• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU Gets Chick-fil-A & McDonalds at the White House

firmgriz said:
retiredpopo said:
I suppose by the time we get there Kamal Harris will be prez and they will be passing out joints....

PlayerRep you forgot that Trump also fixed in 2 years what Obama could not fix in 8 years....global warming.

That's a odd joke there, because it obviously isn't a serious statement. You smoking those joints there retired popo?

ya think lol.

Too make it clear, the only meals at the White House paid for by tax payers are official state functions. All other dinners are personally paid for by presidents. Thus, every sports team ever to visit and eat at the white house, the meal was paid personally by the president. This president is simply broke or cheap.

$3.35 per chicken sandwich

Two for $5.00 McDonald's sandwiches

Don't get me wrong though. It is very cool that NDSU was invited to the White House by president McDonald Trump.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
reinell30 said:
biga75 said:
[media]https://twitter.com/bethhooleVNL/status/1102617634049273857?s=09[/media]

No Govt shutdown going on, so what's Donny Moscow's excuse for being a cheap ass this time?

May sound cheap to you, but I bet there wasn't a crumb of food left when they got done...

great example of the endless excuse making for trump that his supporters engage in on a daily basis.

How about the booming economy, incredible job creation, high stock market (despite some ill-advised Fed rate increases), seeming progress on US-China tariffs and trade, huge job numbers improvements for minorities, wage growth especially for women, improved NAFTA-like agreement coming, stepped up military presence in Middle East has ISIS on run, huge increases in optimism of Americans in their finances (close to an all-time high), no North Korean missile launches or nuclear testing for 1.5 years?

And, even Michael Cohen says he is not aware of any Russian Collusion. I'll be happy when Trump is gone, but it's hard to argue with the above results, in my view.

economic boom started under obama. not sure about the "huge" increase in minority job #s, but i would say that obama wasn't particularly good for minorities. as for china, the biggest issues in my opinion are their state-sponsored stealing of technology and ip, along with the constant breaking of wto regulations. that all looks to continue under the vague new foreign investment law they are about to pass. i also don't for a second believe they are going to buy as much agricultural product as they claim. then there is their debt diplomacy, building of concentration camps in xinjiang, hostage taking (canadiens), etc... trump gets an "a" for at least starting to get people to pay attention, but i think what is needed to get them to straighten up their act are coalitions europe, southeast asia, etc, that have some teeth. also, getting rid of the pacific trade pact was counter productive. wage growth for women? not sure where you are getting that. as for north korea, i was all for meeting them the first time, but they already know their missiles work, and it has just been more of the same b.s. from them, except now kim has a greatly improved stature in the world, which is not good. i expect much more trouble from them soon. the middle east? pulling out of the iran deal was a bad move, and sponsorship of dictatorships like saudia arabia is not good. also, didn't obama increase our presence in the middle east, something trump is undoing?

huge increases in optimism? got a source? how about the huge increase in, and normalization of, lying? that's why people constantly make excuses for trump - which, by the way, was what my comment was about in the first place.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
reinell30 said:
May sound cheap to you, but I bet there wasn't a crumb of food left when they got done...

great example of the endless excuse making for trump that his supporters engage in on a daily basis.

How about the booming economy, incredible job creation, high stock market (despite some ill-advised Fed rate increases), seeming progress on US-China tariffs and trade, huge job numbers improvements for minorities, wage growth especially for women, improved NAFTA-like agreement coming, stepped up military presence in Middle East has ISIS on run, huge increases in optimism of Americans in their finances (close to an all-time high), no North Korean missile launches or nuclear testing for 1.5 years?

And, even Michael Cohen says he is not aware of any Russian Collusion. I'll be happy when Trump is gone, but it's hard to argue with the above results, in my view.

economic boom started under obama. not sure about the "huge" increase in minority job #s, but i would say that obama wasn't particularly good for minorities. as for china, the biggest issues in my opinion are their state-sponsored stealing of technology and ip, along with the constant breaking of wto regulations. that all looks to continue under the vague new foreign investment law they are about to pass. i also don't for a second believe they are going to buy as much agricultural product as they claim. then there is their debt diplomacy, building of concentration camps in xinjiang, hostage taking (canadiens), etc... trump gets an "a" for at least starting to get people to pay attention, but i think what is needed to get them to straighten up their act are coalitions europe, southeast asia, etc, that have some teeth. also, getting rid of the pacific trade pact was counter productive. wage growth for women? not sure where you are getting that. as for north korea, i was all for meeting them the first time, but they already know their missiles work, and it has just been more of the same b.s. from them, except now kim has a greatly improved stature in the world, which is not good. i expect much more trouble from them soon. the middle east? pulling out of the iran deal was a bad move, and sponsorship of dictatorships like saudia arabia is not good. also, didn't obama increase our presence in the middle east, something trump is undoing?

huge increases in optimism? got a source? how about the huge increase in, and normalization of, lying? that's why people constantly make excuses for trump - which, by the way, was what my comment was about in the first place.

Yeah, there definitely was no significant change in job growth trend between the last 4 years of Obama and the first two years of Trump, regardless of demographics. Indeed, there is a case to say that the job market, 'economy' is growing despite of Trump.

