• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU Gets Chick-fil-A & McDonalds at the White House

catsack said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
economic boom started under obama. not sure about the "huge" increase in minority job #s, but i would say that obama wasn't particularly good for minorities. as for china, the biggest issues in my opinion are their state-sponsored stealing of technology and ip, along with the constant breaking of wto regulations. that all looks to continue under the vague new foreign investment law they are about to pass. i also don't for a second believe they are going to buy as much agricultural product as they claim. then there is their debt diplomacy, building of concentration camps in xinjiang, hostage taking (canadiens), etc... trump gets an "a" for at least starting to get people to pay attention, but i think what is needed to get them to straighten up their act are coalitions europe, southeast asia, etc, that have some teeth. also, getting rid of the pacific trade pact was counter productive. wage growth for women? not sure where you are getting that. as for north korea, i was all for meeting them the first time, but they already know their missiles work, and it has just been more of the same b.s. from them, except now kim has a greatly improved stature in the world, which is not good. i expect much more trouble from them soon. the middle east? pulling out of the iran deal was a bad move, and sponsorship of dictatorships like saudia arabia is not good. also, didn't obama increase our presence in the middle east, something trump is undoing?

huge increases in optimism? got a source? how about the huge increase in, and normalization of, lying? that's why people constantly make excuses for trump - which, by the way, was what my comment was about in the first place.

It is just not true than any economic boom began under Obama. Obama got the economy to 2%, said that was the best that could be done, and then it started dropping. What you said is just a Dem talking point. People like you, and most Dems, don't know enough about economics to even understand that. Much of the improvement in the economy is from Trump known as being business friendly, the tax cuts, and the deregulation. Obama presided over the longest period of time in modern US history without significant improvement to the economy.

This was from a Sept. article. The economy has continued to be strong.

"The rate of GDP growth was decelerating in Obama's in 2016. It went from 2.3% in Q2, to 1.9% in Q3 to 1.8% in Q4 of 2016. Under Trump, GDP growth has averaged 2.9%. It was 4.2% last quarter and might be higher in the current one."

From the NPR fact check:

"Trump is right that African-American unemployment hit a record low in December. The unemployment rate for black Americans is currently 6.8 percent, the lowest level recorded since the government started keeping track in January 1972.

And he's also right that the Hispanic unemployment rate is down a point over the last year — it was at 4.9 percent in December, down from 5.9 percent in December 2016. That is close to a record low, though it's also up 0.1 point from November."

you keep reading what you want to into my statements, greenie. are you trying to deny that the economy didn't improve greatly under obama, versus where it had been when he got into office? it was on a very bad trajectory (the egriz word of the year), and it turned around and continued to grow under obama, although not at the rate it has lately with all the deregulation, etc... also, it is still early days, and sometimes such moves have negative consequences in the long run. for instance, the economy in china has been booming for a very long time (finally starting to slow down), and there has been a pretty steep price to pay - i.e. clean air and water don't exist in big cities. all that newfound wealth doesn't mean as much when you are dying of lung cancer, so i would say there is something to be said for slower, more stable growth. complicated issue, though, and not as simple as you seem to indicate, unless your endpoint is just money.

Trajectory is going in the wrong direction under Obama, down not up so that looks like a bad trajectory!

Trajectory you say? What about the trajectory of the national debt? I don’t give a damn what party you are for, the national debt is an abomination. Spending under Trump = drunken sailor. Tax revenues are going to be a problem and God help coming generations, but hey look over here everyone. We can’t even raise interest rates because we are in a major pickle. Student loans, car debt =‘s the next housing crisis, healthcare out of control. Should I continue or can we all agree that the system is broken and obviously the two parties haven’t gotten anything done? Third party anyone? Now, I sure hope NDSU enjoyed their visit to the White House. They deserved it and it is a safe audience for the POTUS.

Hypo: So, you're in the WH to meet the president and receive congratulations for your 11th NC in only six years. You have McD's and CFA in front of you. You can have as much of either as you want, but you can't switch mid-meal. Which one?

CDAGRIZ said:
Hypo: So, you're in the WH to meet the president and receive congratulations for your 11th NC in only six years. You have McD's and CFA in front of you. You can have as much of either as you want, but you can't switch mid-meal. Which one?

are the fries still hot?

argh! said:
CDAGRIZ said:

are the fries still hot?

Such a great question, and one I'm asked often.
Yes, all of the food is hot for 13 minutes, but cannot be re-heated after that.

Copper Griz said:
catsack said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
It is just not true than any economic boom began under Obama. Obama got the economy to 2%, said that was the best that could be done, and then it started dropping. What you said is just a Dem talking point. People like you, and most Dems, don't know enough about economics to even understand that. Much of the improvement in the economy is from Trump known as being business friendly, the tax cuts, and the deregulation. Obama presided over the longest period of time in modern US history without significant improvement to the economy.

