• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

More FYI to chew on....Kemp and JJ

To: Argh aka retard.

First you said "How do you think hash is made?" after I said "Hash isn't made from resin from smoke." or along those lines anyways. I never said tobacco makes hash.. I said "So tobacco makes resin, can that make hash" once again along those lines. Way to fail at reading and trying to make yourself seem smart again. Hash isn't made from resin. It's from a bunch of thc crystals compacted together. Well I mean techincally it is resin, but at the same time it's not. It's considered resin because it comes off the bud and is sticky and shit. You thought smoke resin made hash don't lie, you said it yourself... You twist words around to make it seem like you weren't wrong and I was. Which is complete horse doo-doo. Man you're dumb.

To the Kemp lovers:

If you don't think JJ would of done the same if not better, you are delusional. He made 7 of 8 passes against UNC. Montana made 7 of 10 and didn't have interceptions. Is he better than JJ too? It was against UNC and the play calling was plays they were comfortable with Kemp and Montana doing them. They would of been comfortable with JJ doing anything. If Kemp and Montana played against a good team and threw a lot more do you doubt they would have interceptions or mistakes?

AZGrizFan said:
jcu27 said:
argh! said:
so if i read the oregano guy's posts right, he thinks jj isn't the best qb, so the griz need to play him instead of the better qbs - in order for him to become the better qb later in his career?

sigh.
It's funny you keep saying the oregano guy when you are the one who thought hash was made from smoke resin. I think JJ is the best QB on our team. He is more balanced out imo. He needs to start and play more so he can get way better. Not that hard to understand. Basically everyone is wanting Kemp when he is more of a one dimensional QB and it's not a throwing one. I'd rather have just a QB that could pass great than one who could run great, but this scheme doesn't go like that.

:lol: :roll:

Continuing to state that like its fact doesn't make it so. :? :?

8/10, 80% completion rate, 2 TD's, 0 INT's
64/113, 56% completion rate, 5 TD's, 5 INT's

I didn't say he was one dimensional. I said he is more of one than JJ. Reading comprehension bad?

jcu27 said:

First you said "How do you think hash is made?" after I said "Hash isn't made from resin from smoke." or along those lines anyways. I never said tobacco makes hash.. I said "So tobacco makes resin, can that make hash" once again along those lines. Way to fail at reading and trying to make yourself seem smart again. Hash isn't made from resin. It's from a bunch of thc crystals compacted together. Well I mean techincally it is resin, but at the same time it's not. It's considered resin because it comes off the bud and is sticky and shit. You thought smoke resin made hash don't lie, you said it yourself... You twist words around to make it seem like you weren't wrong and I was. Which is complete horse doo-doo. Man you're dumb.
who the hell cares? why is this even being talked about in a football message board...get over it and let it go

jcu27 said:
AZGrizFan said:
jcu27 said:
argh! said:
so if i read the oregano guy's posts right, he thinks jj isn't the best qb, so the griz need to play him instead of the better qbs - in order for him to become the better qb later in his career?

sigh.
It's funny you keep saying the oregano guy when you are the one who thought hash was made from smoke resin. I think JJ is the best QB on our team. He is more balanced out imo. He needs to start and play more so he can get way better. Not that hard to understand. Basically everyone is wanting Kemp when he is more of a one dimensional QB and it's not a throwing one. I'd rather have just a QB that could pass great than one who could run great, but this scheme doesn't go like that.

:lol: :roll:

Continuing to state that like its fact doesn't make it so. :? :?

8/10, 80% completion rate, 2 TD's, 0 INT's
64/113, 56% completion rate, 5 TD's, 5 INT's

I didn't say he was one dimensional. I said he is more of one than JJ. Reading comprehension bad?