Edit: Also, NAFTA 2.0 or whatever you want to call has only insignificant changes from the original. Plus, I don't think it has been signed into law yet. Does anyone have a source where it has actually been signed into law (i.e., voted on and passed congress)?

Edit 2: According to Wikipedia, the USMCA (NAFTA 2.0) has not been ratified by congress yet. So, NAFTA is still the law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States%E2%80%93Mexico%E2%80%93Canada_Agreement

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
reinell30 said:

It is just not true than any economic boom began under Obama. Obama got the economy to 2%, said that was the best that could be done, and then it started dropping. What you said is just a Dem talking point. People like you, and most Dems, don't know enough about economics to even understand that. Much of the improvement in the economy is from Trump known as being business friendly, the tax cuts, and the deregulation. Obama presided over the longest period of time in modern US history without significant improvement to the economy.

This was from a Sept. article. The economy has continued to be strong.

"The rate of GDP growth was decelerating in Obama's in 2016. It went from 2.3% in Q2, to 1.9% in Q3 to 1.8% in Q4 of 2016. Under Trump, GDP growth has averaged 2.9%. It was 4.2% last quarter and might be higher in the current one."

From the NPR fact check:

"Trump is right that African-American unemployment hit a record low in December. The unemployment rate for black Americans is currently 6.8 percent, the lowest level recorded since the government started keeping track in January 1972.

And he's also right that the Hispanic unemployment rate is down a point over the last year — it was at 4.9 percent in December, down from 5.9 percent in December 2016. That is close to a record low, though it's also up 0.1 point from November."

Including the two main ND food groups. Cagey play. Shameless pandering to the electorate, or just being a good host?

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:

It is just not true than any economic boom began under Obama. Obama got the economy to 2%, said that was the best that could be done, and then it started dropping. What you said is just a Dem talking point. People like you, and most Dems, don't know enough about economics to even understand that. Much of the improvement in the economy is from Trump known as being business friendly, the tax cuts, and the deregulation. Obama presided over the longest period of time in modern US history without significant improvement to the economy.

"The rate of GDP growth was decelerating in Obama's in 2016. It went from 2.3% in Q2, to 1.9% in Q3 to 1.8% in Q4 of 2016. Under Trump, GDP growth has averaged 2.9%. It was 4.2% last quarter and might be higher in the current one."

From the NPR fact check:

"Trump is right that African-American unemployment hit a record low in December. The unemployment rate for black Americans is currently 6.8 percent, the lowest level recorded since the government started keeping track in January 1972.

And he's also right that the Hispanic unemployment rate is down a point over the last year — it was at 4.9 percent in December, down from 5.9 percent in December 2016. That is close to a record low, though it's also up 0.1 point from November."

What does "got the economy to 2%" mean? If you are referring to GDP, that is just one measure of economic growth, and it is well known that each administration changes the way it is figured.

Here is a nice chart of recent GDP by quarter. It's obviously a measure that varies widely and thus isn't the most valid measure of economic growth in the country.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/188185/percent-chance-from-preceding-period-in-real-gdp-in-the-us/

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:

From the NPR fact check:

you keep reading what you want to into my statements, greenie. are you trying to deny that the economy didn't improve greatly under obama, versus where it had been when he got into office? it was on a very bad trajectory (the egriz word of the year), and it turned around and continued to grow under obama, although not at the rate it has lately with all the deregulation, etc... also, it is still early days, and sometimes such moves have negative consequences in the long run. for instance, the economy in china has been booming for a very long time (finally starting to slow down), and there has been a pretty steep price to pay - i.e. clean air and water don't exist in big cities. all that newfound wealth doesn't mean as much when you are dying of lung cancer, so i would say there is something to be said for slower, more stable growth. complicated issue, though, and not as simple as you seem to indicate, unless your endpoint is just money.

CDAGRIZ said:
Including the two main ND food groups. Cagey play. Shameless pandering to the electorate, or just being a good host?

i must've missed seeing the slabs of butter.

Greenie forgot to list all the felonies. That's where he (and his kids and Jared) have been most productive! :lol:

argh! said:
CDAGRIZ said:

i must've missed seeing the slabs of butter.

"Main" food groups, but good point. He was quoted as saying of the food, "I know you people." Hmm.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

From the NPR fact check:

you keep reading what you want to into my statements, greenie. are you trying to deny that the economy didn't improve greatly under obama, versus where it had been when he got into office? it was on a very bad trajectory (the egriz word of the year), and it turned around and continued to grow under obama, although not at the rate it has lately with all the deregulation, etc... also, it is still early days, and sometimes such moves have negative consequences in the long run. for instance, the economy in china has been booming for a very long time (finally starting to slow down), and there has been a pretty steep price to pay - i.e. clean air and water don't exist in big cities. all that newfound wealth doesn't mean as much when you are dying of lung cancer, so i would say there is something to be said for slower, more stable growth. complicated issue, though, and not as simple as you seem to indicate, unless your endpoint is just money.

Trajectory is going in the wrong direction under Obama, down not up so that looks like a bad trajectory!

AllWeatherFan said:
Greenie forgot to list all the felonies. That's where he (and his kids and Jared) have been most productive! :lol:

Sad thing is they can’t keep up with the Clinton Mafia !

Back