• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSU's Indoor Practice Facility

Livininthebush said:
garizzalies said:
Yep, sad but true and funny.
Why does your team always try to cut corners? The lil bro way?
Why doesn’t your team have a special teams coach? Just seems dumb and cheap

Which school should be cutting corners?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://missoulian.com/news/state-regional/education/band-football-fcs-um-griz-msu-cats/article_6d4249d2-a0f3-11ee-b94a-eb51e93967cb.html&ved=2ahUKEwjttLOh-YiEAxV3xuYEHav8CwIQFnoECBEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw39YIkdVHmgk-OKC87P7mXG
Sorry lil bro. I will never click on some link from you guys. Don’t want my phone to get an STI, so no idea what you’re trying to say

To answer your question, lil bro is the school always cutting corners to catch up to UM but it will never happen because the one University and the other college are not analogous to living brothers, where the older one eventually stops growing and the lil bro catches up. Instead, if you want to apply a living simile, it would be trees. UM is the bigger tree and MSdUi is the littler tree that can never catch up.

Livininthebush said:
bigsky33 said:
Here is a better photo.

https://images.app.goo.gl/w3WdSeP3z13uTipe9

And yet some over here will maintain that a collapsable bubble dome is still the way to go, even tho most of the fcs and fbs programs who take their football serious would disagree.

UM’s will be subpar compared to..

SDSU
UND
NDSU
MSU (future)
Youngstown State
Weber State
Tennessee State

Yes. UM has a better stadium.

I’m simply stating the facts. For a top tier FCS football program the bubble will be below the top tier of a similar type of facility.

It is what it is. I’m just saying they should build something better. It is a bandaid.

garizzalies said:
Livininthebush said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://missoulian.com/news/state-regional/education/band-football-fcs-um-griz-msu-cats/article_6d4249d2-a0f3-11ee-b94a-eb51e93967cb.html&ved=2ahUKEwjttLOh-YiEAxV3xuYEHav8CwIQFnoECBEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw39YIkdVHmgk-OKC87P7mXG
Sorry lil bro. I will never click on some link from you guys. Don’t want my phone to get an STI, so no idea what you’re trying to say

To answer your question, lil bro is the school always cutting corners to catch up to UM but it will never happen because the one University and the other college are not analogous to living brothers, where the older one eventually stops growing and the lil bro catches up. Instead, if you want to apply a living simile, it would be trees. UM is the bigger tree and MSdUi is the littler tree that can never catch up.

It's a link that so proudly claims that msu somehow found and donated like .0000003% of the 900k UM raised to prevent the taxpayers of Montana from footing the bill to send the band to Frisco. MsdUi fleeced the taxpayer when they went, and then they try to get mileage out of the fact they made a tiny donation to UM.

garizzalies said:
Livininthebush said:

It's a link that so proudly claims that msu somehow found and donated like .0000003% of the 900k UM raised to prevent the taxpayers of Montana from footing the bill to send the band to Frisco. MsdUi fleeced the taxpayer when they went, and then they try to get mileage out of the fact they made a tiny donation to UM.

UM had the funds to send the band, but they wanted to use the band thing as a good way to do a small fundraiser. Even MSU fell for the ruse.

2011BisonAlumni said:
Livininthebush said:
And yet some over here will maintain that a collapsable bubble dome is still the way to go, even tho most of the fcs and fbs programs who take their football serious would disagree.

SDSU
UND
NDSU
MSU (future)
Youngstown State
Weber State
Tennessee State

I’m simply stating the facts. For a top tier FCS football program the bubble will be below the top tier of a similar type of facility.

It is what it is. I’m just saying they should build something better. It is a bandaid.