You say he's more of a one dimensional QB and "it's not a throwing one". You wanna parse words? Fine. :roll: :roll:

He's got equivalent rushing #'s and better passing #'s. He appears to be a LOT more 2-dimensional than JJ.

jcu27 said:
To the Kemp lovers:

If you don't think JJ would of done the same if not better, you are delusional. He made 7 of 8 passes against UNC. Montana made 7 of 10 and didn't have interceptions. Is he better than JJ too? It was against UNC and the play calling was plays they were comfortable with Kemp and Montana doing them. They would of been comfortable with JJ doing anything. If Kemp and Montana played against a good team and threw a lot more do you doubt they would have interceptions or mistakes?

JJ would have thrown into triple coverage at least once. It's what he does. He also would have made a bad read on the read option 3-4 times. It's what he does. JJ made a VERY average Sac State defense (31 points allowed vs MSU, 35 points allowed vs SUU, 49 vs Weber (yea, the SAME Weber that just lost to a decimated EWU team) look all-world with his poor play.

But I forgot, we're letting him learn on the fly so he'll be a better quarterback.

But not until "later". :roll: :roll:

Kemp has better passing numbers... Are you fucking high? What are the passing stats exactly? So in a game against UNC and 7 completed passes you come to the conclusion he appears to be a lot more two dimensional. Good logic. Isn't it the WRs job to get out of coverage? Not really his fault. You don't know what JJ would of done. But it's pretty easy to tell JJ would of done great against them. UNC sucks. Don't see what's so hard to understand. Kemp is a Junior, correct? And he still isn't balanced out. How long does it take a kid to learn? He has had plenty of chances to step up and become a starter. Did he do that this year. Yes, but only against UNC. JJ will be the starter as long as he stays healthy and there's a reason for that. I'm just saying JJ will get better as time goes on. A lot better. Sac played that game with heart and for a reason. It didn't seem like the Griz came with anything, but a hangover. The whole team did a bad job against Sac. DOn't put all the blame on JJ/

jcu27 said:
Kemp has better passing numbers... Are you fucking high? What are the passing stats exactly? So in a game against UNC and 7 completed passes you come to the conclusion he appears to be a lot more two dimensional. Good logic. Isn't it the WRs job to get out of coverage? Not really his fault. You don't know what JJ would of done. But it's pretty easy to tell JJ would of done great against them. UNC sucks. Don't see what's so hard to understand. Kemp is a Junior, correct? And he still isn't balanced out. How long does it take a kid to learn? He has had plenty of chances to step up and become a starter. Did he do that this year. Yes, but only against UNC. JJ will be the starter as long as he stays healthy and there's a reason for that. I'm just saying JJ will get better as time goes on. A lot better. Sac played that game with heart and for a reason. It didn't seem like the Griz came with anything, but a hangover. The whole team did a bad job against Sac. DOn't put all the blame on JJ/

Kemp DOESN'T have better passing #'s? What stats are you looking at?

I love how you say "you don't know what JJ would have done" and then IMMEDIATELY follow it up with "but it's pretty easy to tell JJ would of (sic) done great against them." :lol: :lol: :lol: :?

JJ's a QB. He's going to get the blame when they win and the praise when they lose. That's the way it works. You don't want that pressure, go be a safety. :roll:

becker2117 said:
jcu27 said:

who the hell cares? why is this even being talked about in a football message board...get over it and let it go

because jj is obviously playing high, and we want to argue over whether or not he should smoke hash instead of bud. got a problem with that?

AZGrizFan said:
jcu27 said:
Kemp has better passing numbers... Are you f***[*] high? What are the passing stats exactly? So in a game against UNC and 7 completed passes you come to the conclusion he appears to be a lot more two dimensional. Good logic. Isn't it the WRs job to get out of coverage? Not really his fault. You don't know what JJ would of done. But it's pretty easy to tell JJ would of done great against them. UNC sucks. Don't see what's so hard to understand. Kemp is a Junior, correct? And he still isn't balanced out. How long does it take a kid to learn? He has had plenty of chances to step up and become a starter. Did he do that this year. Yes, but only against UNC. JJ will be the starter as long as he stays healthy and there's a reason for that. I'm just saying JJ will get better as time goes on. A lot better. Sac played that game with heart and for a reason. It didn't seem like the Griz came with anything, but a hangover. The whole team did a bad job against Sac. DOn't put all the blame on JJ/

I love how you say "you don't know what JJ would have done" and then IMMEDIATELY follow it up with "but it's pretty easy to tell JJ would of (sic) done great against them." :lol: :lol: :lol: :?

