• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSU's Indoor Practice Facility

2011BisonAlumni said:
Livininthebush said:
In roughly a decade since south dakta state built their indoor practice facility they went to 3 national championship games and won the last two.

this last team for them was absolutly loaded with talent including three who just got invites from this yearsv nfl combine...How many have the griz sent to the nfl combine in the last decade, or better yet how many griz have been drafted in the nfl draft this decade... :roll:

Brookings south dakotta is hardly paradise, and yet they have been consistently one of the top two teams in the fcs, since they built their indoor practice facility

Keep crowing about how recruits don't care about things like indoor practice facilities and watch teams like sdsu and ndsu keep winning fcs titles as long as they want to Stay in the fcs.

Exactly.

Brookings is a poop. The stadium is nice, but it is not WaGriz, but the practice facilities they have there are impressive. It has definitely made a difference in recruiting.

NDSU was winning championships and owned SDSU. The FM area is way better than Brookings. Yet SDSU overtook NDSU. Why?

Facilities.

When did that happen?

When they opened their indoor practice facility.

NDSU had a bubble compared to SDSU. It made a difference.

Perhaps the consistency of a coach with 25 years at the same institution versus now 4 different NDSU coaches in the span of 11 years (each wanting to put their own spin on the NDSU “formula”) along with key Bizon hitting the portal to FBS, and SDSU finally catching up to NDSU with paying FCOA had more to do with their recent success than an IPF.
It will be interesting to see if Rogers can coach or if he just happened to inherit an amazing roster molded by his predecessor.

I hope it’s obvious to everyone else here that the indoor practice facility is suddenly now the most important part of building an FCS program because it’s the only thing these idiots have on us lol

Livininthebush said:
garizzalies said:
What am I deflecting? The fact that you logged into egriz at 4am?

So sad lil bro. Rent free indeed

I'll TRY to help YOU out... original topic was indoor practice facilities between fcs school, thanks to some it's any but that..

Who cares what time it was or why it matters? The fact is your logged on right now too.
*you’re. It’s a contraction for “you are”.

As in, you’re sounding a bit frazzled. Are you sure your all night bender on egriz is not catching up to you?

Livininthebush said:
ElrodGrizzly said:
And absolutely all of the current facilities at the U of M are superior for recruiting compared to the facilities at MSU. Are you guys really going to try to compare overall facilities now? My god, this thread is deteriorating.
You are entitled to your opinion, as am I, i agree overall the facilities at u.of Montana are better than what msu has, all I'm saying is the some of the facilities make a bigger difference and the indoor practice facilities can be a major part of a recruits future decision on where you wants to go to.

Dude. Can you see China yet? Put down the damn shovel!!

Now, I'll grant you that having an IPL is likely a recruiting advantage for some kids (I believe it's value is overstated, but for the sake of argument, we'll say it is). But do you reeeeaaaaallllly believe the TYPE of IPF makes a difference, or just that there is one? Because to be honest if a kid chooses a school because they have a "prettier" IPF, I don't want him within 10,000 miles of my program anyhow.

garizzalies said:
Livininthebush said:
I'll TRY to help YOU out... original topic was indoor practice facilities between fcs school, thanks to some it's any but that..

Who cares what time it was or why it matters? The fact is your logged on right now too.

As in, you’re sounding a bit frazzled. Are you sure your all night bender on egriz is not catching up to you?

Thanks for proving my point... when you have nothing to add you go to YOUR typical attempt at humor... :clap:

EverettGriz said:
Livininthebush said:
You are entitled to your opinion, as am I, i agree overall the facilities at u.of Montana are better than what msu has, all I'm saying is the some of the facilities make a bigger difference and the indoor practice facilities can be a major part of a recruits future decision on where you wants to go to.

Dude. Can you see China yet? Put down the damn shovel!!

Now, I'll grant you that having an IPL is likely a recruiting advantage for some kids (I believe it's value is overstated, but for the sake of argument, we'll say it is). But do you reeeeaaaaallllly believe the TYPE of IPF makes a difference, or just that there is one? Because to be honest if a kid chooses a school because they have a "prettier" IPF, I don't want him within 10,000 miles of my program anyhow.

EverettGriz, you nailed it. :clap: I agree, it may help recruiting some. But, I think the main thing, like you said, is that there is one and they won't have to practice outdoors in extreme cold and snow in winter or heat in the summer or whatever the foul weather. I agree, don't think they care what it looks like. Both IPFs will be fully functionable and nice additions to the respective FB facilities.

garizzalies said:
Livininthebush said:

Amazing. Having to teach Fourth Grade Language Arts to posters on this site. :roll:

Livininthebush said:
garizzalies said:

Thanks for proving my point... when you have nothing to add you go to YOUR typical attempt at humor... :clap:
That’s your point? You’ve spent 24 hours straight, including a marathon graveyard shift, on your rival’s board and that’s your point?

Just like your field, looks like you are coming up short.

uofmman1122 said:
I hope it’s obvious to everyone else here that the indoor practice facility is suddenly now the most important part of building an FCS program because it’s the only thing these idiots have on us lol

That administration could build an end table out of rusty rebar and easily convince the fan base that it's going to attract recruits because UM doesn't have an end table made of rusty rebar. They'd all buy the bit. That's all it takes. Just mention that UM doesn't have something, and what you actually do ceases to matter to the masses. It's like telling a 5yo that the middle seat on an airplane is actually better because his older brother doesn't get to sit there. The middle seat becomes the most important seat.

