• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU vs. Ill State Game Thread

Cuervohola said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Cuervohola said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Meh....Griz couldn’t win the games when it counted and were the 4th best team in their conference.

NDSU went undefeated in the hardest conference in the FCS.

UM beat 2 playoff teams all year during the regular season and did not win a single game on the road against a ranked opponent.

NDSU beat 4 playoff teams during the regular season, two of which were on the road.

Griz play in the outside, not in the Heated Hillbillydome. But, that's just a fact, not a complaint. The observation is, the MVFC isn't even as good as the CAA.

Rankings don't mean much, with the Hillbillies having the 10th ranked strength of schedule, and Kennesaw State being ranked #4 for much of the season after beating 2 NAIA teams.

Now, you can say why your conference is the best. I could care less about the Big Sky, I wish the Griz weren't in a conference.

What is even your point? You constantly have these ramblings that make literally no sense.

It doesn't make sense to you... That's all anybody needs to know.

What? Are North Dakota fans talking smack?

You're not even the good Dakota!

Cuervohola said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Cuervohola said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Meh....Griz couldn’t win the games when it counted and were the 4th best team in their conference.

NDSU went undefeated in the hardest conference in the FCS.

UM beat 2 playoff teams all year during the regular season and did not win a single game on the road against a ranked opponent.

NDSU beat 4 playoff teams during the regular season, two of which were on the road.

Griz play in the outside, not in the Heated Hillbillydome. But, that's just a fact, not a complaint. The observation is, the MVFC isn't even as good as the CAA.

Rankings don't mean much, with the Hillbillies having the 10th ranked strength of schedule, and Kennesaw State being ranked #4 for much of the season after beating 2 NAIA teams.

Now, you can say why your conference is the best. I could care less about the Big Sky, I wish the Griz weren't in a conference.

What is even your point? You constantly have these ramblings that make literally no sense.

I think the fact that the Bison are 14-0, play in the toughest FCS conference (according to Sagarin) and have won 7 out of the last 8 national championships, should probably lay credit to the claim that they do something right and haven’t been handed what they have taken.

Relax, the Jizz have next year.

2011BisonAlumni said:
Cuervohola said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Cuervohola said:

I think the fact that the Bison are 14-0, play in the toughest FCS conference (according to Sagarin) and have won 7 out of the last 8 national championships, should probably lay credit to the claim that they do something right and haven’t been handed what they have taken.

C'mon, Man! You can figure out a better nickname than that. The NDSU players' biggest concern this upcoming weekend is how much Air Conditioning they will need in the Hillbilly Dome.

Winning constantly in a tropical location just makes us laugh. Inside. Turf... HAHAHA

The Bison are a historically great team. They are Wooden UCLA good. Nobody can talk smack about them, but there is no question that they benefit from playing a cake walk regular season. Illinois State are garbage, they have a single player and it went to a field goal kicking contest. The BSC has been travelling and beating the holy hell out of each other for 11 weeks, the number six team in our conference took you to the finish line last year. Can you imagine if they were fresh off of having playing half their games in a gym? And before you try to chirp me, I'm from Saskatchewan, your cold weather comes from us and we play football outdoors

2011BisonAlumni said:
Cuervohola said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Cuervohola said:

How many posts is that for you on eGriz on a T-Buff game day trying to convince people that the Bizon are good? 25?

SaskGriz said:
The Bison are a historically great team. They are Wooden UCLA good. Nobody can talk smack about them, but there is no question that they benefit from playing a cake walk regular season. Illinois State are garbage, they have a single player and it went to a field goal kicking contest. The BSC has been travelling and beating the holy hell out of each other for 11 weeks, the number six team in our conference took you to the finish line last year. Can you imagine if they were fresh off of having playing half their games in a gym? And before you try to chirp me, I'm from Saskatchewan, your cold weather comes from us and we play football outdoors

Western Illinois, by far the worst team in the MVFC, took Montana State, a semi-final team to the line. A month and a half ago, UND beat them.

The MVFC, whether you can stomach it or not, is still the toughest conference in the league. Go look up the Sagarin ratings.

Do you know that NDSU played and beat more ranked teams than any school in the FCS this year?

For the last 9 years, the Bison have played in the toughest conference in the FCS. You guys are acting like the MVFC is the freaking MEAC or something. Give it a break.

I’ve said it all season long, there are two teams playing for the national championship in JMU and NDSU. The Big Fluffy fatigue excuse is bush league. Cold weather is nothing compared to the physicality of the MVFC. Besides that, half your league is either indoors (Idaho, Idaho State, NAU) or play in warm weather (Sac State, Davis, Poly, SUU). There are fare more inclement weather games played in the MVFC.

2011BisonAlumni said:
SaskGriz said:

Western Illinois, by far the worst team in the MVFC, took Montana State, a semi-final team to the line. A month and a half ago, UND beat them.

The MVFC, whether you can stomach it or not, is still the toughest conference in the league. Go look up the Sagarin ratings.

Do you know that NDSU played and beat more ranked teams than any school in the FCS this year?

