• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSU Press Conference - Coach Brent Vigen

The.Real.2506 said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
Yeah Vigen's riding Choate's coattails right now. We'll know how good of a coach he really is in a few years after Choate's guys all graduate.

When do we find out how good of a coach Bobby is? isn't this his 4th year back? Isn't his record this go around close to Stitts?
I know counting is an advanced class at MSU, but this is Hauck's third year, unless you count the two games played this spring. But how could you since MSU hid in the weeds instead of playing.

Pretty vanilla comments by both coaches. There's a recognition that the fan behavior around Griz-cat has become a problem. I don't think either program wants to add to that.

kemajic said:
The.Real.2506 said:
When do we find out how good of a coach Bobby is? isn't this his 4th year back? Isn't his record this go around close to Stitts?
I know counting is an advanced class at MSU, but this is Hauck's third year, unless you count the two games played this spring. But how could you since MSU hid in the weeds instead of playing.

So it wasn’t a real season and doesn’t count, but the cats were hiding by not playing in the said fake season?

ilovethecats said:
kemajic said:

So it wasn’t a real season and doesn’t count, but the cats were hiding by not playing in the said fake season?

Correct.

griz4life said:
Pretty vanilla comments by both coaches. There's a recognition that the fan behavior around Griz-cat has become a problem. I don't think either program wants to add to that.

I think fan behavior was WAY worse 15+ years ago. I wouldn’t even let my kids even go to the game. Pregame tailgating and postgame downtown was ugly.

I’ve said it a bunch, but despite how fun it must have been for you guys, the streak was terrible for the rivalry as a whole. It brought out the worst in people.

I find it much tamer now than I ever remember.

The.Real.2506 said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
Yeah Vigen's riding Choate's coattails right now. We'll know how good of a coach he really is in a few years after Choate's guys all graduate.

Stitt 21-14 13-9 BSC. Final 2 seasons 14-11 8-8 BSC No playoffs

Hauck 24-11 15-8. Last 2 seasons. 18-6 11-4 BSC. 2 playoff appearances most likely.

I’d say by the numbers Hauck has had a better record than Stitt, especially when comparing the last 2 seasons with Stitt’s final 2. Also, I didn’t include the 2 spring games.

kurtismichael said:
The.Real.2506 said:

Stitt 21-14 13-9 BSC. Final 2 seasons 14-11 8-8 BSC No playoffs

Hauck 24-11 15-8. Last 2 seasons. 18-6 11-4 BSC. 2 playoff appearances most likely.

I’d say by the numbers Hauck has had a better record than Stitt, especially when comparing the last 2 seasons with Stitt’s final 2. Also, I didn’t include the 2 spring games.

I said close;

.69 vs .66 seems pretty close to me :thumb:

The.Real.2506 said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Stitt was trending down. Hauck is trending up.

Stitt:
2015 (8-5)
2016 (6-5)
2017 (7-4)
=(21-14)

Hauck:
2018 (6-5)
2019 (10-4)
2020-2021 (2-0)
2021 (8-2 so far)
=(24-11)

Yukon said:
The.Real.2506 said:

Stitt:
2015 (8-5)
2016 (6-5)
2017 (7-4)
=(21-14)

Hauck:
2018 (6-5)
2019 (10-4)
2020-2021 (2-0)
2021 (8-2 so far)
=(24-11)

Exactly. The part where I broke it down over the last 2 seasons for each apparently went over 2506’s head.

The.Real.2506 said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

No. Hauck is 20-6 in his last two seasons.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
The.Real.2506 said:
No. Hauck is 20-6 in his last two seasons.
And if he were at a Big-10, Big-12 (maybe), or SEC school, but had lost to the "traditional" rival ... he'd be standing there with a foot on a banana peel. Hopefully, we're better than that (or maybe not :( ).

kurtismichael said:
Yukon said:

Stitt:
2015 (8-5)
2016 (6-5)
2017 (7-4)
=(21-14)

Hauck:
2018 (6-5)
2019 (10-4)
2020-2021 (2-0)
2021 (8-2 so far)
=(24-11)

Exactly. The part where I broke it down over the last 2 seasons for each apparently went over 2506’s head.
The Chunnell would go over 2506's head. I've owned bath mats smarter than that clown.

Yukon said:
The.Real.2506 said:

Stitt:
2015 (8-5)
2016 (6-5)
2017 (7-4)
=(21-14)

Hauck:
2018 (6-5)
2019 (10-4)
2020-2021 (2-0)
2021 (8-2 so far)
=(24-11)

Plus, Stitt’s first year was mostly with players recruited by Dennehy; Hauck’s first year back was mostly with players recruited by Stitt.

Finally sat down and listened to a chunk of this press conference, first time I've paid much attention to Vigen. I'll be damned but he seems like a respectable dude and his face is way less punchable than Choate's.

kemajic said:
Special H said:
He took over Choates really average team and made them better than they are.
"Choate's really average team" made it to the semis before getting beaten by NDSU and finished 11-4. First time they'd been to the semis is 35 years.

With the FCS only having 1 power program and 2 or 3 better than average teams is that really that big of a deal?

Its not like the FCS still has Umass, Marshal, App St, Coastal Carolina etc. Now losing JMU Why do you think NDSU wins it every year? The FCS is so watered down Weber St and Sam Houston are players

ilovethecats said:
griz4life said:

I think fan behavior was WAY worse 15+ years ago. I wouldn’t even let my kids even go to the game. Pregame tailgating and postgame downtown was ugly.

I’ve said it a bunch, but despite how fun it must have been for you guys, the streak was terrible for the rivalry as a whole. It brought out the worst in people.

Its only tame because younger people in general are gigantic pussies with no social skills to handle real world conflict.

Being a Griz fan thought the streak wasn't that bad, we expected to beat you because we always did. Cat fans didn't even put up a fight because you knew your place. Not much has changed other than the entitlement generation is drinking craft beer, gaming and are now the fans of each fanbase.

MontanaJack2006 said:
Finally sat down and listened to a chunk of this press conference, first time I've paid much attention to Vigen. I'll be damned but he seems like a respectable dude and his face is way less punchable than Choate's.
:lol: This. ^^^
Go Griz!

ilovethecats said:
griz4life said:

I will never forget being in Iron Horse and this Dude in blue and gold starts mouthing off after the game and loudly. I was a somewhat old fart & he was not but could not hold back. I said loudly You can say the shit over in Bozeman but not here in Missoula. Thankfully his Girly friends settled him down and everything was cool after that. He could have pulverized me to boot!

Latest posts

Back