JJ's a QB. He's going to get the blame when they win and the praise when they lose. That's the way it works. You don't want that pressure, go be a safety. :roll:
How many yards does Kemp have in passing? What about JJ?

A middle school QB could put 30 points on UNC. Not hard to tell he would of done good against them. If Nate Montana would of kept playing the whole time against UNC he would of looked like his dad. Blame it on the QB.. That's the way it works when you don't know crap about football. It's not just the QB playing. Who allowed Sac Sts offense to score? The defense. Whose fault is it for being in coverage? The WR. I know JJ has a lot of blame to go on him to, but it goes the same for everyone. He didn't lose the game. The Griz did.

How many yards does Kemp have in passing? What about JJ?[/quote]

A middle school QB could put 30 points on UNC. Not hard to tell he would of done good against them. If Nate Montana would of kept playing the whole time against UNC he would of looked like his dad. Blame it on the QB.. That's the way it works when you don't know crap about football. It's not just the QB playing. Who allowed Sac Sts offense to score? The defense. Whose fault is it for being in coverage? The WR. I know JJ has a lot of blame to go on him to, but it goes the same for everyone. He didn't lose the game. The Griz did.
This is why its impossible to take any of your posts serious "whose fault is it for being in coverage" come on man...you know its the qbs job to read the coverage, and not try to stuff it into small windows unless he has the arm to do so...or even worse just toss it up for grabs just because he is under pressure.....I will not even elaborate on the middle school comment.

When it comes to coaching at Montana, or any winning program, with the tradition of Montana, coaching is an entirely different mindset. Fan bases like ours do not accept, nor understand any thought, or plans other than playing to win THIS year!!!!

Based on the season to date, and observation, I honestly cannot see how or why some people do not see JJ's struggles have outweighed his positives so far. Yet when Kemp is at the helm, he takes care of the ball, makes better decisions, is a better leader, and has proven to be successful in leading his offensive personnel on scoring drives, at a much higher % than JJ has.

Again, he has done nothing to hurt the GRIZ. Right now, this year, I honestly feel what separates Kemp and JJ is that JJ is not ready yet to be consistent as we need him to be. I expect both to struggle at points, but JJ's struggles are much more frequent. Split the playing time for the 2 for the next few games, unless one gets on such a good role, that it makes no sense to take one out.

Let the 2 prove themselves during games, after all the games are what count, not practices. The best player with the best game results needs to be the man down the stretch.

With that said, rather it be Kemp, JJ, or even Montana play the one doing the best. IF JJ is on fire, there will not be a need to sub for him. A few examples come to mind already this season. The 2nd half against Cal Poly, was a phenomenal performance by JJ, and the offense. Pflu, or any coach would have been insane to sub him out, just for the sake of playing time competition. However, the 2nd halves of the EWU and Sac State games, there was no logical reason in the world to not try Kemp's and/or Montana's hand to see if they could spark a struggling offense. For the life of me, I cannot understand the decision making behind the Sac State debacle.

The GRIZ were fortunate to escape the EWU game with a W, and won despite qb struggles. The Sac State game, JJ was getting beat up, making very bad decisions, and keeping him in the game, hurt him, and his team. IF that happens again for any of our QB's, I hope Pflu utilizes another qb.

If the GRIZ were truly a rebuilding progam, and did not have the expectations, then I certainly understand the mindset of developing for the long term betterment of the program. If Pflu wants that luxury, he should have looked for employment at any BSC program, but Montana.

At Montana, it is about winning now, not in a year or 2. I am sure he knows all that, but needs to have the mindset to instill that thinking every game. Seriously, the way the GRIZ qb situation is handled very well may make or break the decision of being here for 1 contract, or being here more long term.