Yeahhhh, unfortunately I can almost hear those conversations now:

Top Recruit in the Country: “Coach Hauck, I really appreciate the visit and the scholarship offer to play here at UM. I know UM has the most wins of any team in the nation this century. And I know you’re coming off a trip to the title game and are heavily favored to go back next year. And I know you’ve got the Mecca of fcs football stadiums, and the largest, greatest crowds in the country. And the Champions Center is on par with P5 programs. And the Academic Center for athletes is amazing. And man, Missoula is the most beautiful, most hip college town in America. But Coach, I’m going to attend school in god awful ugly Grand Forks. See, North Dakota has an IPF that looks like a garden shed and not a bubble, and that’s what I really value in a program”.

EverettGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

SDSU
UND
NDSU
MSU (future)
Youngstown State
Weber State
Tennessee State

Top Recruit in the Country: “Coach Hauck, I really appreciate the visit and the scholarship offer to play here at UM. I know UM has the most wins of any team in the nation this century. And I know you’re coming off a trip to the title game and are heavily favored to go back next year. And I know you’ve got the Mecca of fcs football stadiums, and the largest, greatest crowds in the country. And the Champions Center is on par with P5 programs. And the Academic Center for athletes is amazing. And man, Missoula is the most beautiful, most hip college town in America. But Coach, I’m going to attend school in god awful ugly Grand Forks. See, North Dakota has an IPF that looks like a garden shed and not a bubble, and that’s what I really value in a program”.

In roughly a decade since south dakta state built their indoor practice facility they went to 3 national championship games and won the last two.

this last team for them was absolutly loaded with talent including three who just got invites from this yearsv nfl combine...How many have the griz sent to the nfl combine in the last decade, or better yet how many griz have been drafted in the nfl draft this decade... :roll:

Brookings south dakotta is hardly paradise, and yet they have been consistently one of the top two teams in the fcs, since they built their indoor practice facility

Keep crowing about how recruits don't care about things like indoor practice facilities and watch teams like sdsu and ndsu keep winning fcs titles as long as they want to Stay in the fcs.

Livininthebush said:
Keep crowing about how recruits don't care about things like indoor practice facilities and watch teams like sdsu and ndsu keep winning fcs titles as long as they want to Stay in the fcs.
We will but only if you keep logging into egriz at 4am to remind us. Thanks!

Wonder why you can’t keep a girlfriend?

mthoopsfan said:
UM had the funds to send the band, but they wanted to use the band thing as a good way to do a small fundraiser. Even MSU fell for the ruse.

Sure they did... sadly this isn't the first time someone else had to step up and donate money to the university.

Multiple times u of montana dance teams had to do fundraisers or even a gofundme page To be able to cheer on their teams at tournaments... kinda sad.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=http://www.montanakaimin.com/sports/dance-team-starts-gofundme-to-pay-for-travel-to-big-sky-championship/article_346ee578-4cfd-11ea-98b9-73f50f334349.amp.html&ved=2ahUKEwjY1taSqIqEAxVnIEQIHRm2DSoQFnoECBQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw04vxsWwQXJHgRTtiogHcdZ

garizzalies said:
Livininthebush said:
We will but only if you keep logging into egriz at 4am to remind us. Thanks!

Wonder why you can’t keep a girlfriend?

Nice try to KEEP DEFLECTING the topic.

Livininthebush said:
mthoopsfan said:

Sure they did... sadly this isn't the first time someone else had to step up and donate money to the university.

Multiple times u of montana dance teams had to do fundraisers or even a gofundme page To be able to cheer on their teams at tournaments... kinda sad.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=http://www.montanakaimin.com/sports/dance-team-starts-gofundme-to-pay-for-travel-to-big-sky-championship/article_346ee578-4cfd-11ea-98b9-73f50f334349.amp.html&ved=2ahUKEwjY1taSqIqEAxVnIEQIHRm2DSoQFnoECBQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw04vxsWwQXJHgRTtiogHcdZ

Don’t all or almost all teams fundraise? Does SDSU and MSU not fundraise for their football teams, basketball teams. What’s the big deal about raising money for a team?

Looking at your linked article on um dance team, I was the main fundraiser for the team the 2 years prior to the gofundme. I know a heck of alot more about the situation than you do. Colby Harms is my good friend. She was in Frisco.

garizzalies said:
What am I deflecting? The fact that you logged into egriz at 4am?

