• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU vs. Ill State Game Thread

AllWeatherFan said:
I’ve decided that UNDSU wouldn’t beat Clemson after all.

I was planning on watching this game today, but didn’t realize they kicked off at fucking 6am. Glad I missed the same old dull T-Buff football. What an electric factory. No wonder they need the WWE laser show to keep the fats interested.

CDAGRIZ said:
AllWeatherFan said:

I was planning on watching this game today, but didn’t realize they kicked off at f***[*] 6am. Glad I missed the same old dull T-Buff football. What an electric factory. No wonder they need the WWE laser show to keep the fats interested.

I like watching teams who know how to win football games.

Sorry you are bored with the winning.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
AllWeatherFan said:

I was planning on watching this game today, but didn’t realize they kicked off at f***[*] 6am. Glad I missed the same old dull T-Buff football. What an electric factory. No wonder they need the WWE laser show to keep the fats interested.

Yeah, pretty lame team to watch. Extremely beatable having eeked it out quite a bit this season.

AllWeatherFan said:

Some of their fans think they would beat Alabama on a neutral field. I’m not using that as a figure of speech; I’m being very literal. I wish I was joking.

Anyway Cats versus Fats next weekend. Should be a pretty good game given how underpowered the T-Buffs offense is again this year.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Huh, that's weird that the Fargo Heated Hillbillies haven't traveled to Missoula lately. That is very odd. Oh well, I guess they just love their patsy schedule, and the fact the people voting to keep them in their Heated dome YAY! don't actually do their jobs.

I would rather lose in a battle in the Wild than win over and over in a Princess! Dome.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Yeah, pretty lame team to watch. Extremely beatable having eeked it out quite a bit this season.

You keep saying extremely beatable, but they are undefeated.

3 games this season that have been played within 14 points....average margin of victory is 26 points and they are only giving up 11 points per game.

CDAGRIZ said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Some of their fans think they would beat Alabama on a neutral field. I’m not using that as a figure of speech; I’m being very literal. I wish I was joking.

Anyway Cats versus Fats next weekend. Should be a pretty good game given how underpowered the T-Buffs offense is again this year.

Griz game should be good next weekend

Cuervohola said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Huh, that's weird that the Fargo Heated Hillbillies haven't traveled to Missoula lately. That is very odd. Oh well, I guess they just love their patsy schedule, and the fact the people voting to keep them in their Heated dome YAY! don't actually do their jobs.

I would rather lose in a battle in the Wild than win over and over in a Princess! Dome.

They don’t play in the same conference nor do they have an infatuation with playing the Griz. Rumor has it they are working on renewing a series with Montana State and Weber State as they wish to play the premiere programs in the Big Sky.

Keep telling yourself that as the Griz are sitting at home next weekend and are going on 20 years since they have won a National championship.

The premiere program in the state of Montana is traveling to Fargo next weekend.

cclarkblues said:
NDSU might have very well lost if the refs hadn't blown a call.

Funny how everyone mentions that call, but doesn’t mention the blatant PI call that should have set the Bison up at the 1 yard line at the end of the second half.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

3 games this season that have been played within 14 points....average margin of victory is 26 points and they are only giving up 11 points per game.

Meh, weak conference and weaker OOC schedule. If you actually watched the games, you’d see that they aren’t very dominant. I see an L against MSU and definitely against JMU.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
AllWeatherFan said:

They’re not playing, but you’ll be posting! Haha! Keep posting. I bet you post again, on eGriz, on a Game day, when the Griz are out and haven’t played the Buffs since 2015. Golden.

2011BisonAlumni said:
Cuervohola said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Keep telling yourself that as the Griz are sitting at home next weekend and are going on 20 years since they have won a National championship.

The premiere program in the state of Montana is traveling to Fargo next weekend.
It's a damn good thing you guys have had a good team the last few years, because there isn't a single other thing your entire state has going for it. A good football team, and that's it. Sorry, you also have the Medora Musical, so that's two things. 👌🏻

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Meh, weak conference and weaker OOC schedule. If you actually watched the games, you’d see that they aren’t very dominant. I see an L against MSU and definitely against JMU.

Well you know next to nothing about football, nor have watched any Bison games....the games you “claim” to have watched, have all been games where the Bison haven’t completely obliterated teams like Illinois State, UNI etc. You follow scores and post online like you actually know anything.

Fact is, 99% you have screamed the Bison are going to get beat, they end up winning.

SubGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Cuervohola said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

It's a damn good thing you guys have had a good team the last few years, because there isn't a single other thing your entire state has going for it. A good football team, and that's it. Sorry, you also have the Medora Musical, so that's two things. 👌🏻

Well I disagree with that assessment, but I also don’t live in ND anymore either.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
AllWeatherFan said:

They’re not playing, but you’ll be posting! Haha! Keep posting. I bet you post again, on eGriz, on a Game day, when the Griz are out and haven’t played the Buffs since 2015. Golden.

Said it before and I’ll say it again....egriz is the second best place to discuss NDSU football. It is all you fucking talk about.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Well you know next to nothing about football, nor have watched any Bison games....the games you “claim” to have watched, have all been games where the Bison haven’t completely obliterated teams like Illinois State, UNI etc. You follow scores and post online like you actually know anything.

Fact is, 99% you have screamed the Bison are going to get beat, they end up winning.

Yeah, I watch them when I can. It’s not like your obsession with the Griz or anything, but I’ll watch if another game isn’t on. They haven’t looked impressive to me. I know that can be hard to hear for you.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Said it before and I’ll say it again....egriz is the second best place to discuss NDSU football. It is all you fucking talk about.

Post again! I think the next one will sway everybody!

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Yeah, I watch them when I can. It’s not like your obsession with the Griz or anything, but I’ll watch if another game isn’t on. They haven’t looked impressive to me. I know that can be hard to hear for you.

The team is basically a bunch of freshman and sophomores, replaced arguably the greatest FCS coach of all time, the best FCS quarterback of all time and a senior class who went undefeated and steamrolled their way to a national championship

And all they have done is go 14-0 and statistically dominated their opponents all year. The regression from last year, especially considering the youth, has been minimal. Defensively, they might be better in some ways.

The offense that you mentioned being “regressive”, might be the best in the FCS when they are clicking on all cylinders.

They needed 4 points to win the game today. Once they were up by 9, there wasn’t any point in taking chances. Illinois State couldn’t score on them.

Back