Here is to hoping one QB, or the other plays well enough to put an end to qb speculation. I honestly don't care which QB that is. Best of luck to each. I will be rooting for the GRIZ either way.

mtgrizrule said:
When it comes to coaching at Montana, or any winning program, with the tradition of Montana, coaching is an entirely different mindset. Fan bases like ours do not accept, nor understand any thought, or plans other than playing to win THIS year!!!!

Based on the season to date, and observation, I honestly cannot see how or why some people do not see JJ's struggles have outweighed his positives so far. Yet when Kemp is at the helm, he takes care of the ball, makes better decisions, is a better leader, and has proven to be successful in leading his offensive personnel on scoring drives, at a much higher % than JJ has.

Again, he has done nothing to hurt the GRIZ. Right now, this year, I honestly feel what separates Kemp and JJ is that JJ is not ready yet to be consistent as we need him to be. I expect both to struggle at points, but JJ's struggles are much more frequent. Split the playing time for the 2 for the next few games, unless one gets on such a good role, that it makes no sense to take one out.

Let the 2 prove themselves during games, after all the games are what count, not practices. The best player with the best game results needs to be the man down the stretch.

With that said, rather it be Kemp, JJ, or even Montana play the one doing the best. IF JJ is on fire, there will not be a need to sub for him. A few examples come to mind already this season. The 2nd half against Cal Poly, was a phenomenal performance by JJ, and the offense. Pflu, or any coach would have been insane to sub him out, just for the sake of playing time competition. However, the 2nd halves of the EWU and Sac State games, there was no logical reason in the world to not try Kemp's and/or Montana's hand to see if they could spark a struggling offense. For the life of me, I cannot understand the decision making behind the Sac State debacle.

The GRIZ were fortunate to escape the EWU game with a W, and won despite qb struggles. The Sac State game, JJ was getting beat up, making very bad decisions, and keeping him in the game, hurt him, and his team. IF that happens again for any of our QB's, I hope Pflu utilizes another qb.

If the GRIZ were truly a rebuilding progam, and did not have the expectations, then I certainly understand the mindset of developing for the long term betterment of the program. If Pflu wants that luxury, he should have looked for employment at any BSC program, but Montana.

At Montana, it is about winning now, not in a year or 2. I am sure he knows all that, but needs to have the mindset to instill that thinking every game. Seriously, the way the GRIZ qb situation is handled very well may make or break the decision of being here for 1 contract, or being here more long term.

Here is to hoping one QB, or the other plays well enough to put an end to qb speculation. I honestly don't care which QB that is. Best of luck to each. I will be rooting for the GRIZ either way.
i think you have nailed it here ....the majority of people who think kemp is the better option right now do not hate JJ, if JJ gets hot and earns the job through outstanding play....every sane griz fan would be extremely happy with that...on the other end of that spectrum...if GK play carries over from last week, and has that kind of success...he should play...what ever gets the griz the victories!

Pflu has settled on JJ as the Griz QB & will live or die by that. As long as JJ is healthy, he'll get the most, if not all, the reps in any game. Argue all you want, but that's the way it is. This O cannot go on adjusting for 3 different QBs. Far as I know, no other college team rotates its QBs like this. Just sit down, STFU, & let Pflu do his thing. Because he will, anyway. I'm no Pflu lover, btw, but you've got to let a coach live or die by the decisions he makes.

Grizzoola said:
Pflu has settled on JJ as the Griz QB & will live or die by that. As long as JJ is healthy, he'll get the most, if not all, the reps in any game. Argue all you want, but that's the way it is. This O cannot go on adjusting for 3 different QBs. Far as I know, no other college team rotates its QBs like this. Just sit down, STFU, & let Pflu do his thing. Because he will, anyway. I'm no Pflu lover, btw, but you've got to let a coach live or die by the decisions he makes.

In 2009 the Griz rotated QB's quite successfully.

BradyBear said:
Doesn't mean we have to like it!!

Well put.

No matter who the coach is, if this team is struggling, fans should voice their opinions. Then again, it likely gets nowhere as far as coaches are concerned. Nonetheless, the speculation, suggestions, etc certainly makes for some fun amongst ourselves. :thumb:

Back