• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Never to Early 2023 Poll - Griz #9

ordigger said:
AZGrizFan said:
Based on…..?

I’m an optimist.

But clearly the offense will be better. I see all groups being far better. And I don’t buy into the OL was bad BS. It was good but inconsistent. We return 4 of them and they will be far better. As for defense, only Justin Ford will be hard to replace with no obvious player filling his role.

The only potential weakness is the coaching but we shall see how the new role assignments work out

I’m curious how you figure the offense will be better?

SaskGriz said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
One thing I've noticed in Hauck's offensive scheme of things these days, is that back between 2003-09 Hauck used TEs extensively, sometimes two at the same time; great in the red zone. Nowadays it's hardly one at a time. When Jake Olson was signed I thought he'd be in line for being an All-American candidate by his sophomore year. What gives?
Outside of Grossman, the three TE's that played the most; Rensvold, Elwell, and Barker caught 6 passes for 37 yards and no TD's.

And they made lots of blocks.

mthoopsfan said:
SaskGriz said:
Outside of Grossman, the three TE's that played the most; Rensvold, Elwell, and Barker caught 6 passes for 37 yards and no TD's.

Can you imagine grossman in the Cats offense? Dude would be unstoppable.

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Except for your boy Mellott would only be able to hit him 1 out of every 3 tries. I guess they could make him a running back 😂. Yeah I know that stings you a little bit cat fan.

SaskGriz said:

The other TE’s on the team caught a total of 12 passes for 73 yards.
Grossman caught 28 for 397.

Brammer (whom you left off for some reason) had the 2nd most behind Grossman.

AZGrizFan said:
SaskGriz said:

The other TE’s on the team caught a total of 12 passes for 73 yards.
Grossman caught 28 for 397.

Brammer (whom you left off for some reason) had the 2nd most behind Grossman.
I left Brammer off because he was not in the regular rotation at TE. His 6 catches were all in the fourth quarter of blow out games (Indiana St when it was 42-7, Cal Poly when in was 50-0, and Eastern Washington when it was 56-7). This is in no way a shot at Brammer I think he could be really good going forward with the GRIZ.

HookedonGriz said:
uptopgriz said:

Except for your boy Mellott would only be able to hit him 1 out of every 3 tries. I guess they could make him a running back 😂. Yeah I know that stings you a little bit cat fan.

The Cat’s te’s were horrible and we couldn’t cover them.

uptopgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

I guess it depends what you expect from a tight end. Cats tight ends were used primarily as blockers, but against the Griz I seem to recall a tight end throwing a td pass......to another tight end. I wouldn't call that horrible - at least not on on the offensive side of the ball. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bear Spray said:
uptopgriz said:

I guess it depends what you expect from a tight end. Cats tight ends were used primarily as blockers, but against the Griz I seem to recall a tight end throwing a td pass......to another tight end. I wouldn't call that horrible - at least not on on the offensive side of the ball. :lol: :lol: :lol:

To be fair he did say we couldn’t cover them. :lol:

Bear Spray said:
uptopgriz said:

Here's the stats for both of their te's 4 61 15.3 1 28
2 50 25.0 0 26. 6 completions. 15 yards and 25 yards per reception.

We’ll lose to Ferris. They’re better than us. We’ll still go 7-4 though. 5-3 in the league games. Win one, lose one in the playoffs. Finish at No. 17 in the polls.

mthoopsfan said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
One thing I've noticed in Hauck's offensive scheme of things these days, is that back between 2003-09 Hauck used TEs extensively, sometimes two at the same time; great in the red zone. Nowadays it's hardly one at a time. When Jake Olson was signed I thought he'd be in line for being an All-American candidate by his sophomore year. What gives?

Not true. Griz still use TE"s and multiple TE's fairly often.

Oh, I must have confused this year's scheme with 2009 wherein TE's Steve Pfahler played 14 games with 30 passes caught for 384 yards and 4 TDs. This along with a Dan Beaudin in 15 games caught 31 passes for 384 yards and 4 TDs. For I was but wondering since there is a distinctive difference, seemingly, in place of but one Cole Grossman. If you don't mind me asking, that is.

WyomingGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:
Not true. Griz still use TE"s and multiple TE's fairly often.

Oh, I must have confused this year's scheme with 2009 wherein TE's Steve Pfahler played 14 games with 30 passes caught for 384 yards and 4 TDs. This along with a Dan Beaudin in 15 games caught 31 passes for 384 yards and 4 TDs. For I was but wondering since there is a distinctive difference, seemingly, in place of but one Cole Grossman. If you don't mind me asking, that is.

Is this English? Could you write this in English please? :?

AZGrizFan said:
WyomingGrizFan said:

What's so non-English about it? But a simple assessment and observation. One would think with all the TEs on the roster, considering their individual résumés, that we'd have the best TE corps in the conference. Considering previous stints, 2003-2009, I was but wondering why the difference in offensive strategies. You don't mind do you, with your white boy land of the free, do you?

Not every team has a guy like the Bowers kid at Georgia.

Pfhaler, despite not putting up video game numbers, got a shot at the NFL. He did play on a teams with the likes of Reynolds and Mariani and Beaudin, so getting something thrown his way meant he was productive. His pal Beaudin got an NFL invite as well. Whatever the passing strategy was supposed to be this season, and despite being told regularly that the ball went where it was supposed to go, TE's in general and the game breaker, got short-shrift, as did the spaces on the field between the numbers.

Maybe there's a Beaudin or Pfhaler in that group we haven't seen yet? We should be so lucky.

WyomingGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:

What's so non-English about it? But a simple assessment and observation. One would think with all the TEs on the roster, considering their individual résumés, that we'd have the best TE corps in the conference. Considering previous stints, 2003-2009, I was but wondering why the difference in offensive strategies. You don't mind do you, with your white boy land of the free, do you?

Let me help you with the quote function. :lol:

and you are one strange little man.

getgrizzy said:
We’ll lose to Ferris. They’re better than us. We’ll still go 7-4 though. 5-3 in the league games. Win one, lose one in the playoffs. Finish at No. 17 in the polls.

Great, eGriz is gonna be train wreck for years.

AZGrizFan said:
WyomingGrizFan said:

Yeah, right. Always that way isn't it? Always the personal references when you can't deal with the subject matter.

I like this team a lot I think they make it to at least the semi's. Brought some good talent in the portal and Recruiting. I think the lack of kids leaving in the portal says that they like the staff better then some egriz posters. Ndsu, sac st, and weber will fall off this next season. Griz should finish no worse then Second in conference. (idaho game will be for second in conference) I'm hoping for a few changes in the staff and tweaks to playcalling.
Many of you will say i'm crazy , however I don't think the team or staff is bad and if they take care of business in conference and get a few home playoff games they can make it to the semi finals (probably in bozeman).

WyomingGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:

Yeah, right. Always that way isn't it? Always the personal references when you can't deal with the subject matter.

Again with the inability to utilize the quote function. Are you challenged?

And it’s not “personal references”. Your posts just don’t utilize the English language very well. Difficult to read.

Back