2011BisonAlumni said:
Livininthebush said:
And yet some over here will maintain that a collapsable bubble dome is still the way to go, even tho most of the fcs and fbs programs who take their football serious would disagree.

UM’s will be subpar compared to..

SDSU
UND
NDSU
MSU (future)
Youngstown State
Weber State
Tennessee State

Yes. UM has a better stadium.

I’m simply stating the facts. For a top tier FCS football program the bubble will be below the top tier of a similar type of facility.

It is what it is. I’m just saying they should build something better. It is a bandaid.

Montana also has a better team now, than all but SDSU, and better coaches. And better attendance. A nice stadium and attendance are about 25 times more important than a nice in door practice facility.

mthoopsfan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

SDSU
UND
NDSU
MSU (future)
Youngstown State
Weber State
Tennessee State

I’m simply stating the facts. For a top tier FCS football program the bubble will be below the top tier of a similar type of facility.

It is what it is. I’m just saying they should build something better. It is a bandaid.

Montana also has a better team now, than all but SDSU, and better coaches. And better attendance. A nice stadium and attendance are about 25 times more important than a nice in door practice facility.
mthoopsfan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

SDSU
UND
NDSU
MSU (future)
Youngstown State
Weber State
Tennessee State

Wow Hoops, this 2011 Bison Fan just doesn’t get it. As long as you have an IPF it is good. They all serve the same purpose getting players out of bad weather. I don’t think players or recruits care what the place looks like .

bigsky33 said:
mthoopsfan said:
mthoopsfan said:

Wow Hoops, this 2011 Bison Fan just doesn’t get it. As long as you have an IPF it is good. They all serve the same purpose getting players out of bad weather. I don’t think players or recruits care what the place looks like .

Yeah, players don't care at all about things like that.. :lol: just like they don't care about uniform swag, atmosphere of stadium, yeah none of that stuff matters at all..

Livininthebush said:
bigsky33 said:

Yeah, players don't care at all about things like that.. :lol: just like they don't care about uniform swag, atmosphere of stadium, yeah none of that stuff matters at all..
Livininthebush said:
bigsky33 said:

Was only referring to IPFs. Yes, those other factors count with recruits. What an IPF looks like, I don’t think makes a big difference.

bigsky33 said:
Livininthebush said:
Livininthebush said:

Was only referring to IPFs. Yes, those other factors count with recruits. What an IPF looks like, I don’t think makes a big difference.

Livin keeps showing he never played the game. Says a lot of dumb stuff.

mthoopsfan said:
bigsky33 said:

South Carolina State currently has 5 players in the NFL, the same as MSU and Delaware and more than UM. It is a low budget school with an oversized football stadium nearly as large as UM's, but poorly maintained. There is no indoor facility and it is located in one of the poorest county seats in the state. A former cotton gin town now all it has is SCS and they do ok. Amazingly, that school produced 4 hall of fame players, and more nfl players than most fcs leagues combined. Good high school coaching and college mentoring means more than an inside practice field. If any think that 20 below is more uncomfortable than 105 with dew point at 75 y'all need to get out more. Facilities mean a lot but coaching and development are more important.

bigsky33 said:
mthoopsfan said:
mthoopsfan said:

I don't think recruits care about the type of IPF either. And, if UM and MSU's lack of an IPF was holding them back, just think of the great recruits who will start coming our way soon. The Montana schools might get so good that they can skip FBS and jump to the NFL.

GrizLA said:
mthoopsfan said:
South Carolina State currently has 5 players in the NFL, the same as MSU and Delaware and more than UM. It is a low budget school with an oversized football stadium nearly as large as UM's, but poorly maintained. There is no indoor facility and it is located in one of the poorest county seats in the state. A former cotton gin town now all it has is SCS and they do ok. Amazingly, that school produced 4 hall of fame players, and more nfl players than most fcs leagues combined. Good high school coaching and college mentoring means more than an inside practice field. If any think that 20 below is more uncomfortable than 105 with dew point at 75 y'all need to get out more. Facilities mean a lot but coaching and development are more important.

NDSU has 14 players in the NFL. The 54th highest amount/school. Amazing.

South Dakota St have 4. UM has 2, but that doesn't include Toure.

MSU has 6.

Alabama has 4 QB's. Georgia and North Dakota St. have 3 QB's.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/college/

mthoopsfan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

SDSU
UND
NDSU
MSU (future)
Youngstown State
Weber State
Tennessee State

I mean do you really believe that? I’m guessing NDSU opens #1 this next season with what they have coming back.

Again….a double OT win at home didn’t tell me much. If that game is played on a neutral field , I’d take NDSU last year 9 times outta 10.

UM won….not taking that away from them….but I don’t think the better team really won.

2011BisonAlumni said:
mthoopsfan said:

I mean do you really believe that? I’m guessing NDSU opens #1 this next season with what they have coming back.

Again….a double OT win at home didn’t tell me much. If that game is played on a neutral field , I’d take NDSU last year 9 times outta 10.

UM won….not taking that away from them….but I don’t think the better team really won.

If UM had taken advantage of several missed opportunities, UM would have won by 2.5 TD's. NDSU was fortunate to beat the (lowly) Cats. UM crushed the CatesWhat NDSU have coming back? They were good, but not great against UM. They were not great during the season. I assume SDSU will be pre-season no. 1. Are you going to be some Cat posters and declare NDSU as pre-season national champions. Do you realize that the Bison lost 4 games, including 3 in the conference?

Latest posts

Back