• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSU's Indoor Practice Facility

bigsky33 said:
ElrodGrizzly said:
Dude, try to let this go. I did. You now have the kindest person on the board, Da Boyz Mom, trying to tell you how unreasonable you are being.

I clicked your link. The only place "brick" comes up is in Brick Breeden Fieldhouse. The link you just shared doesn't say what you claimed, just give it up. I literally quoted from the RFQ. "pre-engineered, metal framed, tensioned fabric exterior building," I didn't invent that. That is the RFQ. Are you familiar with an RFQ in the University system? I'm genuinely asking, not trying to be a jerk.

Lastly, look at your post that started this entire conversation response --

"If your a fan of u.of Montana you should because the price of these facilities are likely only going to get more expensive and the longer u.of Montana waits it's only getting increasingly harder for them to build something even similar of a facility that the bobcats are building."

That is what everyone is responding to. Ours is just as long term a structure as yours. One is a bubble, one is steel with fabric. Stop trying to make fetch happen.

The MSU building is a permanent structure. It has a heavy duty steel beam frame on a permanent foundation and will have brick veneer siding. The lifespan of the siding and roof I do not know. Just trying to clarify. I understood that UM went with the bubble as they wanted to get it in place more quickly. It is good recruiting tool along with preventing weather practice disruptions. Like I mentioned earlier, Arizona State has a bubble and it has been there for years. It deflated a couple of times as a result of storms but other than that it is fine. And yes, a bubble costs a lot less. Both the MSU and UM facilities will accomplish the same goals for the respective FB programs and will have the same benefits as the Dakota schools facility.

And that is the point we have all been making to your Bobcat friend there. The U of M is not in any way behind on this, and both schools will have the same outcome, as I have said multiple times. Perhaps you should quote him and explain it to him, rather than me?

ElrodGrizzly said:
bigsky33 said:
The MSU building is a permanent structure. It has a heavy duty steel beam frame on a permanent foundation and will have brick veneer siding. The lifespan of the siding and roof I do not know. Just trying to clarify. I understood that UM went with the bubble as they wanted to get it in place more quickly. It is good recruiting tool along with preventing weather practice disruptions. Like I mentioned earlier, Arizona State has a bubble and it has been there for years. It deflated a couple of times as a result of storms but other than that it is fine. And yes, a bubble costs a lot less. Both the MSU and UM facilities will accomplish the same goals for the respective FB programs and will have the same benefits as the Dakota schools facility.

And that is the point we have all been making to your Bobcat friend there. The U of M is not in any way behind on this, and both schools will have the same outcome, as I have said multiple times. Perhaps you should quote him and explain it to him, rather than me?

You're the only one listening!

EverettGriz said:
I stand fully by my previous statement: he really IS this stupid.

I see you started earlier than usual.

Before logging onto egriz you just might want to start the day with water instead. :thumb:

bigsky33 said:
ElrodGrizzly said:
Dude, try to let this go. I did. You now have the kindest person on the board, Da Boyz Mom, trying to tell you how unreasonable you are being.

I clicked your link. The only place "brick" comes up is in Brick Breeden Fieldhouse. The link you just shared doesn't say what you claimed, just give it up. I literally quoted from the RFQ. "pre-engineered, metal framed, tensioned fabric exterior building," I didn't invent that. That is the RFQ. Are you familiar with an RFQ in the University system? I'm genuinely asking, not trying to be a jerk.

Lastly, look at your post that started this entire conversation response --

"If your a fan of u.of Montana you should because the price of these facilities are likely only going to get more expensive and the longer u.of Montana waits it's only getting increasingly harder for them to build something even similar of a facility that the bobcats are building."

That is what everyone is responding to. Ours is just as long term a structure as yours. One is a bubble, one is steel with fabric. Stop trying to make fetch happen.

It doesn't matter how you lay it out for them, it doesn't fit their narrative. :roll:

Livininthebush said:
EverettGriz said:
I stand fully by my previous statement: he really IS this stupid.

I see you started earlier than usual.

Before logging onto egriz you just might want to start the day with water instead. :thumb:

Started the day with a cup of coffee at 5:15, tennis at 6:00 (with plenty of water thanks), some more water on the way home and a little tea when I arrived home. I'm good. But thanks for your apparent concern.

Livininthebush said:
bigsky33 said:

It doesn't matter how you lay it out for them, it doesn't fit their narrative. :roll:

Neither does an actual permanent facility from P&K Architect's fit your narrative, but shows how little MSU is getting for it's buck.

https://perkinswill.com/area-of-expertise/athletic-sports-performance/

horribilisfan8184 said:
Livininthebush said:

Neither does an actual permanent facility from P&K Architect's fit your narrative, but shows how little MSU is getting for it's buck.

Yep - another thing that folks seem to keep forgetting about our "bubble" is that the "bubble" portion is temporary (yes, it can be inflated/deflated) - the design allows for a conversion to a fully structured building in the future. Way better value for $$ spent than a tented in practice facility with glamping style "walls" on the exterior.

bigsky33 said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
The inflatable tennis facility at msu was up for close to 20 years. And that was with much older technology.

Also, I know Arizona State has one that has been there for years. Both the UM and MSU new IPF’s will be very functional.

And since opening it ….

Arizona State has as many losing seasons as winning seasons.
Arizona State has not won a conference championship
Arizona State has not played in a major bowl game

To the best of my knowledge, it is the only Big12 school that lacks an actual fixed structure indoor practice facility. It is by far the worst in the conference.

