• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

kittens are going to get pounded.

Buttegrizzle said:
Eek. Eek. Eek out wins against bad teams.
Over. Rated.

Despite the shortcomings, they find a way to win. Their OL can open up some huge holes when they have to. Cal Poly makes everyone look ugly. Too early to tell if Cats are over rated. It looks like Sac St next week will be a bigger test.

bigsky33 said:
Buttegrizzle said:
Over. Rated.

Despite the shortcomings, they find a way to win. Their OL can open up some huge holes when they have to. Cal Poly makes everyone look ugly. Too early to tell if Cats are over rated.

They sure as hell made Southern Utah look pretty. :lol:

IdaGriz01 said:
cmtgrizzly said:
Yikes! I had felt cats were getting better each year and that this year would be no different but now I feel like they have taken a step back. Its early and maybe they will end up being really good but my overall gestalt is that even if they make the playoffs they wont go far and I think we certainly look better than them at this point.
I'm certainly no fan of the kitties. BUT, for all the crap thrown at them on this board, they keep winning and are now 5-1, just like the Griz. So ... I don't get i. :?

As I said my overall gestalt is that we look better. I dont think they look as good as they did last year and I expected them to look better. I am aware of their win/losses.

bigsky33 said:
Buttegrizzle said:
Over. Rated.

Despite the shortcomings, they find a way to win. Their OL can open up some huge holes when they have to. Cal Poly makes everyone look ugly. Too early to tell if Cats are over rated. It looks like Sac St next week will be a bigger test.

Fair enough but have they met your expectations for this season. Not in terms of win/loss but do they look as good as you thought they would?

bigsky33 said:
Buttegrizzle said:
Over. Rated.

Look, the Cats have a great running game...but they are not a great passing team. When they come up against a really good defensive team, they are going to have to beat that team with their passing game because their running game can and will be shut down...good luck with the passing game.

cmtgrizzly said:
bigsky33 said:
Buttegrizzle said:
Over. Rated.

Fair enough but have they met your expectations for this season. Not in terms of win/loss but do they look as good as you thought they would?

No, they have not met my expectations. QB is still a problem. That will need to improve if they are going to go far in the playoffs. They are fortunate to have a supporting cast to mask it. Rovig may improve enough. I agree that the Griz look a lot better this year. Dalton Sneed has really come into his own. He is a gamer.

bigsky33 said:
cmtgrizzly said:
bigsky33 said:
Buttegrizzle said:
Over. Rated.

No, they have not met my expectations. QB is still a problem. That will need to improve if they are going to go far in the playoffs. They are fortunate to have a supporting cast to mask it. Rovig may improve enough. I agree that the Griz look a lot better this year. Dalton Sneed has really come into his own. He is a gamer.

Troy Andersen back to QB? Maybe T Johnsen? He looks really good running out of the QB spot. Not sure he can throw but maybe run similar to Andersen last year and then TA can still play linebacker. I hope Choate sticks with Rovig at this point. TA is more dangerous from the QB position if healthy. Rovig looked rattled and frustrated tonight not confident. We might find out more about your team when you play Sac State. Appreciate your civil honest response

bigsky33 said:
Buttegrizzle said:
Over. Rated.

Anytime you’re referring to Sac State as a “big test”, you’re overrated.

Cats have been a good QB away from being a great team, and a great QB away from being an elite team since last year.

Modster was on campus and was leaning Cats until a last minute offer from Cal. Gresch was nearly a commit until Stitt took him at the last minute. Then Murray kept showing up on Instagram during winter conditioning, and I was thinking we could probably make a run with that guy after he had a year to mature. Nope.

So when it became clear we were going with one if the other guys, my actual expectation (perhaps different than a few of my posts over here) was that this team needed to grind out wins any way possible and make the playoffs again. Once there, you never know if the seeding goes favorably, or an upset happens that earns more than one home game. All of a sudden, a team without a QB lands in the quarterfinals.

So there you go. My answer is yes this team has met, possibly exceeded, my expectations so far this year. Scrappy and finding ways to win, and this has been a fun ride so far. I'm not taking 5-1 start for granted.

EverettGriz said:
bigsky33 said:
Buttegrizzle said:
Over. Rated.

When I say Sac State could be a bigger test, I say that based on the way they seem to be improving each week. They beat EWU pretty handily last night. They have some explosive players.

bigsky33 said:
EverettGriz said:
bigsky33 said:
Buttegrizzle said:
Over. Rated.

When I say Sac State could be a bigger test, I say that based on the way they seem to be improving each week. They beat EWU pretty handily last night. They have some explosive players.

Yak... 2-4 Ewo doesn't qualify as a "test" either

The grizzlies 2 conference wins are over a 2-4 UC Davis team and a 2-3 Idaho State team. I’m not sure why there is all this chatter about who the cats play regarding teams and their win/loss record. I would say UC Davis was not as advertised even though they played NDSU down to the wire. The Big Sky Conference is always full of surprises year in and year out. When was the last time the preseason favorite won the conference?

Kitten fans sure are crowing for a team that beat 5 teams so far that are 9-17
SEMO 3-2
West Ill 0-5
Norfolk 1-4
Nau 3-3
Poly 2-3

Paytonlives said:
SEMO 3-2
West Ill 0-5
Norfolk 1-4
Nau 3-3
Poly 2-3
The teams Montana have beat are a combined 11-16. I don't think either team should be "crowing" about anything yet.

For me its not as much about who they played but what they looked like doing it. Take a look at the Cats in the 4th quarter last night. That was a frustrated and fairly demoralized team. Rovig in particular. I just don’t think the Cats look as solid
I thought they would and not in just one game. However, its still kind of early and maybe the Cats will prove to be excellent in the end.

braves84 said:
Paytonlives said:
SEMO 3-2
West Ill 0-5
Norfolk 1-4
Nau 3-3
Poly 2-3
The teams Montana have beat are a combined 11-16. I don't think either team should be "crowing" about anything yet.

Defeated Teams Current Records
#1 NDSU 12-14
#2 JMU 12-16
#3 SDSU 5-15
#4 Weber 7-9
#5 Villanova 9-23
#6 MSU 9-17
#8 Montana 11-16

Can any of the top in the FCS "crow" with this logic? Good teams will presumably always have a skewed "defeated teams record stat".
1. Because they are responsible for a loss to each of their own opponents.
2. Most teams in the FCS are medicore and you can't schedule a top 15 every week.

In my opinion using the records of the teams one has defeated is a piss poor way to value that said teams current capability. Especially in week 6 just coming out of OOC. Far to many variables.

pussycatkillerz said:
braves84 said:
Paytonlives said:
SEMO 3-2
West Ill 0-5
Norfolk 1-4
Nau 3-3
Poly 2-3

Defeated Teams Current Records
#1 NDSU 12-14
#2 JMU 12-16
#3 SDSU 5-15
#4 Weber 7-9
#5 Villanova 9-23
#6 MSU 9-17
#8 Montana 11-16

Can any of the top in the FCS "crow" with this logic? Good teams will presumably always have a skewed "defeated teams record stat".
1. Because they are responsible for a loss to each of their own opponents.
2. Most teams in the FCS are medicore and you can't schedule a top 15 every week.

In my opinion using the records of the teams one has defeated is a piss poor way to value that said teams current capability. Especially in week 6 just coming out of OOC. Far to many variables.

I’ve been banging this drum forever. Great post. Honestly the depths people go to in order to talk crap about the other team is just embarrassing.

Back