGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
SoldierGriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Cole Sain
Cody Hartsoch
Trevor Welnel
Gerrit Bloemendaal
Conor Quick
Sean Anderson
Cody Kanouse
Tyler Ganoung

Cody Hartsoch
Trevor Welnel
Gerrit Bloemendaal

Great...let's meet here in 3 to 4 years and celebrate. Bookmarked.
Woohoo!

AZGrizFan said:
Spanky2 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
AllWeatherFan said:

So you’re ready to throw out the entire group simply because they weren’t recruited by Hauck? Without EVER seeing whether they’re worth a shit or not?

No, he called the Hauck recruits sow's ears. Great look.

Back