• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

More Corruption in College Sports

3-7-77 said:
Bama got knocked off last night. Now Brandon Miller can start being a regular college student. I'm assuming he is actually enrolled and attends classes, at least some of them. Big assumption. Guess the armed guard will have to look for a new gig. Yahoo had a good article, and asked a few pointed questions, which were never really asked at the post-game presser:

"Was it worth refusing to bench Brandon Miller despite his involvement in a fatal shooting in Tuscaloosa on Jan. 15? Was it worth sullying Oats’ reputation and Alabama’s reputation to keep playing the star freshman? Was it worth getting buried under a month-long avalanche of negative publicity just to win two games in the men's NCAA tournament?"
https://sports.yahoo.com/after-alabamas-ugly-sweet-16-exit-was-it-worth-the-reputation-hit-from-the-brandon-miller-controversy-053735656.html

The look on Miller's face says it all...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGkEQXr-dmU&list=PL_FRzktB7wDQv8FeiTqL0iqGaGcVS4V6d&index=1

I like this post except for your first statement about Miller. He will not be a normal college student cus in June he’s gonna be a top 3-5 pick in the NBA draft. I’d be shocked if he’s taking any credible college classes, and I wouldn’t be that shocked to hear he doesn’t actually attend the classes he is taking.

mthoopsfan said:
Karma caught up with Alabama and Miller. Much of the country was rooting against Alabama.

I know I was. With hindsight being 20/20, I see Miller was used, abused really, by Oats and the whole Alabama administration. They ran into a coach who knew how to adjust to what Oats was successful with. Look at the expression on Miller's face. Is this the face of a 19 year old about to make a big splash in the NBA, or the look a kid one year out of high school that, probably for the first time in his life, got reality stuck up his ass. Does anyone think the opposing NBA players won't eat his lunch? Next in line to use/abuse him are agents.

The next Forrest Gump of Alabama basketball. I really doubt he's mentally inept, like the football character, but the coaching angle is about the same.

Back