For the last 9 years, the Bison have played in the toughest conference in the FCS. You guys are acting like the MVFC is the freaking MEAC or something. Give it a break.

I’ve said it all season long, there are two teams playing for the national championship in JMU and NDSU. The Big Fluffy fatigue excuse is bush league.

No. The Missouri Valley is softer than the BSC. I mean, you can’t really argue otherwise with a straight face.

Cuervohola said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Cuervohola said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

C'mon, Man! You can figure out a better nickname than that. The NDSU players' biggest concern this upcoming weekend is how much Air Conditioning they will need in the Hillbilly Dome.

Winning constantly in a tropical location just makes us laugh. Inside. Turf... HAHAHA

It was -10 yesterday in Fargo with 30 below windchills.

Ya dude, you are right. The Bison should ditch a multimillion dollar facility with the best home field advantage in the FCS, to play outdoors and have no fans show up for that shit.

It’s all about showing how much of a man you are, not building a program and having facilities which best enable you to have success right ?

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
SaskGriz said:

I’ve said it all season long, there are two teams playing for the national championship in JMU and NDSU. The Big Fluffy fatigue excuse is bush league.

No. The Missouri Valley is softer than the BSC. I mean, you can’t really argue otherwise with a straight face.

What does the Sagarin rating show right now CDA?

Why did the MVFC win the head to head battle against the Big Sky this year if the Big Sky was the better conference?

If it wasn’t relevant, why does the Big Sky utilize their Sagarin rating as a tie-breaker for auto-bid?

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
SaskGriz said:

Why did the MVFC win the head to head battle against the Big Sky this year if the Big Sky was the better conference?

If it wasn’t relevant, why does the Big Sky utilize their Sagarin rating as a tie-breaker for auto-bid?

Missouri Valley is top heavy. Skews the rating. BSC is the stronger conference overall.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Missouri Valley is top heavy. Skews the rating. BSC is the stronger conference overall.

LMFAO....can’t make this crap up.

Dude, the Big Sky had 8 out of 13 teams with losing record this year.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Lot of FBS OOC games (that weren’t against schools with that stupid regional dialect). BSC is definitely the stronger conference. Two teams in the semifinals. Might have been three with a better draw. End of story.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Why are you here? If you're a lost Buffili that has a red nose or was otherwise kicked out of your pack, we'll adopt you, umkay. There's rules that have to be followed, though. Make sure to wear nylons on all your huffs for your march from Minnesota so you don't get ankle blisters, umkay... You don't have to put on Griz colors at the MT border, but you have to ditch the hideous Yeahllow and Green. make sure to spear a few bales of Hay with your little horn things so you can have a lay down when you get to Missoula umkay. We will set up a little manger for you and provide plenty of light, but we won't sing a damn thing to you. You can listen to favorites such as "Follow me Buffili", "Buffili Song", "Where the Buffili roam", and "Like a Buffili virgin", but not too loud, as people are sleeping around the U. If you talk, we will deny your existence. Lights out at 10 umkay.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Lot of FBS OOC games (that weren’t against schools with that stupid regional dialect). BSC is definitely the stronger conference. Two teams in the semifinals. Might have been three with a better draw. End of story.

Shoulda woulda coulda....Weber State dam near got beat by KSU two weeks, a team that did not deserve to have been in the playoffs, and the Big Sky conference co-champs were blown out in round 1.

We will see how many Big Sky teams are playing after next weekend.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Shoulda woulda coulda....Weber State dam near got beat by KSU two weeks, a team that did not deserve to have been in the playoffs, and the Big Sky conference co-champs were blown out in round 1.

It doesn’t matter. The BSC is the strongest in all of FCS. Missouri Valley might be third. The “best” team in the conference isn’t very dominant this year.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

It doesn’t matter. The BSC is the strongest in all of FCS. Missouri Valley might be third. The “best” team in the conference isn’t very dominant this year.

You’ve been spewing the NDSU decline garbage since 2013. Every year they have been down, on the decline, not as good as last year, in danger, not favored etc etc.

Do you ever realize you’ve been constantly wrong?

They are 14-0 and the defense is giving up 11 points per game. Their average margin of victory is 26 points and they have the 8th ranked team in terms of total offense.

Keep in mind, they are doing this with a redshirt freshman QB, a rookie head coach and starting lineup of mostly freshman and sophomores.

The same UNI team that held the vaunted Dukes to 17 on Friday gave up 46 to NDSU. When that offense is clicking, there isn’t a team in the FCS capable of beating them.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

You’ve been spewing the NDSU decline garbage since 2013. Every year they have been down, on the decline, not as good as last year, in danger, not favored etc etc.

They are 14-0 and the defense is giving up 11 points per game. Their average margin of victory is 26 points and they have the 8th ranked team in terms of total offense.
Congrats on 1,000 posts defending your insecurities on eGriz.com! :thumb: :lol:

uofmman1122 said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Congrats on 1,000 posts defending your insecurities on eGriz.com! :thumb: :lol:

Congratulation! Unfortunately, eGriz doesn't have the free stick of butter per 1000 post giveaway. Nevertheless, thanks for displaying your insecurities and low e-go on e-Griz!

Back