Saying a bubble is just fine, in comparison to a nice fixed structure, is kind of ignorant.

There are so many things that go into recruiting, but MSU definitely will have the upper hand , when it comes to facilities. And yes, it will make a difference.

2011BisonAlumni said:
bigsky33 said:
Also, I know Arizona State has one that has been there for years. Both the UM and MSU new IPF’s will be very functional.

And since opening it ….

Saying a bubble is just fine, in comparison to a nice fixed structure, is kind of ignorant.

There are so many things that go into recruiting, but MSU definitely will have the upper hand , when it comes to facilities. And yes, it will make a difference.

This makes me think you haven't seen our facilities and their facilities in person.

2011BisonAlumni said:
bigsky33 said:

And since opening it ….

To the best of my knowledge, it is the only Big12 school that lacks an actual fixed structure indoor practice facility. It is by far the worst in the conference.

Bro, NDSU has one of the worst venues I've seen, slightly better than the Pocatello "dome" but not much.
Bet Fargo puts on a hell of a trade show, though.

ElrodGrizzly said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
And since opening it ….

This makes me think you haven't seen our facilities and their facilities in person.

I have. I’m not saying Montana is trash. Champions center is very nice.

I’m saying Montana State will definitely have a leg up when it comes to the indoor practice facilities.

griz4life said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
And since opening it ….

Bro, NDSU has one of the worst venues I've seen, slightly better than the Pocatello "dome" but not much.
Bet Fargo puts on a hell of a trade show, though.

The Fargodome is one of the best FCS stadiums, despite being dated.

The indoor practice facility, that was just built , is the best in the FCS. Arguably as good as any FBS team.

The workout facilities are very important to recruits.

2011BisonAlumni said:
ElrodGrizzly said:

I’m saying Montana State will definitely have a leg up when it comes to the indoor practice facilities.

I see. I thought you were meaning they would have an overall recruiting advantage in facilities.

I'll just agree to disagree with you, on that. Since neither have been built it is hard for me to believe any of us could predict which would be more attractive to future recruits. You may be right, but we will see.

Either way, it was not built to attract recruits. It is being built to allow the team to practice fully when the weather is bad. That is the purpose. And for that, they will both achieve the exact same outcome. Though MSU will not have a full football field, for some reason.

2011BisonAlumni said:
bigsky33 said:

And since opening it ….

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

omg

2011BisonAlumni said:
ElrodGrizzly said:

Why do you come on this site to sh*t on the Griz?
I've think I've figured out who you are, and your NDSU pride is typical alumni. You earned it. Why the angst against the Griz? MSU and UM connections, are shirttail at best, so what's with this faux scat angle?

2011BisonAlumni said:
ElrodGrizzly said:

Vigen pitch to recruits: UM has a cheap inflatable bubble IPF, we have much more luxurious covered wagon style IPF.

Bobby pitch to recruits: Bubbles, fabric tensioned steel frames ….who gives a fudge? At the end of the day 26k+ fans will never pack an IPF to watch you practice

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

Yep - another thing that folks seem to keep forgetting about our "bubble" is that the "bubble" portion is temporary (yes, it can be inflated/deflated) - the design allows for a conversion to a fully structured building in the future. Way better value for $$ spent than a tented in practice facility with glamping style "walls" on the exterior.

I have to disagree. It is getting good value for its money given construction costs have increased significantly over the last couple of years. If they were to go with a bubble exactly like UM this year, it would probably be at a significantly higher cost than the UM bubble based on the increases. It will be serving both football and the track team. Gives both FB and track a dependable, temperature controlled place to practice from here on out once completed. In addition, with changing rooms included in the facility, it will be made available to the Bozeman area community for the high schools or other community athletic team use. Yes, the bubble is cheaper, but if and when converted to a permanent structure, additional cost will be incurred at probably higher construction costs. The bottom line, each school is taking a different approach. However, the end result is each school will have a nice facility that accomplishes its goals. Each approach has it merits. I don't see one being better than the other.

I honestly cannot believe the Bubbies are acting like a wedding tent is far superior to an inflatable. Neither one is a permanent structure, and RHS is an absolute eyesore. There's a grain elevator-looking thing, a stretch of bleachers that must date back to the 60s, a modular roll-up section, and an oil change-looking building that replaced the equipment sheds. It's incredible that they wouldn't try to fix that before spending tens of millions on a tent. Then, we get the entire Bizon graduating class of 2011 chiming in for the first time since their semifinal loss because, apparently, not enough people were mentioning the Bizon in this thread.

3-7-77 said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

I've think I've figured out who you are, and your NDSU pride is typical alumni. You earned it. Why the angst against the Griz? MSU and UM connections, are shirttail at best, so what's with this faux scat angle?

I’m not talking shit.

I’m just saying MSU will have a nicer indoor practice facility. There isn’t anything wrong with that.

UM’s is better than nothing. But it is a bandaid.

It isn’t this. This is what they really need.

https://gobison.com/news/2022/10/14/general-ndsu-opens-54-million-nodak-insurance-company-football-performance-complex.aspx

2011BisonAlumni said:
3-7-77 said:

I’m not talking poop.

I’m just saying MSU will have a nicer indoor practice facility. There isn’t anything wrong with that.

UM’s is better than nothing. But it is a bandaid.

It isn’t this. This is what they really need.

https://gobison.com/news/2022/10/14/general-ndsu-opens-54-million-nodak-insurance-company-football-performance-complex.aspx
54 mil for a practice facility? Perhaps that’s why the good people of Fargo voted down a new tax payer funded Fargo Dome.

Back