So sad lil bro. Rent free indeed

I'll TRY to help YOU out... original topic was indoor practice facilities between fcs school, thanks to some it's any but that..

Who cares what time it was or why it matters? The fact is your logged on right now too.

Livininthebush said:
EverettGriz said:

In roughly a decade since south dakta state built their indoor practice facility they went to 3 national championship games and won the last two.

this last team for them was absolutly loaded with talent including three who just got invites from this yearsv nfl combine...How many have the griz sent to the nfl combine in the last decade, or better yet how many griz have been drafted in the nfl draft this decade... :roll:

Brookings south dakotta is hardly paradise, and yet they have been consistently one of the top two teams in the fcs, since they built their indoor practice facility

If indoor practice facilities are so important, why doesn’t every team with one win national championships? Are you really saying that nicer indoor practice facilities lead to national championships. Now that’s pretty funny.

Everyone agrees that indoor practice facilities are nice to have. Are you saying that since MSU’s will cost more, they will win national championships and Griz won’t?

mthoopsfan said:
Livininthebush said:

If indoor practice facilities are so important, why doesn’t every team with one win national championships? Are you really saying that nicer indoor practice facilities lead to national championships. Now that’s pretty funny.

Everyone agrees that indoor practice facilities are nice to have. Are you saying that since MSU’s will cost more, they will win national championships and Griz won’t?

Why do you think schools like Alabama crimson tide, Georgia bulldogs and Ohio state are generally in the mix for a shot at national title, and teams like kent state, akron and ball state are feeling grateful to be bowl elgible.

here's a hint, the booster, alumnis, and sponsors of teams like alabama, georgia and ohio state are are pouring money into those programs hand over fist to make sure the 5* recruite are wowed by the facilities the minuet they walk into the room.

The better the better the facilities along with other things like coaching, and atmosphere of program all play a role in the caliber of athlete you can recruit, which in turn SHOULD lead to great succes

It's not that hard to understand.

IMG_0695.png

mthoopsfan said:
Livininthebush said:

Well the reality is the teams who don’t have one haven’t been winning national championships recently.

It is a huge recruiting advantage. Players spend 6-8 games a year playing in the home stadium….they spend months practicing in the practice facilities.

It makes a difference.

Livininthebush said:
EverettGriz said:

Exactly.

Brookings is a shithole. The stadium is nice, but it is not WaGriz, but the practice facilities they have there are impressive. It has definitely made a difference in recruiting.

NDSU was winning championships and owned SDSU. The FM area is way better than Brookings. Yet SDSU overtook NDSU. Why?

Facilities.

When did that happen?

When they opened their indoor practice facility.

NDSU had a bubble compared to SDSU. It made a difference.

Livininthebush said:
mthoopsfan said:

Why do you think schools like Alabama crimson tide, Georgia bulldogs and Ohio state are generally in the mix for a shot at national title, and teams like kent state, akron and ball state are feeling grateful to be bowl elgible.

here's a hint, the booster, alumnis, and sponsors of teams like alabama, georgia and ohio state are are pouring money into those programs hand over fist to make sure the 5* recruite are wowed by the facilities the minuet they walk into the room.

The better the better the facilities along with other things like coaching, and atmosphere of program all play a role in the caliber of athlete you can recruit, which in turn SHOULD lead to great succes

And absolutely all of the current facilities at the U of M are superior for recruiting compared to the facilities at MSU. Are you guys really going to try to compare overall facilities now? My god, this thread is deteriorating.

ElrodGrizzly said:
Livininthebush said:

And absolutely all of the current facilities at the U of M are superior for recruiting compared to the facilities at MSU. Are you guys really going to try to compare overall facilities now? My god, this thread is deteriorating.
You are entitled to your opinion, as am I, i agree overall the facilities at u.of Montana are better than what msu has, all I'm saying is the some of the facilities make a bigger difference and the indoor practice facilities can be a major part of a recruits future decision on where you wants to go to.

Latest posts

Back