"The rate of GDP growth was decelerating in Obama's in 2016. It went from 2.3% in Q2, to 1.9% in Q3 to 1.8% in Q4 of 2016. Under Trump, GDP growth has averaged 2.9%. It was 4.2% last quarter and might be higher in the current one."

From the NPR fact check:

"Trump is right that African-American unemployment hit a record low in December. The unemployment rate for black Americans is currently 6.8 percent, the lowest level recorded since the government started keeping track in January 1972.

And he's also right that the Hispanic unemployment rate is down a point over the last year — it was at 4.9 percent in December, down from 5.9 percent in December 2016. That is close to a record low, though it's also up 0.1 point from November."

you keep reading what you want to into my statements, greenie. are you trying to deny that the economy didn't improve greatly under obama, versus where it had been when he got into office? it was on a very bad trajectory (the egriz word of the year), and it turned around and continued to grow under obama, although not at the rate it has lately with all the deregulation, etc... also, it is still early days, and sometimes such moves have negative consequences in the long run. for instance, the economy in china has been booming for a very long time (finally starting to slow down), and there has been a pretty steep price to pay - i.e. clean air and water don't exist in big cities. all that newfound wealth doesn't mean as much when you are dying of lung cancer, so i would say there is something to be said for slower, more stable growth. complicated issue, though, and not as simple as you seem to indicate, unless your endpoint is just money.

Trajectory is going in the wrong direction under Obama, down not up so that looks like a bad trajectory!

Trajectory you say? What about the trajectory of the national debt? I don’t give a damn what party you are for, the national debt is an abomination. Spending under Trump = drunken sailor. Tax revenues are going to be a problem and God help coming generations, but hey look over here everyone. We can’t even raise interest rates because we are in a major pickle. Student loans, car debt =‘s the next housing crisis, healthcare out of control. Should I continue or can we all agree that the system is broken and obviously the two parties haven’t gotten anything done? Third party anyone? Now, I sure hope NDSU enjoyed their visit to the White House. They deserved it and it is a safe audience for the POTUS.
Hell according to MSNBC the government is supposed to operate in the red , it’s not good for the economy if we operate in the black! Obama put the ND into a huge slide ! The left has all kinds of huge spending plans, how are we going to pay for them!

Face it, after eight years of Republican free enterprise capitalism with George Bush, this country plunged into the worst depression since the 1930's. Bush bailed just in time to not have to answer for that. Obama came in and cleaned things up and started the recovery that lasts to this day and has been so strong that it has spilled into the next administration with little that Trump has done to take credit for it. We are into 100 months of recovery from the last GOP dynasty depression. Obama owns that...not this so called president.

It's hilarious that all it takes is a chicken sandwich and a few Big Macs for people to go bat shit crazy.

PlayerRep said:
DrainBramage said:
Trump on your team jersey...... questionable long term judgement.

Trump won ND 63% to 27%. Hillary won only 2 counties (both tiny ones). Trump won at least 16 counties with between 80 and 90% of the vote.

Those were counties with Indian reservations. A reservation county with oil voted for him, as the Demos New Green Deal put them in abject poverty.

WARNING: SARCASM ZONE!
"...a reservation county with oil voted for him(Trump), as the Demos New Green Deal(would)put them in abject poverty."
Using left wing propaganda: you are a racist. How dare you use facts and logic with 'our' voters. They need us to provide for them. In turn, we get power over every facet of their lives. The oil money means nothing to them. Independent thinking and self determination do not exist. 'We are in control. We control the vertical. We control the horizontal. We....' are full of shit.

grizpsych said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
How about the booming economy, incredible job creation, high stock market (despite some ill-advised Fed rate increases), seeming progress on US-China tariffs and trade, huge job numbers improvements for minorities, wage growth especially for women, improved NAFTA-like agreement coming, stepped up military presence in Middle East has ISIS on run, huge increases in optimism of Americans in their finances (close to an all-time high), no North Korean missile launches or nuclear testing for 1.5 years?

