• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

O line update

alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
Actually it was Jensen in ‘17, but the point remains. Bobby likes him some transfers.

Bobby 1.0 brought in Craig Ochs and then handed the reigns to Cole Bergquist. Bobby 2.0 first had Dalton Sneed and then let Cam and Kris Brown battle it out. Cam won the job in fall camp and when he went down, Brown showed that he’s probably not ready to be D1 starter yet so he brought in one more guy for a Sr season. I’d say it’s a definite safe bet that next year Britt or Brown will more then likely win the starting job and then you’ll have your non-transfer QB, just like next year you’ll start to see more HS recruited lineman on the O line, except for Forbes and Mayginnis who will be Sr’s.

ochs first showed up when glenn was still the hc.

in other news, kem is still stuck on whining about stitt, and tries to use this to stifle any discussion about hauck's possible recruiting weaknesses. all coaches 'miss' from time to time, but the columbus cop will denigrate anyone who actually brings it up with respect to hauck. oh, and he knows more about 1960's, 185 lb line play than you, so you can't talk!

alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
Actually it was Jensen in ‘17, but the point remains. Bobby likes him some transfers.

Plus, if your position group is young and inexperienced and you have an older more seasoned player want to come here and play, why not keep that option open? It’s not great team management to not use all the tools available to you and handicap yourself where your competitors are utilizing a wide open pool of older, possibly better players to choose from. These guys are usually FBS cus they were better then the recruits that went to the FCS when they were high school Sr’s. The transfer portal is going to open up many more options then just high school Sr’s way more then years past. Times are changing. Quit using an abacus when there’s calculators out there now AZ.

:lol: :lol:

argh! said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Bobby 1.0 brought in Craig Ochs and then handed the reigns to Cole Bergquist. Bobby 2.0 first had Dalton Sneed and then let Cam and Kris Brown battle it out. Cam won the job in fall camp and when he went down, Brown showed that he’s probably not ready to be D1 starter yet so he brought in one more guy for a Sr season. I’d say it’s a definite safe bet that next year Britt or Brown will more then likely win the starting job and then you’ll have your non-transfer QB, just like next year you’ll start to see more HS recruited lineman on the O line, except for Forbes and Mayginnis who will be Sr’s.

in other news, kem is still stuck on whining about stitt, and tries to use this to stifle any discussion about hauck's possible recruiting weaknesses. all coaches 'miss' from time to time, but the columbus cop will denigrate anyone who actually brings it up with respect to hauck. oh, and he knows more about 1960's, 185 lb line play than you, so you can't talk!
Huh?

argh! said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Are you suggesting that Stitt just missed "from time to time"? Outside of saying WR maybe, what about the Stitt tenure would suggest this? The guy was just not a good head coach for several reasons.

AZGrizFan said:
uofmman1122 said:
Gustafson in '16

You said not because of injuries, though. And yeah, it felt like we had a transfer QB come in for nearly every year of his first tenure, too. Worked out ok.

uofmman1122 said:
AZGrizFan said:
You said not because of injuries, though. And yeah, it felt like we had a transfer QB come in for nearly every year of his first tenure, too. Worked out ok.

Oh, snap. Completely forgot about that gruesome Phillips leg injury….poor bastard. :shock:

AZGrizFan said:
uofmman1122 said:

Oh, snap. Completely forgot about that gruesome Phillips leg injury….poor bastard. :shock:
Oof, no kidding. I was in the NEZ, and my dad turned to me like “your eyes are better than mine, how does he look?”

And I just said “….his foot’s not supposed to point that way” lol

uofmman1122 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Oof, no kidding. I was in the NEZ, and my dad turned to me like “your eyes are better than mine, how does he look?”

And the TV coverage just kept showing it over and over and over and everyone watching wanted to barf. It was awful.

HelenaHandBasket said:
argh! said:

Are you suggesting that Stitt just missed "from time to time"? Outside of saying WR maybe, what about the Stitt tenure would suggest this? The guy was just not a good head coach for several reasons.

interesting to only me, i guess, is that i have never written or said that stitt was a good coach. i think most anyone reading this knows his recruiting strengths and weaknesses, not to mention hat color.

Da Boyz Mom said:
uofmman1122 said:

And the TV coverage just kept showing it over and over and over and everyone watching wanted to barf. It was awful.
Well, they did warn viewers that they might not want to watch.

Back