• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Offensive Line

Spanky2 said:
Box you are the one that said FCS JC transfers are raw, middle of the road. I’m saying Uperesa wasn’t raw or middle of the road.
How did you become an expert on JC transfers?

You are a pretty dense fella. Did I ever comment on Uperesa specifically? Did I ever say that a JC player could not pan out? Did I ever say to not recruit JC players? I will wait.

Well, Box, you have been giving reasons why recruiting JC players might not be a good idea for UM suggesting they might not have the talent we would like. I have stated that we need new talent for our OL and we should pursue JC transfers and FBS drop down transfers. We can take your negative position and do nothing or we can give it a try. Otherwise, we wait for our existing players to gain weight and become more nasty.

Spanky2 said:
Well, Box, you have been giving reasons why recruiting JC players might not be a good idea for UM suggesting they might not have the talent we would like. I have stated that we need new talent for our OL and we should pursue JC transfers and FBS drop down transfers. We can take your negative position and do nothing or we can give it a try. Otherwise, we wait for our existing players to gain weight and become more nasty.

And we wait, and wait, and wait...

Where is Germer today?

Spanky2 said:

No, what I said was people should temper their expectations with JC recruits.

Note that UM has held back scholarships hoping to pick up FBS recruits who end up not being offered, or not being offered what they want and where they want.

UM should recruit the best OL talent they can, whether that is HS or JC. All I'm saying is that it isn't common for a JC OL recruit to contribute their first year at the FBS or the FCS level. All for it though, if they do find a JC transfer that can start right away.

SoldierGriz said:
Not a single O-line verbal to date according to Payton's running tally...

No but i would bet on 2 of our offers from HS kids being pretty darn close to committing to us at this point.

High School recruits are excellent for the future, however, we need immediate help on the OL. If we don’t get it, another disappointing season may be ahead.

Spanky2 said:
High School recruits are excellent for the future, however, we need immediate help on the OL. If we don’t get it, another disappointing season may be ahead.

Don't forget, this is Bobby's second recruiting season, not his first. Last year's recruits, including the offensive line recruits, will be ready to go next season! :thumb:

Spanky2 said:

You are sure certain a couple of JC guys are the instant answer.

AllWeatherFan said:
Spanky2 said:

Don't forget, this is Bobby's second recruiting season, not his first. Last year's recruits, including the offensive line recruits, will be ready to go next season! :thumb:

Sure thing. They are well coached...just a steady pipeline of All Americans over the last 4 to 5 years....

SoldierGriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Spanky2 said:

Sure thing. They are well coached...just a steady pipeline of All Americans over the last 4 to 5 years....

Huh? I'm talking about Bobby's recruits, not the recruits from the last 4-5 years. That would be:

Cole Sain
Cody Hartsoch
Trevor Welnel
Gerrit Bloemendaal
Conor Quick
Sean Anderson
Cody Kanouse
Tyler Ganoung

AllWeatherFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Spanky2 said:

Huh? I'm talking about Bobby's recruits, not the recruits from the last 4-5 years. That would be:

Cole Sain
Cody Hartsoch
Trevor Welnel
Gerrit Bloemendaal
Conor Quick
Sean Anderson
Cody Kanouse
Tyler Ganoung

Also Dylan Cook transferring in.

AllWeatherFan said:
Spanky2 said:

Last years class was only partially Bobby's recruits. He agreed to honor offers already made by the previous staff due to the short period he had after his hire.

Triwest said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Spanky2 said:

Last years class was only partially Bobby's recruits. He agreed to honor offers already made by the previous staff due to the short period he had after his hire.

Good point. Which of those guys did Stitt offer? Because we can cross them off the list and bring in transfers to fill their spots.

Back