And, even Michael Cohen says he is not aware of any Russian Collusion. I'll be happy when Trump is gone, but it's hard to argue with the above results, in my view.

economic boom started under obama. not sure about the "huge" increase in minority job #s, but i would say that obama wasn't particularly good for minorities. as for china, the biggest issues in my opinion are their state-sponsored stealing of technology and ip, along with the constant breaking of wto regulations. that all looks to continue under the vague new foreign investment law they are about to pass. i also don't for a second believe they are going to buy as much agricultural product as they claim. then there is their debt diplomacy, building of concentration camps in xinjiang, hostage taking (canadiens), etc... trump gets an "a" for at least starting to get people to pay attention, but i think what is needed to get them to straighten up their act are coalitions europe, southeast asia, etc, that have some teeth. also, getting rid of the pacific trade pact was counter productive. wage growth for women? not sure where you are getting that. as for north korea, i was all for meeting them the first time, but they already know their missiles work, and it has just been more of the same b.s. from them, except now kim has a greatly improved stature in the world, which is not good. i expect much more trouble from them soon. the middle east? pulling out of the iran deal was a bad move, and sponsorship of dictatorships like saudia arabia is not good. also, didn't obama increase our presence in the middle east, something trump is undoing?

huge increases in optimism? got a source? how about the huge increase in, and normalization of, lying? that's why people constantly make excuses for trump - which, by the way, was what my comment was about in the first place.

From the NPR fact check:

What does "got the economy to 2%" mean? If you are referring to GDP, that is just one measure of economic growth, and it is well known that each administration changes the way it is figured.

Here is a nice chart of recent GDP by quarter. It's obviously a measure that varies widely and thus isn't the most valid measure of economic growth in the country.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/188185/percent-chance-from-preceding-period-in-real-gdp-in-the-us/

And even your charts supports what I said. Obama’s GDP was declining and going down when Trump took over, and then started heading up significantly.

Obama should get virtually no credit for the vastly improved economy under Trump.

66volvo said:
Face it, after eight years of Republican free enterprise capitalism with George Bush, this country plunged into the worst depression since the 1930's. Bush bailed just in time to not have to answer for that. Obama came in and cleaned things up and started the recovery that lasts to this day and has been so strong that it has spilled into the next administration with little that Trump has done to take credit for it. We are into 100 months of recovery from the last GOP dynasty depression. Obama owns that...not this so called president.

Bush and Paulson actually saved the economy in their last year. Made great and bold decisions. The US didn’t go into a depression. Get your facts right if you are going to debate me. The declining housing market was the biggest cause of the recession. Many of the policies and laws that allowed and caused the lax lending and mortgages were put in place by Democrats.

Obama continued the good things out I’m place
by Bush and Paulson. But Obama couldn’t get
the economy ramped up. Think Obama presided over slowest recovery and growth in modern history.

Trump reversed a huge number of things Obama had put in place. The US has the best economy in the world now.

For argh:

According to Gallup, Americans are
feeling the best about their financial situation and prospects in 16 years and are the second most optimistic ever (since polls
Taken). https://news.gallup.com/poll/246602/americans-confidence-finances-keeps-growing.aspx

The US currently has the hottest job market in 50 years. See recent Wall St Journal article.

How do you like the current black and Hispanic job numbers? Pretty impressive.

catsack said:
Copper Griz said:
catsack said:
argh! said:

Hell according to MSNBC the government is supposed to operate in the red , it’s not good for the economy if we operate in the black! Obama put the ND into a huge slide ! The left has all kinds of huge spending plans, how are we going to pay for them!

Great question with no question mark! And the answer is: more tax cuts!

PlayerRep said:
For argh:

feeling the best about their financial situation and prospects in 16 years and are the second most optimistic ever (since polls
Taken). https://news.gallup.com/poll/246602/americans-confidence-finances-keeps-growing.aspx

The US currently has the hottest job market in 50 years. See recent Wall St Journal article.

Question - I'm sure I will be considered racist for saying this but how come no one ever mentions white job numbers?

Dillon, you obviously don't know that whites are BORN racist. The official memo was issued early in the Obama regime. :roll:

PlayerRep said:
grizpsych said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:

From the NPR fact check:

What does "got the economy to 2%" mean? If you are referring to GDP, that is just one measure of economic growth, and it is well known that each administration changes the way it is figured.

Here is a nice chart of recent GDP by quarter. It's obviously a measure that varies widely and thus isn't the most valid measure of economic growth in the country.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/188185/percent-chance-from-preceding-period-in-real-gdp-in-the-us/

And even your charts supports what I said. Obama’s GDP was declining and going down when Trump took over, and then started heading up significantly.

Obama should get virtually no credit for the vastly improved economy under Trump.

BO should get some credit...if he would not have put us in such a hole Trump's numbers would not be so impressive...

Dillon said:
PlayerRep said:
For argh:

Question - I'm sure I will be considered racist for saying this but how come no one ever mentions white job numbers?

because all their 401K's have gotten so fat under Trump white people don't have to work....

retiredpopo said:
Dillon said:
PlayerRep said:
For argh:

because all their 401K's have gotten so fat under Trump white people don't have to work....

Damn I wish this was true...

Back